amir khan

SPARKIE

if you look at khans past 3 fights when he starts to lose the low punches and elbows come into play, hes good but he is only being put into these fights to keep the money coming in, if he was put into a real fight at the moment im sure he would get splattered! he is starting to get really cocky this will definatly be his downfall. frank warren isnt going to put him into a proper fight when he is making so much cash out of him, look what happened to naseem he started boxing out of his class and his career went tits up!

You're always going to get this predicimant with the rising stars, it happened with Naseem Hamed, and with Ricky Hatton. The media attention they receive and the way they are lauded by every man and his dog is totally out of proportion with the actual stage in their career.

I remember going to watch Hatton regularly tonk people I'd never heard of, and people said the same.. "He's not fighting anyone good" but early in the career no one does.

If we'd never have heard of Kahn, he'd be still on the same route, going along with his career learning the ropes in the same fasion, just without all the hype.

But, as we all know, hype pays.

Khan is just 21 years of age, and getting experience all the time.

What do you want his manager to do - put him in with a top notcher and destroy his confidence?

Boxers are probably at their best at age 25 onwards, and this comes with physical maturity, honing of ring craft etc.etc.

I well remember watching Cassius Clay (as was), and thinking what an arrogant *** he was at a young age. Too much pressure from his management team probably contributed to his facing too many good sluggers at an early age, and then on to his health problems.

Give the lad a break - he's an excellent recommendation for the sport and helping to beak down race barriers in this country - he proudly claims that he's a Brit.

Hands up the person out there that didn't make a mistake at an early age in his private life.

Don

i'd like to see him go against joe calzaghe

he wouldn't have a chance :good: too cocky in my opinion

Bit harsh on Khan, I think.

Khan is a 21 year old lightweight (sub 135lb) and Joe fights five weights higher at super-middle (sub 168lb). Joe had also fought 22 pro fights before he won a world title, at the age of 25.

Joe is a fantastic champion, but he didn't start as an already finished article, he had to learn his trade and that takes time and rounds under the belt. Khan's now had 15 pro fights in 2 years & five months (875 days), Joe was a bit quicker to his 15th fight - he only took 865 days.

i'd like to see him go against joe calzaghe

he wouldn't have a chance :good: too cocky in my opinion

Bit harsh on Khan, I think.

Khan is a 21 year old lightweight (sub 135lb) and Joe fights five weights higher at super-middle (sub 168lb). Joe had also fought 22 pro fights before he won a world title, at the age of 25.

Joe is a fantastic champion, but he didn't start as an already finished article, he had to learn his trade and that takes time and rounds under the belt. Khan's now had 15 pro fights in 2 years & five months (875 days), Joe was a bit quicker to his 15th fight - he only took 865 days.

Spot on Matt, I have allways been impressed with Khan,s flying the Union Flag, and I must admit thats great for me, I will support any non christian who lives here who wants to be British, Good Luck to him, :big_boss:<_<

I have always enjoyed watching Khan, he is young and has much to learn but by christ can he box. He is powerful and accurate and very fast, unfortunately so is his mouth, which I don't like. There is always a part of me that thinks he needs a good going over to give him perspective and this fight didn't help the cause.

What really annoyed me was the fact that I was looking forward to the fight and a few beers shouting him on! Well he certainly put pay to that, in spectacular fashion. I think think he was lucky to knock him down when he did, this seem to unhinge Earl and his hopes for a good fight. Khan certainly delivered good though. It may not have been a good fight for the viewer but you can't blame Khan for doing what he did. If I was in the ring, i'd wanna be out of it as quickly as possible!