Nigel's Maiden speech in Parliament

johnphilip

11 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

My point was, while we were in the EU we couldn't leave the ECHR, now we're out of the EU we can. 

As for someone keeping an eye on government, I'd rather it was the people, which is what happens via the ballot box, rather than a bunch of unelected nobody's, with allegiance to countries other than the UK. 

The judges are elected by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe from lists of three candidates proposed by each State. They are elected for a non-renewable term of nine years.

Although judges are elected in respect of a State, they hear cases as individuals and do not represent that State. They are totally independent and cannot engage in any activity that would be incompatible with their duty of independence and impartiality.

I would rather someone like this than say Suella Braverman, Priti Patel.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We created the ECHR in the first place. The UK govt could of course leave. Leaving would not be taking back control it would be you and me and everyone else giving control of our rights to to whichever govt is in power. There is no way I want my rights in the hands of a govt, there are some right looney tunes out there.

You mean like we did with the EU ?
And looney tunes ? I still have images of Junker staggering around drunk, and Verhofstadt doing his hitler 'power' speech !

Good times 😆

On 25/07/2024 at 06:53, Raja Clavata said:

I wonder if Farage has been asked to clarify, ECHR or not, where exactly do we deport the  illegal  irregular immigrants to?

Corrected that for you, as I see Labour now reffer to them as 'irregular' rather than illegal.

On 25/07/2024 at 09:08, B686 said:

What plan . A plan to stop all these so called asylum seekers.

How give them **** all other than a ride back France 

why , because we have enough of our own problems and should look after our own first. 
All in an ideal world of course.

Agree, there is no problem returning them from whence they came - FRANCE.

On 25/07/2024 at 09:08, B686 said:

What plan . A plan to stop all these so called asylum seekers.

How give them **** all other than a ride back France 

why , because we have enough of our own problems and should look after our own first. 
All in an ideal world of course.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/we-need-to-look-after-our-own-first-say-people-who-would-never-help-anyone-20150907101741