Police just took my guns!!

tinbum71

Tinbum - you throw a large pebble in the water and seem surprised by the ripple. Perhaps you need to calm down. At the end of the saga it will be nice to know if you are an innocent victim or a glory seeker - jury is out. I sincerely hope you are an innocent victim. ;):hmm:

I am the calm at the centre of the storm. I have done everything asked by the authorities and am as keen as anyone to see this put to bed. It seems to be that my laid back attitude and my not wishing to stir up a hornets nest at the police station is what has upset the most people!

I merely asked peoples advice when this first happened. I was concerned that the police would be able to take my licence without cause. I was in need of advice of my position legally. I have taken the advice given by helpful people on here (too few, just too few!) and am awaiting a conclusion.

It would apear that there are a significant number of non shooters, trolls I beleive you call them, on here. I've had comments that would beggar belief including some about how shooting in fields shouldn't be allowed! Well, come on. This is a shooting forum, most people on here shoot "in fields". Possibly some even shoot "in woods!" :lol:

I suggest that people wind their necks in as it is getting silly.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have told people on here to be patient and wait but they then started to talk about pop guns and all that after jumping to conclusions that you were yorkshire lad.

I think all this is going to end up good for you, as you aint done nothing wrong.

And you have also given some life experience for any others to read and learn from.

Df

Cheers DF, good to see someone on here has a modicum of sense.

I'm off to bed now to dream of the time I won the Olympic shooting gold and made that 1200m shot count in Bosnia etc. etc.

Yes, of course I'm being sarky! It's gone 11pm, the police still have my guns, after 7 days they still won't tell me, the FEO, or anyone else, who made the complaint or what it was, and I asked a forum full of schoolgirls for advice!

Who wouldn't feel cheated??! ;)

Edited by tinbum71

I have told people on here to be patient and wait but they then started to talk about pop guns and all that after jumping to conclusions that you were yorkshire lad.

I think all this is going to end up good for you, as you aint done nothing wrong.

And you have also given some life experience for any others to read and learn from.

Df

I will second that for sure. And on the same note specialities in target shooting have no bearing on the current thread in question.

Most on here would be spitting bullets over the whole affair, others handle sitiuation's such as this in a different manner. In your case Tinbum- a little more laid back. As long as you get a result that is great.

There are one or two obnoxious agrravators on here connected with this thread which is fine if you want to be that way, but it hardly moves the thread in the right direction does it?

Cheers DF, good to see someone on here has a modicum of sense.

I'm off to bed now to dream of the time I won the Olympic shooting gold and made that 1200m shot count in Bosnia etc. etc.

Yes, of course I'm being sarky! It's gone 11pm, the police still have my guns, after 7 days they still won't tell me, the FEO, or anyone else, who made the complaint or what it was, and I asked a forum full of schoolgirls for advice!

Who wouldn't feel cheated??! ;)

Methinks the chap has a valid point. Usual situation, a forum full of conspiracy theorists that tend to hunt in packs. One nips at someones ankles and the sheep follow.

Shame, but we've all done it at one time or other so there's non of us blameless.

Reminds me of Monty Python. "Oooooo lets go to a stoning. Should be a good one this week ....... Local boy"

Edited by DaveK

Isn't it strange how it's some of the older and long standing members of the forum that turn out to be right ***** in this situation. One is a top clay shot, several others have done very well in their shooting career. Yet these are the people that bring out the "spud gun at 1000 yards" ****.

Be ashamed guys. Imagine how you would have felt if your shooting peers had treated you like this when you started. We all have to start somewhere, even you did. Forget the troll theory and help the guy out. You can't expect any matter with the police firearms dept to be sorted in under six months, so have some patience!

As for not shooting in a field because there's a house within 500m, get a life! We all do that, and I do regularly ;)

I read this as tinbum being an easier token response than the ####'s who aint going to get took on are they?

I've also heard a rumour that undue pressure may have been applied from an ex plod who bought a house nearby for peace and tranquility. It's possible he knows the right buttons to press eh?

Either way tinbum is keeping calm and polite, not making waves to inflame the situation. I gues he'll not bother posting for help or advice here very often.

Edited by Dave-G

Isn't it strange how it's some of the older and long standing members of the forum that turn out to be right ***** in this situation. One is a top clay shot, several others have done very well in their shooting career. Yet these are the people that bring out the "spud gun at 1000 yards" ****.

Be ashamed guys. Imagine how you would have felt if your shooting peers had treated you like this when you started. We all have to start somewhere, even you did. Forget the troll theory and help the guy out. You can't expect any matter with the police firearms dept to be sorted in under six months, so have some patience!

As for not shooting in a field because there's a house within 500m, get a life! We all do that, and I do regularly ;)

can we say ***** in here?

Are we playing nicely tonight?

Just to keep you abreast of the situation, here is the initial response from the sw basc director. As you can see I made a few mistakes, but all is not lost......................

Some exerts of his response.

"I am not criticising you but I am afraid the police had no right to take your guns and that you should have refused to co-operate unless they either had a letter of revocation from the firearms licensing department or a warrant to enter your premises."

He went on to say:

"However I appreciate that you have willingly handed over the guns and co-operated with the police, most people do to be honest. Now I feel they will keep the guns for as long as they wish until they iron out what went on. "

He also says I should go to the police station and demand a receipt and to speak to the manager of the firearms licensing department.

After I get the guns back I should complain to the Chief Constable and try to find out if the complainant had been investigated for wasting police time.

I am to contact him Friday if not resolved as he is away until then.

Feeling better now :unsure:

MC is making a number of valid points here.

Let's face it, this is going to end in one of 2 ways:

1. He gets a summons in the post.

2. He gets a letter of apology from the Chief Constable in the post, guns are returned, end of story.

Cat.

As I said earlier, we all await the outcome with great interest, to see how the gun snatching Cornish plod resolve this matter.

Cat.

here is the initial response from the sw basc director. As you can see I made a few mistakes, but all is not lost......................

Some exerts of his response.

"I am not criticising you but I am afraid the police had no right to take your guns and that you should have refused to co-operate unless they either had a letter of revocation from the firearms licensing department or a warrant to enter your premises."

He went on to say:

"However I appreciate that you have willingly handed over the guns and co-operated with the police, most people do to be honest. Now I feel they will keep the guns for as long as they wish until they iron out what went on. "

He also says I should go to the police station and demand a receipt and to speak to the manager of the firearms licensing department.

Who did you speak to at BASC?, are they a member of the firearms team?

I am to contact him Friday if not resolved as he is away until then.

Feeling better now :unsure:

Sod that, you need to be a bit more firm, speak to basc firearms(01244 573010), Mike or Alan are the guy's to speak to, very helpful, ask the police if they have any intention of charging you, if not guns back please.

Edited by Paul223

I'd love to see the disbelievers red faces now !!!!!!!!

I'm still one of them, I'm afraid, (not red faced though).

Cat.

Which part don't you beleive? That I have guns? Had guns? Had guns confiscated? Am not guilty of whatever I'm being investigated for? I ask merely for clarification.

If I remember rightly, you're the guy who thinks people shouldn't be allowed to shoot in fields. Perhaps you'd like to clarify that statement? :unsure:

Your comment on this DH....& not a webpage please,

BJ.