Recommend me some camp sites

BobbyH

Hey all!

Im a keen motorcyclist and a keen camper, and I combine the 2 and overnight camp with the bike, wont do the same place twice. 

Can anyone recommend any camp sites or any locations to visit? Not really bothered about the big places like London, Milton Keynes and all that….but more like the little hidden gems and small places like Howtown in the lakes, or PontyPridd in S.Wales for example. 
Location…Anywhere in UK really, but ideally south of the Lakes, Pennines, Middlesbrough.

Anywhere worth visiting?

8 minutes ago, Dougy said:

We have stopped at Hayfield a few times, this is High Peak SK22 area quiet, nice pub meals at the top of the hill The Sportsman, nice pubs in the village also. 

Kinder scout on the doorstep of the camp site to walk around & connecting walks all over the peaks from there 👍 sportsman is a good pub 

Just now, Stephen-H said:

Kinder scout on the doorstep of the camp site to walk around & connecting walks all over the peaks from there 👍 sportsman is a good pub 

A short walk up the hill, ive not been up kinder for years now, knees wont take the decent lol. I just checked it was still open before i posted, still open and very good reviews, the odd winger saying the pork cracking was too hard etc😃

2 minutes ago, BobbyH said:

Hayfield is only 1hr 30 mins from me, I’ll take a look in the next few weekends!

I’ll check the pub out, I’ll Google to see if it is a b and b or a camp site near by!

Thanks all!!

If you get to the Sportsmans look down the valley and there is the camp site. 

http://www.thesportsmaninn.co.uk/

2 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Not really .as its the main carpark and route up to England's tallest mountain very close to the campsite .

I beg to differ:whistling:  A few years ago I was working at the large establishment on the coast and stayed at the Wasdale Head hotel Mon. whilst Fri. and drove the Wasdale road twice a day at 0800 and 1800 and believe me it was quiet even in summer.

Morston on the north Norfolk coast. Campsite https://www.scaldbeckcottagecampsite.co.uk/ only allows 12 people on site at any one time, basic but very peaceful.

There's a small harbour and a pub nearby and plenty to do and see along that stretch of coast.

Gets very cold at night though, as the wind comes straight in off the north sea.

52 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Morston on the north Norfolk coast. Campsite https://www.scaldbeckcottagecampsite.co.uk/ only allows 12 people on site at any one time, basic but very peaceful.

There's a small harbour and a pub nearby and plenty to do and see along that stretch of coast.

Gets very cold at night though, as the wind comes straight in off the north sea.

Amazing! I’ll be sure to check it out.