What to do

Hey guys. I'm having some trouble getting shot of a damaged HMR round I have. I know it's not really a big issue but I'm a bit stuck. With a .22lr you just push the bullet off with your thumb and empty/oil the contents, but this HMR head just will not move! I've even pulled on it quite hard with pliers and it's stuck. I don't know how rough I can be with a rimfire case before it gets a bit dodgy? Obviously a kinetic hammer is out, as the rim is probably too small and I wouldn't want to grip it and then give it a whack anyway.

How do you do yours? :w00t:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The case is badly bent from a mis feed, it wont chamber in the gun. If all else fails I'll drop it in a bit of copper solvent and leave it to dissolve. I don't want to just chuck it. The chances are it would never be found but if it was picked up by a kid or something it could be nasty :w00t:

Wipe your prints off it, then hand it to someone you don't like and ask him to have a look at it. Be careful not to put your dabs on it when he passes it back to you. Later pop it in an evelope and write the prime minister's name on it (the round) and post it to 10 Downing Street (see if you can get a strand of his hair under the stamp for good measure [for example])

Job done, 2 birds with one stone :w00t:

Edited by Mungler

Mungler that is not even funny :w00t:

I have tried to get the head off a .17 round, it was very hard to remove. I stuck the head in a vice and levered the case back, very carefully :w00t: You can forget a Kinetic hammer, they just will not move.

If you have a few to dispose of I would drop them into an RFD mate,

Wipe your prints off it, then hand it to someone you don't like and ask him to have a look at it. Be careful not to put your dabs on it when he passes it back to you. Later pop it in an evelope and write the prime minister's name on it (the round) and post it to 10 Downing Street (see if you can get a strand of his hair under the stamp for good measure [for example])

Job done, 2 birds with one stone :good:

:blink: :lol::good: Brilliant!

You gonna be posting in a months time saying I've just had a letter saying I've lost my certificates because someone saw this post on the internet?

FM :blink:

To show a farmer how tiny and light the pill is I gripped the upper case in a vice and hacksaw'd it nearly all the way through. Then peeled it open like you would open a tin of pilchards.

I had to have a second attempt because I crushed it the first time. The projectile had a hollow part behind the polymer tip that easily deformed. The excercise worked out well for me because he would not tolerate .22 rimfire on his land due its close proximity to a busy A road - he'd not heard of 17HMR. After showing him it was a similar weight to an air rifle pellet and saying it shot more like a baby centrefire he allowed me to use it.

It's in the post Mung. When you get it could you have a play with it and send it on in the addressed envelope supplied. :blink:

Job done, 2 birds with one stone :blink:

Definately not a sensible comment :good: A good way to lose your licence though!

Job done, 2 birds with one stone :blink:

Definately not a sensible comment :good: A good way to lose your licence though!

Trafficwardentastic :lol: