Recommend me a television 📺 maximum 40" please.

harrycatcat1

My old 37" LG is past its day I think. The quality of the picture is poor and sometimes it "pixilates" as I call it. Well I've calculated its about 15 years old so probably needs updating. The pictures below look better than the telly itself. The telly lives in an alcove so can't really be bigger than 40".

I saw a Toshiba the other day but it was made in Turkey by another firm and labelled as Toshiba.

What would you recommend 🤔 

Screenshot_20240705_172851_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240705_172913_Gallery.jpg

Get yourself down to Currys to select one,,,, make sure of your measurements, 40" wide TV or 40" screen ? [measured diagonal], then shop around on t'internet for the best price with warranties for your choice 😉 Or,,,, pop into John Lewis and do the same. 😆

Because,,,, all you'll get here is [possibly] numerous makes of TV that people have and you'll get all confooosed 😆

I'll start,,,, Samsung 👍🤓

Edited by JKD

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, John Lewis i am told do a good Warranty, I keep looking at a new smart TV, The one i bought in Tesco packed up on first switch on

They do more deals and good warranties than people think they do,,,, I've picked up many bargains from JL 😃

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Samsung .............and get yourself a decent sound bar with woofer

Agree with the above 👍

42 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Curry's are as good as anywhere , they will match any other price and I have always had decent service , The one in our lounge is a LG and is 38 inches , lovely picture and you can get all the various channels , worth thinking about.

SAM-0461.jpg

I personally wouldn't refuse a new LG but wife is pecking at my head for another Samsung like we have in the living room and I have to admit it's  not a bad picture. I will look at John Lewis as the five year warranty is appealing. 

Thanks for everyone's replies 👍👍

41 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

that's what i've got👍

mines 75" though coupled to a Sonos Arc and Sub Woofer. 

mines a 78".....with a mega sound bar and big woofer.....the sound bar cost the same as a 40" TV......worth it tho.....TV has built in Free-sat dont need set top boxes etc..

49 minutes ago, ditchman said:

mines a 78".....with a mega sound bar and big woofer.....the sound bar cost the same as a 40" TV......worth it tho.....TV has built in Free-sat dont need set top boxes etc..

If you don’t mind me asking what model do you have. 
I need a freesat TV as I have no terrestrial reception where I am 

If you TV is pixelating, consider getting a new aerial system. We bought a new 55 inch LG and set it all up and we had a less than new picture with pixelation and crck sounds like someone throwing stones at the window.   We had a roof aerial running through a freeview box. After checking the signal strength.  I  looked up at the aerial and noticed that  the bar had become separated.   I  either had to get an aerial contractor out or do it myself.  After pricing up the options I bought a freesat box and installed a dish down low on the house where I could work on it at ground level. Problem solved.   The new TV looked like a new TV. The pixelation was no more and the cracking noise was gone.

21 minutes ago, ph5172 said:

Go freesat.  Put the dish down low where you can get at it and the birds dont use the aerial as a launch springboard and the aerial isn't twanging about in the wind .  It's easy to fit up and align the dish.

Edited by Minky

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

i will try and find the recipt...i bought it online from curries doing a face to face video call

Richer Sounds tv’s have a 6 year warranty and decent customer service. My Samsung 49” developed a picture fault (a barely noticeable 2” dark area in corner of screen) with 1 month remaining on the warranty and they honoured it. I thought I would get a brand new tv out of it 😁 …but they repaired mine. Silly me.

To add, after some of the comments above,,,,,, definitely check the full spec !

I was choosing a potential new TV recently and the one that fitted my choice [almost] perfectly didn't have built-in Freeview, just apps and Internet stuff. I want built-in Freeview just in case my Freeview box fails or I want to watch something but recordings stop me doing so 🙃