Sweet&sour chicken

ditchman

It looks really nice and I love the presentation, do you arrange the bits for the photo or is that just how they fell out the woke/pan?

Did you make your own sweet and sour sauce?

Edited by old'un

23 minutes ago, old'un said:

It looks really nice and I love the presentation, do you arrange the bits for the photo or is that just how they fell out the woke/pan?

Did you make your own sweet and sour sauce?

stick it on the plate...no faffing about..............i use a bit of uncle bens sweet and sour sauce...and supply all the rest of the vedge 

uncle bens sauce on its own is terribly sweet

31 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

looks awful dry to me, should make your own sauce its p  easy.

Poor ditchy can't get anything right recently eh !? 🙄

Looks tasty, but,,,, I'd do a little bit more sauce 🥳😁

On 30/04/2024 at 19:14, ditchman said:

uncle bens sauce on its own is terribly sweet

Make my own quick sauce. Chilly dipping sauce, drop of white wine or cider vinegar, Demerara sugar and chopped corriander leaves. Far better than commercial mixes 

On 30/04/2024 at 14:42, ditchman said:

No gravy...so it is safe for billythewily.........

P1010136ss.jpg

P1010135ss.jpg

P1010137ss.jpg

Very nice.. Im loving some stir fry just now. left over pork mostly but will be doing some crab/Langoustine and black bean soon.

13 hours ago, Bobba said:

Make my own quick sauce. Chilly dipping sauce, drop of white wine or cider vinegar, Demerara sugar and chopped corriander leaves. Far better than commercial mixes 

Never heard of putting coriander in S&S sauce, it's totally the wrong flavour. You need Pineapple juice, light brown sugar, Apple cider vinegar,ketchup and Soy sauce thickened with cornflour. Stunning flavour and you can freeze any leftovers.

40 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Never heard of putting coriander in S&S sauce, it's totally the wrong flavour. You need Pineapple juice, light brown sugar, Apple cider vinegar,ketchup and Soy sauce thickened with cornflour. Stunning flavour and you can freeze any leftovers.

Each to his / her own, as they say. Your recipe looks interesting so will give it a try next time. Thanks.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

quite agree............mind you i have found that sauces differ immensly all over different parts of china.............and the other thing is the original sauces where ever you are tend to be very simple ...like most reciepes....then the la-di-da "chefs" get hold of something simple and start adding all sorts of carp to the reciepe...so they can make it their own or their "signiture" reciepe

the most changed recipe ive found to date is Boston baked beans.............christ there are some very weird recipes out there

2 hours ago, Bobba said:

Each to his / her own, as they say. Your recipe looks interesting so will give it a try next time. Thanks.

240ml decent pineapple juice (Tropicana seems best), 150 grams light brown sugar,80ml apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Bung it in a pan and mix/heat then make a cornflour slurry using 1.5 tablespoons cornflour and 2 tablespoons of water - stir this in until you get your desired consistency. Easy and I have never tasted a better sauce.

240ml decent pineapple juice (Tropicana seems best), 150 grams light brown sugar,80ml apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Bung it in a pan and mix/heat then make a cornflour slurry using 1.5 tablespoons cornflour and 2 tablespoons of water - stir this in until you get your desired consistency. Easy and I have never tasted a better sauce.

I’m going to try this 

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

i use the juice from a tin of pineapples, then chop some pineapple up and add it.

3 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

i use the juice from a tin of pineapples, then chop some pineapple up and add it.

Many, many years ago the S&S sauce from a lot of takeaways used to have pineapple pieces in it.

10 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Uncle bens has pieces of pineapple in it.

That doesn't surprise me, but I was referring to the days now long gone when Chinese take aways made their own sauce - these days I believe they buy it from wholesalers. 

That doesn't surprise me, but I was referring to the days now long gone when Chinese take aways made their own sauce - these days I believe they buy it from wholesalers. 

and thank god for that ........in the old days they used so many BANNED substances ..food colours ...flavour enhancers....thickners....loads of MSG..........even the imported soya saauce was carcengenic......:sick: