Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

hahah, Mung shot with his "I mean it today" Blaser..... well nearly not as it started to rain, He loads an shoots it from the slip when raining....

He was on fire today....78 ex 84! says it all...well done indeed.

That works out at over 92/100 - :yes:

'Ave a banana :o

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 Straight? Impressive stuff. :o :o

I managed 58/70 at Shrove Hill. Suddenly developed some weird spasm that's causing me to shoot 4ft to the left of Teals/going away birds. Cost me two kills on a stand I'd normally straight. :lol:

I had a similar problem at a charity shoot last week involving a high driven bird. I knew from the 1st one that I was missing down the left hand side, but for the life of me could not stop doing it :o :yes:

Shot the May of London team shoot this morning. Some of us started poorly over the first few stands leaving a lot to do for the remainder but it was a pretty well set up shoot - although it took us over three hours to get round!

Scores on the doors for our team were....

Mungler 80

Bagsy 70

Broken Man 65

Lefty 60

Lucky Dave 56

Total score was 331 ex 500

Two stands with rabbits and I didn't hit one - big loss for my card :good:

We shot against the dodgy handshake brigade who started off strong but dropped off towards the end. Of the 10 of us one was almost knocked flat by a large bit of flying clay and got a cut chin and we we suffered two broken guns on the last stand (the guts coming out of a semi and the lever giving up on an O/U).

Bumped into Peter De Le Mare before we started, poor chaps probably still in the wood as I write!

Edited by Bagsy

Ya, you dirty ********...fancy getting luck like that to get a 1000 slot after turning up at 09 ******* 45. :good::lol:

I shot 79/100. Ruined a good result by shooting very poorly on a couple of stands, dropping 5 on each that should have been straight, as they were easy. :yes::lol::lol: Someone called O'Sullivan was on 92 as I left.

Team Cabbage ended up on 354, joint 3rd as I left around 1530.

I was also joint 2nd on the pool shoot with 8/12 when I left, 9/12 being high gun.

Was a pleasure meeting Mugler, Basgy BM and the rest of the guys, whose names I missed....

Mung, well done on your 80. :lol:

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Peter - good shooting.

We were laughing like girls as we walked into the wood having got an early slot :lol: Smile was soon wiped off our faces though as we shot like muppets on the first few stands :good:

Was good to meet you :yes:

Edited by Bagsy

:good:

What about the venue though? I thought it was ******* awesome. Being a city boy I find places like that fascinating. :lol:

You city boys are too used to shooting at dodgy chair/carpet combinations :lol:

Very nice, but not enough 'sky' for us Essex boys. Far too many trees :lol:. Have you shot Copfurn yet? Similar wooded shoot but on a smaller scale.

Chard would've loved it today - I reckon he may have even got into the late 50's/early 60's there were was so much background :yes:

:lol:

What about the venue though? I thought it was ******* awesome. Being a city boy I find places like that fascinating. B)

You city boys are too used to shooting at dodgy chair/carpet combinations :hmm:

Very nice, but not enough 'sky' for us Essex boys. Far too many trees :/ . Have you shot Copfurn yet? Similar wooded shoot but on a smaller scale.

Chard would've loved it today - I reckon he may have even got into the late 50's/early 60's there were was so much background :lol:

:good::yes::lol:

I'd have been in the high 90's I expect :lol:

A good course which we ruined by our start - the first 4 stands, I dunno if it was nerves or what, but we gayed bigtime and it's difficult to recover the card or the mind from such an awful start. But, by the end, we had settled down and were all knocking 8's, 9's and 10's and just about getting into it. A good day out, but frustrating nonetheless.

Hmmm.....almost a similar story for me. Felt my heart pounding for some reason which it never normally does during a strawbale shoot. Maybe I was on the verge of a heart attack or something.

First two stands were straight, 3rd was a 9 after missing a bunny. Stand 4 was 5.... Couldn't get the going away bird at all, cudda shot it all day and not hit it. The other messed up stand was 6 I think.

What about the venue though? I thought it was ******* awesome. Being a city boy I find places like that fascinating. B)

You city boys are too used to shooting at dodgy chair/carpet combinations :hmm:

Very nice, but not enough 'sky' for us Essex boys. Far too many trees :/ . Have you shot Copfurn yet? Similar wooded shoot but on a smaller scale.

Chard would've loved it today - I reckon he may have even got into the late 50's/early 60's there were was so much background :lol:

I'd have been in the high 90's I expect :lol:

Having never seen Howletts Hall and only seeing Mr Chard shoot once, I can indeed confirm he would've been in the 90's had he attended.

What about the venue though? I thought it was ******* awesome. Being a city boy I find places like that fascinating. :sick:

You city boys are too used to shooting at dodgy chair/carpet combinations B)

Very nice, but not enough 'sky' for us Essex boys. Far too many trees :sick: . Have you shot Copfurn yet? Similar wooded shoot but on a smaller scale.

I'd have been in the high 90's I expect :hmm:

Having never seen Howletts Hall and only seeing Mr Chard shoot once, I can indeed confirm he would've been in the 90's had he attended.

The cheque's in the post :lol:

:/

Edited by Chard

Well, lets get young Chard to don his Ray Bans and get down to the sunny 'sarf in mid September to shoot the 200 Birder.??

I'm sure It'll be a goodun, even though they'll be a lot of "sky" around most of those birds. i.e. plenty of room to miss.

Today was a bit of a mare for me, did a 101 ex 120 at Southdown :lol::good: , followed by a 90 ex 100 at the Horne, Gatton Bottom, a real doomer, :yes: , still, like to think I'm saving myself for the British in 2 weeks time..??

Cat.

90ex100 cant have been that far off can it?? I decided to give myself (and the wallet) a rest today and instead sat imagining myself in a Rocky-esque montage, preparing for southern counties in a couple of weeks.

North of England Sportrap Champs next week though so that should be a nice warm-up :good:

shot Horne today also, good to see you again cat, shot an 84 not brilliant messed one stand big time, couple of bad breakdowns took the edge off the day,

wouldn't be surprised if a 95/96 took it.

Well, the big fella did a 99, (who said he was off form at the moment??) :good:

Cat.

Well, lets get young Chard to don his Ray Bans and get down to the sunny 'sarf in mid September to shoot the 200 Birder.??

I'm sure It'll be a goodun, even though they'll be a lot of "sky" around most of those birds. i.e. plenty of room to miss.

Today was a bit of a mare for me, did a 101 ex 120 at Southdown :lol::yes: , followed by a 90 ex 100 at the Horne, Gatton Bottom, a real doomer, :lol: , still, like to think I'm saving myself for the British in 2 weeks time..??

Cat.

I would luuuuuurve to have a thrash at this, but at £75 a pop plus about £80 in petrol and £30 for cartridges, it's a bit of dear old do :lol:

As I've not organised myself into a squad at this late hour, I'll probably end up going round with a bunch of anal jollyboys :lol: which doesn't sound like a barrel of laaaaaarfs to me :good: