LIVER

lurcherboy

The Rottie made a Liver casserole tonight as a way of introducing me to offal but it didn't work.

When I got home I could smell it as soon as I walked through the front door, I was adamant that I wouldn't give up so easy so I sat done with the family to a meal, big mistake :lol:

:lol: On the first taste and then memories of the dinner ladies forcing me to eat sprouts :good:

I love liver pate to the point of eating it without any bread etc, liver sausage ;) So *** can't I eat liver :lol:

LB

Joking aside, if you want to do it so much, have you tried hypnotherapy? After all, it can only be a psychosomatic disorder, so should respond quite well to that kind of therapy. :good:

Chas,

I will Hypnotise you and allow Brian to perform sexual experiments on you ;), or you could just come round my house for a meal. That way you either have liver, or eat my wife's food. Obviously you will want the liver.

Edited by ShaggyRS6

When we stayed at our friends house in Scotland we were treated to a stalkers breakfast every morning, including any liver we brought back from the day before.

IF it cooked properly I don't mind it, but so red it was almost pulsing on the plate and after a night of booze it's the last thing you want to see :lol:

I took some home and mrs stuartp cooked them with onion gravy and it was very nice, far better than any other I have tried before.

Deer liver is great I think, very smooth. I like lamb and pigs liver too but we always roll it in sage and onion stuffing first then fry on a highish heat...........makes it for me!

Kidneys? Lambs kidneys very strong, (as the liver), pigs much milder...again I like the taste but I ain't too fond of the smell.

Edited by ziplex

Slice it, soak it in milk or salty water overnight to get the bitterness out.

Slice thinly to about 8mm and roll in seasoned flour.

Fry until light brown and then wrap a rasher of bacon around it and fry again.

Eat.

Tell your missus to buy calves liver and not pigs liver or use your own deer liver.

Fresh deer liver off a young deer is best.

• 8 months later...