dad deployed in afghanistan yesterday

flash

dad was deployed yesterday. and isnt due back till 24th december. just hope he makes it back for christmas.

hes been out before, to kosovo, afghan( previous time), and iraq to name a few. but this time it just seems different. im much more nervous and worried then normally. i think its the feer of loosing both parents in the same year. could be due to all the hype built up by the press about afghanistan. god knows. all i know is that im ******** my self with worry.

cheers

flash

dad was deployed yesterday. and isnt due back till 24th december. just hope he makes it back for christmas.

hes been out before, to kosovo, afghan( previous time), and iraq to name a few. but this time it just seems different. im much more nervous and worried then normally. i think its the feer of loosing both parents in the same year. could be due to all the hype built up by the press about afghanistan. god knows. all i know is that im ******** my self with worry.

cheers

flash

Your worry is understandable mate, but he'll be fine and back for crimbo, you'll be laughing about it over a beer soon enough :good:

Guest The Outlaw

Your anxiety is understandable mate, I'm sure everyone on here wishes your Dad well and all the other lads and lass's

that have put their country before themselves.

Good brave people are our forces.

Tony

Flash

We all understand your fears and its thanks to brave lads like your dad and my son to name but two we get to sleep safe at night, I don’t know about voting for a PW poster of the year (another thread) I can tell you all our forces lads knock spots off any idle forum member because we shoot for sport and when they shoot its for completely differing reasons, Dad will come home safe, and he needs to know you care for, and think about him cause he will for sure be thinking a lot about you whilst he is away :-) you are never to old to tell dad you love him

Guest The Outlaw
Flash

We all understand your fears and its thanks to brave lads like your dad and my son to name but two we get to sleep safe at night, I don’t know about voting for a PW poster of the year (another thread) I can tell you all our forces lads knock spots off any idle forum member because we shoot for sport and when they shoot its for completely differing reasons, Dad will come home safe, and he needs to know you care for, and think about him cause he is gonna be thinking a lot about you whilst he is away :-)

Well said mate

Tony

Hi Flash

Hey it wont be long before he is back with you mate.

Just 4 weeks and counting, im sure he will look after himself and be back with you soon.

You better start planning what you are going to get him for Xmas...it will be here before you know it.

When hes back get him to say Hello on PW, we can all welcome him home then.

All the Best

Ian

hey matey. hang on in there,keep your pecker up. were all behind you on this one,,when you see dad on the 24th, give him a hug ..........a kiss.............and tell him you love him..oh and dont forget his christmas present. :good:

He'll have the best christmas present when he comes back, a loving son wating for him at home with a celebratory beer! :good:

The reality is your father is in harms way and doing a job that his whole country should be proud of him for doing. Currently there are 6500ish troops out there if the losses stay the same then we can expect 20 or so of the 6500 to pay the ultimate sacrafice for their country. that works out as one in 325. If you enterd a raffel with 325 other entrants you think your chances of winning would be slim. You might think this is a Macabre way of looking at it But I prefer a pragmatic approach. Dependant on what your dad does some soldiers deployed in Afghan are at a lower risk than others.

Lets hope all the worey is for nothing.

Dave

I think a cold beer will go down really well with him. A really good mate of mine has been to similar places with the army and I got him a good pair of socks for his birthday last year. He really appreciated them.

Try not to worry about your dad though, he's with the best trained mob in the world and they'll look after him for you.

No point telling you not to worry because you wouldn't be human if you didn't.

i am not a religous man but all the serving forces abroad are in my thoughts keeping us all safe and standing tall when it matters, i for one am always grateful we have the finest armed forces in the world to look after us. We are all proud of them and their families that support them. Fingers crossed your worries will be in vain and you can look forward to a festive re union.

Best wishes

GSAW

cheers

flash

dont worry to much.

my son been falklands and two tours in helmand province afganistan with the RAF.

he'll be fine remember were the best. :whistling: