Pointless questions

chrisjpainter

It's my day off. I could be doing a whole host of useful things. Instead I'm thinking about this:

A Vanguard-class submarine is, give or take, 150 metres long. Would it be quicker to swim 100m freestyle in a pool, or run 100m inside a Vanguard submarine, given the obstacles, stairways and general  restrictiveness of the route? 

Men's freestyle 100m world record is 44.84 seconds.

Men's track 100m is 9.58 seconds, not in a submarine.

Anyone got an answer? Or any other questions I can think about so I don't have to clean the windows?

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's my day off. I could be doing a whole host of useful things. Instead I'm thinking about this:

A Vanguard-class submarine is, give or take, 150 metres long. Would it be quicker to swim 100m freestyle in a pool, or run 100m inside a Vanguard submarine, given the obstacles, stairways and general  restrictiveness of the route? 

Anyone got an answer? Or any other questions I can think about so I don't have to clean the windows?

Go fishing man 🙂

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

yes keep out of the sun....and find a nice hobby

In my defence, the bike's been cleaned, I've tied the fishing rigs I need for my next trip and I'm up to date with my bird counting surveys. Having hobbies isn't a problem. Avoiding doing the windows is ;) 

14 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

smash them then you won't have to clean them plus you will have a smashing time  😁🤣😂

🤣 🤣 graffiti chipboard here we come! 

It's all terribly middle class around here. I suspect if people did graffiti it, it wouldn't be your classic cock and balls, it'd all be well punctuated irony - or Latin.

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Vanguard-class submarine is, give or take, 150 metres long. Would it be quicker to swim 100m freestyle in a pool, or run 100m inside a Vanguard submarine, given the obstacles, stairways and general  restrictiveness of the route? 

Men's track 100m is 9.58 seconds, not in a submarine

Well I can guarantee you can't run or swim that fast, and I know you won't be running fast through a sub, so just to put your mind at ease let's say it's faster to swim!

And you should never do the windows in direct sunlight 😉

Now apply a cold compress or get down the woods/ river 😅😅

As Mice says - don't attempt to clean Windows in the sun or just a hot day. When you do - get the right equipment, a decent mop, scraper and microfibre cloths along with a bottle of Ungers Liquid - you will be amazed how quick you can do a Window.

7 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

well you found mine so I'm pleased I helped to pass the time LOL

56 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Subs don't have windows. 🙂

captain scarlett had windows in his sub...and was often caught looking up Marina's chuff whilst she swam infront.......so there

and the sub in "voyage to the bottom of the sea" had panoramic windows in as well....:big_boss:

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

captain scarlett had windows in his sub...and was often caught looking up Marina's chuff whilst she swam infront.......so there

and the sub in "voyage to the bottom of the sea" had panoramic windows in as well....:big_boss:

SEAVIEW👍 Richard Baseheart

On 25/06/2024 at 12:08, chrisjpainter said:

In my defence, the bike's been cleaned, I've tied the fishing rigs I need for my next trip and I'm up to date with my bird counting surveys. Having hobbies isn't a problem. Avoiding doing the windows is  

After seeing my first efforts many years ago, SWMBO has agreed that cleaning windows is not on my DIY list. They are on my GSI list (Get Someone In). 👍