My Regards from across the Pond

Bloody Yank

Hello all,

As my screenname suggests I am from South Carolina USA and have enjoyed reading up on the shooting on your great forum.

I have been lucky enough to attend some partridge and pheasant shoots around Nantwich in Cheshire but the most fun I have had with a shotgun in my hand has been Pigeon shooting! Anyway thought I would stop lurking and introduce myself,here is a pic of me and my father on a waterfoul trip to Mississippi this year.

Donnie

IMG_0084.jpg

Hello all,

As my screenname suggests I am from South Carolina USA and have enjoyed reading up on the shooting on your great forum.

I have been lucky enough to attend some partridge and pheasant shoots around Nantwich in Cheshire but the most fun I have had with a shotgun in my hand has been Pigeon shooting! Anyway thought I would stop lurking and introduce myself,here is a pic of me and my father on a waterfoul trip to Mississippi this year.

Donnie

IMG_0084.jpg

Hi there Donnie + Dad :lol::good:

Welcome and Happy New Year :lol:

Are the ducks part of the cammo outfit ?? :cry1: Kind of a mobile decoy unit ?? :lol:

Hello all,

Donnie

IMG_0084.jpg

A YANK? In South Carolina? :good: I thought we ran your kind out, 147 years ago this very month?

Welcome aboard, mate! :lol:

Jim

come on board Donnie,

you may get stuck on a few phrases from time to time, you catch my drift,

you guys say pants we say trousers :birthday:

we also say pants if something is not very good news, as in we shot no birds today "it was pants" this is not going to make much sense to you I would guess, if something is really really pants we say it was a "Mungler" this is just about the most horrid thing you can imagine, therefore I would suggest you stay well clear of Munglers Pants! :birthday::yay::yay:

come on board Donnie,

you may get stuck on a few phrases from time to time, you catch my drift,

you guys say pants we say trousers :birthday:

we also say pants if something is not very good news, as in we shot no birds today "it was pants" this is not going to make much sense to you I would guess, if something is really really pants we say it was a "Mungler" this is just about the most horrid thing you can imagine, therefore I would suggest you stay well clear of Munglers Pants! :birthday::yay::yay:

Yes, and it took me a while to realize that being "chuffed" is a good thing.

I'm still not sure what a "chav" is, but I know it's NOT a good thing.

Jim

Well hello there Suzy Sweepy very nice to meet you!

I am a Jonny Reb,Heck I live less than half a mile from Ft Sumter!

I definatly have a sense of humor and have been tripped up by the language differences before, its the little things isn't it. For instance, can anyone tell me what the South Carolina state dance is?

See what I mean?:oops:

Donnie