INTERESTING TARGETS? (non-living!)

RichardJ

Back in my boyhood with a Webley mk3 I used to shoot old lightbulbs on the waste tip of the local chicken farm,they made quite a bang exploding.

Then as dusk fell the rats started coming out, easier to shoot as I had zeroed on the lightbulbs already.

Recently with the .223 I have been using the targets that show up yellow at the bullet strikes, just added another dimension and is far easier to spot from a distance.

On Saturday I shot at the local military range, a distance of 300m/375yds this was the longest shot I have taken and scored well imo, interesting though I was able to compare the military 5.56mm ball with Federal V shoks and no wonder the army use so much ammo, the factory ammo was bang on but the military stuff was way out, good only for falling plate targets they told me later!!!

Sorry to digress but still feeling chuffed with saturdays performance.

:beer: D2D

Edited by dusk2dawn

Lol eggs are fun and i have recently been told that xtra strong mints are good.

Not the most interesting thing to shoot, but i have recently been pinning drawing pins into a wooden board and shooting the heads of them, driving them into the wood. I find that aiming for such a small target really improves your technique. And if you use the drawing pins with the coloured plastic heads, its easier to see if you have hit because the plastic coating will be torn off. The only thing is obviously to make sure you collect all the pins after. Just an idea for u

Mark

I had a friend who was a heavy drinker until one day hanging on my washing line was his supply of White Lightning Cider :good:

We played a game of 10 blue bottles and gave him a leaflet from Achoholics Anonymous :lol:

Those things when haken well really do fizz and sometimes completely explode :rolleyes: