Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shrove Hill, 51/70.

Dartford, 23/25 DTL. First time ever and I have to say it's pretty easy. Only needed the 2nd barrel 3 times.

15/25 and 17/25 Sportrap. This layout was hard imho, and made worse by a very stiff breeze. Working out which bird to shoot first on the simutanious pair is tricky and I think I messed it up each time. :lol: Still, at least I know what it is now, which is handy seeing as I've entered the British Open in 4 weeks time. :blush:

Just got back from the British Open Skeet at Doveridge. Started well but tailed off ever so slightly :lol: Shot 25,25,24,23 to finish on 97.

I'll live with that but wouldn't have minded a couple more :hmm:

Paulos,

That's brilliant shooting Matey, you just need a couple more 97's at Southdown in September to get Diggy & Young **** seriously worried. :sly:

Cat

Went shooting at Purleigh Wood today and finally bumped into............................MGMan! And what a fine specimen of a man he is too, good to meet you :D

As for the shoot, well, hadn't had any toast so started appallingly on the first four stands and picked up on the last four to finish on 52 ex 80 :lol:

Mungler finished top on 59, Broken Man 52. Not sure about Bald Dave and LV?

Good morning out again chaps :good:

Went shooting at Purleigh Wood today and finally bumped into............................MGMan! And what a fine specimen of a man he is too, good to meet you :D

As for the shoot, well, hadn't had any toast so started appallingly on the first four stands and picked up on the last four to finish on 52 ex 80 :good:

Mungler finished top on 59, Broken Man 52. Not sure about Bald Dave and LV?

LV - 49

Lucky Dave - 42

Havnt had much time last few of weeks, but managed to get two quick practice lines in t'other day. 1 of DTL hit a 24/72. Hit everything first barrel then missed the penultimate bird off stand 5! It was straight too!! DOH!!! :lol:

Just had time for a quick round of ABT and managed a 23ex25.

The next evening I got a call from the chaps I pratice with to go and have a couple of rounds of OT at Griffin Lloyd (only 20 mins from me). Its always a bit demoralising shooting with these guys as two are currently in the welsh OT squad, and two are ex welsh team, but to be fair they never gloat, and are always very helpfull. With an ok performance the day before I was hoping to equal or beat my personal best of 21 on the OT layout. Unfortutately I shot the worst I have for ages, two 14's!!! Absolutely gutted! Decided against any more rounds to avoid any further upset! They all shot 22's 23's and 24's! In all fairness Ive only been shooting clays since jan 2007, so I keep telling them one day I will nail them!! :hmm: