Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

Got myself off to Kingsly Moor SG today,Nice ground, but with a bit of history re, trap breakdowns/no birds, etc, Excellent shoot except for the faults mentioned above,...Towards my finishing time ..(nearly 1 hour extra! of my usual time,) my mate and myself got in a que on a stand into the Midday Sun..A simo stand, a going away teal, and a simo teal incomer, dropping about 40 yards away.Hhhm, a worthy stand for the unwary,!!... however, a shooter in front of us, A older shooter, with all kinds of logos all over his skeet vest, (Nothing of any note here you understand) IE, some garage, some engineering co, some local pub. etc was in the cage having a go!!........Hhhm, all he did was was winge, He had a pair which went... Kill, no bird!! (pair again!!)... result.... Bird lost, kill.!!Pwew, at this the shooter blew his top!!.. PAIR DEAD!!he exclaimed with a voice power aproaching the Rhicter scale!!The young Ref blanched and said... YES, pair dead..YES RIGHT, bellowed the shooter!!ERR!! no said I , a simo pair, nothing established,on the first pair, the ref is correct,Loss/kill!!For a moment I thought I was going to be in a punch up,... He looked at me and some of the waiting shooters backing me up, bird lost, kill...The shooter who looked like he had lost a tenner and found 5 pence, suddenly exclaimed!! I dont care!! I am only shooting birds only!!Hhm, ... Postscript, I staightenend it!! and finished on a 76..X100. :good::yes:

Edited by JK8

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mung, awesome. :good:

63/70 at Hawley's today. Was winning class B when I left, hope it sticks.

However, yesterday at A1 was a real humbling experience. They've changed all the stands and the new layout is very very hard indeed. Very easy to mis-read many of the birds, which I did..... not even hitting some of them. 53/100. The 'big' shoots were far easier.

Put in a respectable 72/80 at Copfurn and then went upto JJs where I bummed out on the first stand and the mental elastic band flew off.

Broken Man and Tosspot shot like a pair of steady Eddy pros at JJs - the only birds they missed were due to the awful trapping.... <pull!>..... nothing <pu....>.... then 3 birds fly out. I think they both got a feature in their respective classes. Mrs. Broken Man coming along nicely - give her 6 months and she will be beating her nemisis at JJs :good:

Edited by Mungler

Nice to see Mr Pot at Copfurn. :good:

We were walking away from a stand and Tosspot heard two strangers say "see that crowd there ? they have got a pink hat with I am Gay written on it" !!!! :yes:

I shot like a total **** today. I could have quite easily done "a Bagsy" and double barrelled everything in frustration, but instead chose to keep it inside my head and just get worse and worse as the round went on. :yes: Just glad Evil Elvis wasnt there to see it ! :o

Shot the Yorkshire Championships today at Coniston SG. To say it was testing would be an understatement, but very enjoyable nonetheless :good: Scraped a 72, which I was slightly disappointed with although it turned out to be enough to win my class :rolleyes: And judging by the scores of the AAA/AA shooters (most being high 70's to low 80's) I am fairly pleased with it. :yes:

Shot the DSG 2 day mini International at Northall last wensday/friday. Only went to compete in the trap comp. End of day one I was leading the ABT comp by 2 targets. Finished the ABT by lunchtime, so was asked If I would like to compete in the sporting just for fun. I never shoot sporting, and only had my fixed choke trap gun, but at the end of day one I was tying for 1st! :rolleyes:

Day 2 went ok again, ended up winning the ABT by 4 targets(I think...could be worng!), came third in the sporting, and won the combined Gold medal! I was over the moon! :good:

Edited by SidneyG

:rolleyes:

Extra **** shooting today. Recent gain in form has properly disappeared this week. 49/70 Shrove Hill

Ive never done any good at that place...the mighty Mung however slaughtered it first time he was there!!!

Peter you should let us know when you are going...we can shoot **** together!!!!

Shot the DSG 2 day mini International at Northall last wensday/friday. Only went to compete in the trap comp. End of day one I was leading the ABT comp by 2 targets. Finished the ABT by lunchtime, so was asked If I would like to compete in the sporting just for fun. I never shoot sporting, and only had my fixed choke trap gun, but at the end of day one I was tying for 1st! :rolleyes:

Day 2 went ok again, ended up winning the ABT by 4 targets, came third in the sporting, and won the combined Gold medal! I was over the moon! :lol:

Good darts Sidney :yes:

I was 2 off high gun and scraped a 3rd at JJ's and won a free round for next Sunday. Young Bagsy slaughtered B class and has won himself 200 carts and I reckon a fast track ticket to A class for being such a cheeky bandit boy

Broken Man shot smooth as ever but with fast going aways, shooting out the shoulder makes it all rather Uber difficult.

Copfurn next week followed by JJs if (i) there is the time (ii) there is the pass available :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Scores on the doors from JJs this morning.....1st round.

Mungler 73 ex 84

Tosspot 73

Bagsy 70

Broken Man 65

Mrs Broken Man 55 (almost catching the hubby!)

Shame LV couldn't make it, he was kicking butt last week :good:

I came away as they headed out for a second round (Tosspot taking his .410 out to play :good: ).

On my second round I was heading for a nice little earner cartridge wise. I got the 2 nasty stands out the way with 12/12 (stand 1) and 10/12 (stand 5) and the rest were 11/12 and 12/12's.

Got to stand 2 (got 12/12 on first round) and shot an 8/12. The reason - a fly flew into my eye.

An average score for me but very pleased to add a new excuse to the bag :yes: