Shotgun licence Renewal is a joke in Cambs

My Licence expired in Dec 23 and I was granted an extension for Feb 24. I submitted my Renewal in July 23 thinking that was more than enough time, Oh how I was wrong!!!  Apparently all been approved but now on a desk in a pile awaiting final approval ( I guess they only work 1 day a week ) Now in April and still waiting. Any info of how I can hurry them along?

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

West Mids was very similar, think I got mine about 5 or 6 months after mine had expired, they just issued temporary tickets which did not bother me so long as I was covered.

They only allow 1x  8 week extension in Cambridgeshire apparently, and I've had that already so I had to surrender my Gun until they can be bothered 

13 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

One for the PCC and MP methinks.

Agreed, the OP should take this advice...https://basc.org.uk/firearms/certificate-renewals/

20 minutes ago, madge998 said:

They only allow 1x  8 week extension in Cambridgeshire apparently, and I've had that already so I had to surrender my Gun until they can be bothered 

Must admit this seems to-be getting out of hand, where are your guns being stored and is it costing you anything?

We all know that certain parties do not want us to have guns including the Police.  So my thoughts are that the longer they keep us

waiting they hope we will get fed up and give up. But it is strange that some Forces can take a few weeks and others months.

Like i said once before about this problem if they can find the time to issue extensions surely they can find the time to issue

SGC/FAC tickets. I may be missing something. I've been with the MET for quite a few years and had no problems.

4 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

i have never stored my guns during renewal as i was told years ago your certificate has been in on time and going thru the process its not your fault if its run out

Agreed, I know people say don't upset the apple cart with regards renewal or grant but in this case I would be banging on someone’s door for some action and answers, think we have taken enough over the last few years, time to start shouting at a few people.

1 minute ago, madge998 said:

Just sent an email to PCC and my firearms officer so will see what happens next, Thank You 

Good on you mate, lets hope someone’s cage get rattled, its about time.

6 minutes ago, samboy said:

We all know that certain parties do not want us to have guns including the Police.  So my thoughts are that the longer they keep us

waiting they hope we will get fed up and give up. But it is strange that some Forces can take a few weeks and others months.

Like i said once before about this problem if they can find the time to issue extensions surely they can find the time to issue

SGC/FAC tickets. I may be missing something. I've been with the MET for quite a few years and had no problems.

You have hit the nail on the head….they all seem to-be doing their own thing, about time it got sorted.

Unless things have changed over the last three years since I have renewed my s g c but I found that the Norfolk branch of the police who issued out the new s g c were first class , kept you informed and my new one came through the letter box just before my old one ran out .

Last week I handed in a B S A s x s to the local police station and again no problem , no charge and they gave me a receipt to prove I have handed it in and no longer have it .

Certainly haven't any complaints now or in the past .     MM

20 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Unless things have changed over the last three years since I have renewed my s g c but I found that the Norfolk branch of the police who issued out the new s g c were first class , kept you informed and my new one came through the letter box just before my old one ran out .

Last week I handed in a B S A s x s to the local police station and again no problem , no charge and they gave me a receipt to prove I have handed it in and no longer have it .

Certainly haven't any complaints now or in the past .     MM

my last renewal.............went in on the friday and the new certificate was on the mat on the thursday

Been 5 months since my letter arrived giving me notice of the renewal, and finally had the visit yesterday to check safe and serial numbers etc... i expect it will be another month before the new ticket arrives (west sussex)

30 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my last renewal.............went in on the friday and the new certificate was on the mat on the thursday

Now that is quick , you didn't have some folded notes in your hand when you gave them a hand shake did you ? , or did you drop them off a brace of Pheasants off for there Christmas party  :lol:

34 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Just now, marsh man said:

Now that is quick , you didn't have some folded notes in your hand when you gave them a hand shake did you ? , or did you drop them off a brace of Pheasants off for there Christmas party  

Do you think it might just have been quite a long time ago?    :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Now that is quick , you didn't have some folded notes in your hand when you gave them a hand shake did you ? , or did you drop them off a brace of Pheasants off for there Christmas party  :lol:

the longest time was 3 to 4 weeks........and i had 3 centre fire rifles and 4 shotguns 

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you think it might just have been quite a long time ago?    :rolleyes:

about 7 or so years ago...........

when i did my renewal on my FAC i had at any one time 12 pistols semi auto and revolvers...even then it was only 3 weeks max...and that was after a visit when the FAO ate all my bloody chocolate hobnobs...(marshman will know who im talking about)

After I'd had my 8 weeks extension and my section 7 was about to run out I sent an email to Staffs and WMids firearms also to my PCC. My PCC replied he has NO power to look into my case but by some miracle the FEO contacted me and booked an visit with me. The FEO stated not to worry if my Section 7 ran out as it is only the Police who could prosecute me but they would have to prosecute themselves for not doing they duty.

23 hours ago, madge998 said:

Just sent an email to PCC and my firearms officer so will see what happens next, Thank You 

Well I spoke to my Firearms officer and she has backed me 100% with regards to my email sent to PCC and she stated she wishes everyone does it so this can get sorted as PCC doe not like complaints and they have to act on it, so thankyou Yellow Bear and Old'un 

42 minutes ago, madge998 said:

Well I spoke to my Firearms officer and she has backed me 100% with regards to my email sent to PCC and she stated she wishes everyone does it so this can get sorted as PCC doe not like complaints and they have to act on it, so thankyou Yellow Bear and Old'un 

Good luck mate, hope it gets sorted quickly now, let us all know how it goes. :good:

Think your FEO is right, we need to start rattling a few cages, this situation as gone on far to long and seems to-be getting worse in some force areas.

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

the longest time was 3 to 4 weeks........and i had 3 centre fire rifles and 4 shotguns 

about 7 or so years ago...........

when i did my renewal on my FAC i had at any one time 12 pistols semi auto and revolvers...even then it was only 3 weeks max...and that was after a visit when the FAO ate all my bloody chocolate hobnobs...(marshman will know who im talking about)

Mr T Burton ?? , he also ate my Digestive  with his cup of tea 😋

Edited by marsh man

58 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Mr T Burton ?? , he also ate my Digestive  with his cup of tea 😋

yup............he used to be part of the armed police protection when the family were down at sandringham...before he was FAO.....him and me had a run in when i was caught fighting with a couple of flunkies when me and a "aristocratic" farm student were emptying the royal bins on a friday...........he never let me forget that :lol:

I’m with Cambridgeshire, I sent my renewal in September last year and it was done and dusted by the time my cert was due to expire in the October. To be fair they were easy to deal with, had a quick online interview and that was job done. 

34 minutes ago, lister1 said:

I’m with Cambridgeshire, I sent my renewal in September last year and it was done and dusted by the time my cert was due to expire in the October. To be fair they were easy to deal with, had a quick online interview and that was job done. 

Do you have Firearms or just shotguns?

as I've spoken to people with Rifles ETC. And they seem to get priority