What location

pavman

About the end of the Game/fowling season my thoughts turn to booking my summer hols,

I must admit to being a tad unsure this year of where to go, its my turn to book so if any of you have a done the research, perhaps got a good deal or great place off the beaten track please let us know so we could info share

cheers pavman :angry:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the end of the Game/fowling season my thoughts turn to booking my summer hols,

I must admit to being a tad unsure this year of where to go, its my turn to book so if any of you have a done the research, perhaps got a good deal or great place off the beaten track please let us know so we could info share

cheers pavman :angry:

Abroad or UK?

I personally don't spend any holiday time in the UK

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

I always spend the summer holidays in the UK, can't see point in going abroad as generally (last year excepted) you can't beat a good british summer, camping etc.

Tend to go on our hols when the weather in UK is rubbish i.e Feb/Mar time, Mrs says it gives her something to look forward to after Xmas.

Anyway we're off to India at the end of this month, 5 day tour to Northern India (Golden Triangle) to see Taj Mahal etc then flying to Goa for an 8 day chill on the beach, sweet.

Can highly recommend New Zealand or Borneo.

Did a safari to Kenya which was one of my favourite holidays ever.

Edited by Dr W

2 weeks in Orlando with my best mate in September - £535 each room only, but including hire car and free shuttle runs to any attraction within 25 miles!

cant wait!

And another,me and the family 2 weeks in july.Spend some time shopping at basspro and a few hours pistol shooting,oh and the theme parks.

Edited by mr smith

i generallly holiday in the uk you can beat the countryside

and we always take the dog becacause she's part of the family

so its

April Scotland walking

April Devon shooting/walking

June Dorset camping/walking

August Glostershire walking

October Cornwall walking

needless to say we like a bit of walking

and thank god for PAYE and 38 days holiday a year

lol, pin.

i would recomend egypt, particularly sharm el sheik, beautiful place. and deffo go for all inclusive. can sit for endless hours at the pool bar, and not remember it in the morning, great :angry:

right on the red sea, so beautiful diving and sunbathing to be had. also we went quad biking in the desert for 3 or so hours, great fun and well worth the money.

cheers

flash

lol, pin.

i would recomend egypt, particularly sharm el sheik, beautiful place. and deffo go for all inclusive. can sit for endless hours at the pool bar, and not remember it in the morning, great :angry:

right on the red sea, so beautiful diving and sunbathing to be had. also we went quad biking in the desert for 3 or so hours, great fun and well worth the money.

cheers

flash

Off to Naama bay in May but not all incusive. Why do you recommend all inclusive? Is it just purely for the drink part to go all inclusive?

Jonno

plus its all the food etc. means you dont need to carry the cash etc around with you, for example dont have to worry about ur wallet getting nicked when sunbathing etc. just found it alot easier, and feels so good ordering booze over the bar and not handing them ur hard earned cash(although technically speaking theyve already got it), lol.

Red Sea for me too. try Dahab just north of Sharm. Dived the Blue Hole and stayed at the Hilton. Fished a lure off the beach catching Barracuda.Or take a boat off the beach to troll for reef fish. get them cooked at the Penguin cafe on the Beach.

images-1.jpg

One week was £400. Laid back resort. Guaranteed good weather.

Edited by vole21

Red Sea for me too. try Dahab just north of Sharm. Dived the Blue Hole and stayed at the Hilton. Fished a lure off the beach catching Barracuda.Or take a boat off the beach to troll for reef fish. get them cooked at the Penguin cafe on the Beach.

images-1.jpg

One week was ?400. Laid back resort. Guaranteed good weather.

Quite fancy a spot of diving in the red sea, what's the blue hole?

Supposed to be going to Cairo for a long weekend to see pyramids and was going to avoid going to the red sea bit but now think might go to red sea and do a day trip to Pyramids.

Anyone know if September is good month to go?