2024 summer of sport.......

JKD

As an all round sports fan, as in I don't follow any particular teams/person etc, what a superb summer of sports we are having !?

Today is the Formula I British Grand Prix, with 3 British drivers leading out the pack πŸ˜ƒ

Obviously the football Euros is ongoing, with England "finding a way" to get to the semi finals,,,, hoorah 😁🀣

The Tour de France has 2 more weeks of racing, with Cavendish 'going out in style' !!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

This leads into, and crosses paths with, the Paris Olympics πŸ˜ƒ I personally absolutely love the Olympics ,,,, athletes and sports people at the top of their game πŸ˜€

So I for one will be glued to the TV and recording things while I'm at work !

Anyone else enjoying this sporty [wetπŸ™„] summer ?

And of course [ooops] we're in the middle of the Wimbledon tennis 🎾 πŸ˜†

Totally spoilt for choice,,,, well, some of us are πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ€£

If anything there is far to much tennis being televised , cricket , no thanks , football , look forward to the three lions playing but that's more or less it , these nice nights on slowly on the way out so make the most of them and to me they take priority over the t v sport coverage .Β  Β MM

On 07/07/2024 at 14:07, JKD said:

As an all round sports fan, as in I don't follow any particular teams/person etc, what a superb summer of sports we are having !?

Today is the Formula I British Grand Prix, with 3 British drivers leading out the pack πŸ˜ƒ

Obviously the football Euros is ongoing, with England "finding a way" to get to the semi finals,,,, hoorah 😁🀣

The Tour de France has 2 more weeks of racing, with Cavendish 'going out in style' !!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

This leads into, and crosses paths with, the Paris Olympics πŸ˜ƒ I personally absolutely love the Olympics ,,,, athletes and sports people at the top of their game πŸ˜€

So I for one will be glued to the TV and recording things while I'm at work !

Anyone else enjoying this sporty [wetπŸ™„] summer ?

Other than Le Tour, I shan't be watching any of it.

29 minutes ago, JKD said:

What a sad bunch you lot are ! πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ€£

I bet if you went round there house and looked through the curtains they will be watching some sport , unless there better half make them watch the soaps , our next door neighbors many years ago used to leave there curtains open so we could watch there tele on there little 14 inch screen , when we finally got one we thought all of the snooker were the same colour , except the White one , we also had to switch it on ten minutes before the game started to allow for it to warm upΒ :lol:Β 

5 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I bet if you went round there house and looked through the curtains they will be watching some sport , unless there better half make them watch the soaps , our next door neighbors many years ago used to leave there curtains open so we could watch there tele on there little 14 inch screen , when we finally got one we thought all of the snooker were the same colour , except the White one , we also had to switch it on ten minutes before the game started to allow for it to warm upΒ :lol:Β 

I doubt it very much,,,, they're probably too engrossed in world politics and illegal immigrants !!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Oh, and looking up the true meaning of one-upmanship, better known as "willy waving" ! πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜†πŸ€£

1 hour ago, JKD said:

What a sad bunch you lot are ! πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ€£

Not at all, I cancelled my TV licence recently and got the money back.

Nearly nothing worth my time.

I have the radio on, currently Planet Rock and of course the computer and a lot of books.

But as for the bilge that you consider worthy of your time we will have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not at all, I cancelled my TV licence recently and got the money back.

Nearly nothing worth my time.

I have the radio on, currently Planet Rock and of course the computer and a lot of books.

But as for the bilge that you consider worthy of your time we will have to agree to disagree.

Hahaha,,,, it's certainly NOT bilge πŸ™„ But I'll agree with listening to Planet Rock,,,, have it on from getting up in the morning to falling asleep at night πŸ‘πŸ˜

1 hour ago, JKD said:

I doubt it very much,,,, they're probably too engrossed in world politics and illegal immigrants !!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Oh, and looking up the true meaning of one-upmanship, better known as "willy waving" ! πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜†πŸ€£

I wouldn't know about that sort of thing , I have had quite a sheltered life while living in the sticksΒ :lol: , mind you , I don't think I have dipped out of much in the world around usΒ :good:

@ditchmanΒ It appears that not many on here actually like sport !? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ™„πŸ€£

To add to the list of sports this summer.....

Test cricket,,,,, Women's international football, Euros 2025 qualifying 😁

i always go like this at this time of the year..........its Wimbeldon

I CANT BEAR TENNIS,,,IT IS UTTERLY UTTERLY MIND NUMBINGLY BORING and that goes for the holier than tho up yer anus commentators

theonly thing good to come out of wimbeldon were the bleedin wombles

or a trip down gobblers gulch

20 hours ago, JKD said:

@ditchmanΒ It appears that not many on here actually like sport !? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ™„πŸ€£

Some (most) people need to learn the difference between sport and games.

None of those you mention are sports.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

LOL !!! πŸ™„πŸ€£

22 hours ago, JKD said:

Its not so much the games themselves, although there is a mite too much, but the interminable dissecting by the so called pundits, usually covering 3 times the air time of the game.Β Β 

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Finally.

Only 5 sports I believe, everying else is a game.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Its not so much the games themselves, although there is a mite too much, but the interminable dissecting by the so called pundits, usually covering 3 times the air time of the game.Β Β 

Thank god, American Rugby is not a big thing over here, that goes on all day!

Just now, Yellow Bear said:

The thing is,,,,, you, or anyone else, don't have to watch any of it πŸ˜† I don't watch ALL sport on TV, and can do my own punditry, thanks 🀣

It was funny last night,,,, it was VERY quiet on here,,,, when the football was on, but quite a few members openly don't like football,,,, odd that !? πŸ™ƒπŸ€£

22 hours ago, JKD said:

I only have an interest in the sports that I take part in or have taken part in.

Β 

I don't live vicariously.

Just now, JKD said:

The thing is,,,,, you, or anyone else, don't have to watch any of it πŸ˜† I don't watch ALL sport on TV, and can do my own punditry, thanks 🀣

It was funny last night,,,, it was VERY quiet on here,,,, when the football was on, but quite a few members openly don't like football,,,, odd that !? πŸ™ƒπŸ€£

Got back from fishing, Tour de FRance on 'til in ended, then catching up on the Trump assinantion attempt for the rest of the night, as I'd been off grid from Friday evening.. Heard about the football on the news this morning.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Soccer is getting close

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

2 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I only have an interest in the sports that I take part in or have taken part in.

Β 

I don't live vicariously.

So do I, on both counts πŸ€” Doesn't stop me liking and watching other sports, if they are good. If they're not, the off button or channel change button is quite handy πŸ˜†