webber - an announcement.

Cranfield

Thanks lads I agree. The local press photographers seem to be leading the nomination for an award, but I'm not sure where from at the moment.

I've had arough night again, but have slept untill a few minutes ago. The district nurse came yesterday to change my dressings, some burns are healing well, but my left ankle is a mess, and it is that which has been giving me most pain, but I have noticed a big drop in the level of pain when I awoke. My face feels much better, much of the scabbing has come away, so it now looks a lot better. I think that McF is calling in later, so I will get him to do a photo.

Mike and Ian our keeper called yesterday for a chat, Ian was bringing me upto date on what was happening on the shoot, but they left earlier than they may have done because the district nurse arrived.

I'm going to try and arrange a list of visitors for next Saturday during the day. If I can manage this, mrs. webber can have a day off and go out with the sister in law, whilst the visitors baby sit me. My wife has been marvelous. She only came out of hospital herself two weeks ago, and was supposed to have complete rest, instead she got a 24/7 nursing job, and hasnt moaned once.

I'm back at the burns unit tomorrow to see the consultant, hopefully my ankle will have started to heal.

Lunch time now, at least my mouth opens a little more now, so it doesnt take quite as long to eat as it was doing.

Thanks everyone for your support, it really is appreciated.

webber

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back to the burns unit this morning. As I was going in, Billy was coming out; I was glad to see him, he is making a good recovery, his hands are doing well, and his face looks better than mine.

As for me, its good news, and not so good news. The numerous small burns are now dry, and no longer need to be dressed. My face has now moved onto the next stage which involves application of a special cream, which is ok, massageing it in untill it is absorbed is not quite so pleasant.

My left ankle is a mess, it has not healed at all. The wound clean up and physiothereapy was very painful, which was a pity, because she was a very nice young lady. I can sort of get about on a crutch, but its hard work.

webber

Thanks chaps.

I'm suffering at the moment. I came to bed at 7.30, but woke up at 10.30 with severe pain in my ankle which is well cooked. I'm not due any more pain relief untill 3am, so I'll need to tough it out till then.

Thw district nurse is coming layer today to change dressings. I've also got a very nice young lady hair dresser coming to try and sort my hair out.

McF called a couple of days ago, but I cant see his photo. My face is much better now, we are applying some special cream, my face is as soft as a babys bum, nut my forehead is sore. My head feels very heavy, its as though I am wearing a lead crash helmet.

webber

What's going on with your ankle then? You said it wasn't healing as fast as the rest of you, but is it due to sort itself out or are there some problems with it?

I can only imagine how much this must hurt. When I was a kid I wrapped a tissue around my hand and lit it (didn't know fire was that hot). That really hurt for a while, but was nothing on what you've had! I really hope you start to feel less pain soon.

I've had a really rough night, no more than 1 1/2 hours sleep. The pain is controlled for a couple of hours, then starts again and slowly gets worse. I can only have the main pain killers every 6 hours, but the slow release pain killer is not having sufficient effect.

I've sent for the doctor, I cant carry on like this.

My ankle is burned virtually all around for a width of about 1 1/2 inches. Following the clean up on Monday it looks just like a piece of raw meat, and hasnt healed at all. Its 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm getting a bit worried now. No one at the hospital has mentioned skin grafts, but I remember seeing some bad burns when I was a fitter in the glass works, wounds which at the time didnt seem as bad as mine were skin grafted.

When the pain killers are working I can tollerate it, but when they are not I cant, its reduced me to tears a few times, but crying does no good, it only upsets my wife who is doing her absolute best to look after me.

I believe that there is an article about Martin in this weeks local paper, no doubt McF will post a link to it.

webber

I can only imagine how much this must hurt. When I was a kid I wrapped a tissue around my hand and lit it (didn't know fire was that hot).

Natural selection?

Webber, that sounds rough, especially if you can't sleep as there's nothing to take your mind off it. I hope your ankle starts to heal soon.

Chin up mate

I've had a hectic morning. The doctor has been, he has changed all of the pain killers for a different coctail, which is stronger and should last longer in my system. He said that if the problem persists he will need to prescribe morphine, but that carries its own problems.

Just as he was leaving the hair dresser arrived, by coincidence, she is also one of his patients. I am now sporting a #4, and feel much better now. Although my hair had been washed several times I kept getting a whiff of burning, which was a little upsetting. Hopefully that problem has now gon in the bin.

Just as the hairdresser was finishing the district nurse arrived. She said that it looks like it is healing, but it looked a bloody mess to me. My mate who was visiting at the time couldnt stand the sight of it, and left the room. Like he said later, at least I've still got a foot on the end!

webber

I've had a hectic morning. The doctor has been, he has changed all of the pain killers for a different coctail, which is stronger and should last longer in my system. He said that if the problem persists he will need to prescribe morphine, but that carries its own problems.

Just as he was leaving the hair dresser arrived, by coincidence, she is also one of his patients. I am now sporting a #4, and feel much better now. Although my hair had been washed several times I kept getting a whiff of burning, which was a little upsetting. Hopefully that problem has now gon in the bin.

Just as the hairdresser was finishing the district nurse arrived. She said that it looks like it is healing, but it looked a bloody mess to me. My mate who was visiting at the time couldnt stand the sight of it, and left the room. Like he said later, at least I've still got a foot on the end!

webber

sounds like a mad morning well at least its getting better and you have stronger pain killers all the best mate.

Webbers got a smile on his face again.

I visited webber the other night, glad to say he's looking alot better especially around the face so much so he's got his smile back as you can see in the photo.

He's definately feeling better theres talk of going to kelbrook all be it in a wheel chair, though i think its just wishfull thinking on he's behalf and wanting to get out of the house maybe to give Mr's Webber a few hours break as well.

But all in all he looks better every time i visit him.

SP_A0457.jpg