eletric fences

radio1ham

No, but whenever we walk the dog at my mum and dads, my wife is terrified of them. I can hear when they are on and love playing the game where you touch it and then shake about screaming like you are getting a shock. Sadly she is wise to this and I fear that were I ever to be in a life threating electric shock situation with her, my number is up!

Yes, I've walked into plenty of fences. The funniest fence-related monment was watching my in-laws much-prized and very fat cat get entangled in a fence installed around the chicken hut. The cat escaped uninjured after a lot of tsquealing and thrashing about, and now refuses to go anywhere near the fence. Naturally my towny in-laws took the cat straight to the vet, who just laughed at their claims that the cat was traumatised and acutely injured.

Even my labrador, which is as thick as a whale omelette, knows not to go near an electric fence.

Ooooh! It brings back painful memories. As a lad walking in the field on day. Grabbed a stick with a fork in it. Pushed the fence down and stepped over it. Half way over, one leg on either side and SNAP!!.... The fork broke! I have never felt so much pain, I thought my scroat was on fire! :good:

I got stuck in one once, not nice. The annoying thing is they don't really hurt that much, but you can't hold muscle control when being shocked so getting untangled isn't easy. Every time you think you're getting it sorted, you get another belt and it puts you right back where you started. My mate just watched and laughed!

Edited by njc110381