HEADS UP - Hull SUPERFAST Pigeon 29 gramme FIBRE 6s

• TIGHTCHOKE changed the title to HEADS UP - Hull SUPERFAST Pigeon 29 gramme FIBRE 6s
11 hours ago, wymberley said:

Does anyone actually believe the Hull performance figures for these, or, for that matter, those for any other of their offerings? Still, at that price would anybody care?

If you read further up the 2018 velocity figures were tested by a member.

The 29g Superfast figures he found are there.

I don’t know what Hull are claiming 

:shaun:

8 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

the age old argument of 7.5s or 6s for pigeon is quickly getting answered for me, i cant believe ive now seen the day when well over 300 quid is a price worth shouting about for pigeon cartridges. couple more years and it will be 100 a slab

Shocking isn’t it! I remember my old man having a heart attack when they went over £200/thousand…..crazy how much they’ve managed to bump them up in recent years. 

9 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

the age old argument of 7.5s or 6s for pigeon is quickly getting answered for me, i cant believe ive now seen the day when well over 300 quid is a price worth shouting about for pigeon cartridges. couple more years and it will be 100 a slab

I have been shooting anything between 4's and 7 1/2s at Wood Pigeons for years, lately through 1/4 choke.

If you are ON THEM they will come down.

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have been shooting anything between 4's and 7 1/2s at Wood Pigeons for years, lately through 1/4 choke.

If you are ON THEM they will come down.

Aw yeah totally agree ive always just been happy with the insurance you get with a few extra grams and a larger shot size. but that little "extra" is like £50 more and i cannot justify it. Especially the amount i shoot getting hard to justify my expenditure as it is. clay's hiked up at the grounds i shoot recently as well. reaching that stage where ive got a nagging feeling in the back of my head that im being financially irresponsible when im enjoying myself and ive not felt like that since my late teens early 20s and ive not missed it haha

• 1 month later...

I tried some Hull Superfast 27 gram clay cartridges in my 6lbs 14ozs side by side and did not like them at all. Too damned punchy! And this is my later father's 30" side by side gun that I had stocked and fitted for me and shoots 1 1/18 standard game loads with no discomfort at all. So Superfast may mean that Newton's Third Law makes life unpleasant at the butt end as well as at the usual muzzle end!