Tragedy

Nildes

I still cannot assimilate actually how it happened..... The coroners report refers in a manner to which is a little vague to me.

So there was three in the hide? Yes or no

Shooting side by side?

And I presume the line of fire was obstructed directly by the victim in the hide?

I felt the way it was interpreted that the lad was out in front of the other two guns?

It also mentions one pellet entered his skull- Surely that does not seem the right injury at such possible close range?

Whatever the outcome a tragic loss of life which could have been avoided.

Regards starlight32

A TRAGIC LOSS, AND MY CONDOLENCE TO THE PARENTS. EQUALLY DISTURBING IS THIS COMMENT BY LUCY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. "What a dreadful waste of a life. Teenagers should not be allowed anywhere near a pigeon shoot never mind be near a gun or handle one".

THIS IS HOW THE BANS AND KNEE JERK REACTIONS FROM GOVERNMENTS START. JUST AN UNINFORMED LITTLE COMMENT LIKE THIS. I WONDER IF THIS ONE WILL GROW, AND TEENAGERS WILL BE BANNED AS A CONSEQUENCE.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO RESPOND TO THAT COMMENT, BUT DON'T HAVE MY THINKING CAP ON AT THE MOMENT.

A TRAGIC LOSS, AND MY CONDOLENCE TO THE PARENTS. EQUALLY DISTURBING IS THIS COMMENT BY LUCY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. "What a dreadful waste of a life. Teenagers should not be allowed anywhere near a pigeon shoot never mind be near a gun or handle one".

THIS IS HOW THE BANS AND KNEE JERK REACTIONS FROM GOVERNMENTS START. JUST AN UNINFORMED LITTLE COMMENT LIKE THIS. I WONDER IF THIS ONE WILL GROW, AND TEENAGERS WILL BE BANNED AS A CONSEQUENCE.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO RESPOND TO THAT COMMENT, BUT DON'T HAVE MY THINKING CAP ON AT THE MOMENT.

i thought the same her comment was a joke you cant tar the actions of one teeneager to another

Drink after the shoot not before or during!Common sense, as we all know!!

have you ever been on an estate shoot beating , after lunch it can be a frieghtening place when the toffs have had a few to many and they start going for low birds and washing us poor beaters in lead shot

I'm sure we've all seen the odd example of poor shooting and poor judgement.

Its one of the risks we take when we allow shooting to take place under a relatively light training regime.

Its a given that most of us learn on the job.

The thing is, most of us learn from our own mistakes and those of others and with shotguns this is a fairly continuous process. I've been shooting for years and am still nowhere near a 1:1 ratio.........which means I'm still making mistakes.

I think the big mistake the lads made was mixing drinking and shooting rather than their system of calling birds.

I've just commented on the story. Why don't you?

Only one comment up there so far - are you Lucy from Cambridge??? :blink: :lol:

Added a comment myself but suspect is won't get through the moderators :good:<_<

Typical Daily Mail though - happy to have some vegetarian yoghurt weaver posting ill informed **** but bet they don't balance things out and allow pro-shooting posts.

pretty tragic and I have to say hard to understand how it happened, its hard to get in front of a gun in a hide, sounds like he must have been outside it. Alcohol on shoot days does happen but theres a big difference between a quick slug of sloe gin and being over the drink drive limit. Its a reminder guns aren't to be played with and to me it was the right result as accidents do happen, you've only got to see the police stats for their accidents with firearms. Its why if you share a hide you have to be 100% about your companions

I've just commented on the story. Why don't you?

Only one comment up there so far - are you Lucy from Cambridge??? :lol::lol:

Added a comment myself but suspect is won't get through the moderators :yp: :lol:

Typical Daily Mail though - happy to have some vegetarian yoghurt weaver posting ill informed **** but bet they don't balance things out and allow pro-shooting posts.

I doubt that mine will either. It started as a comment to Lucy that she obviously understood about shooting then. never expected it to go on but had to be done.

According to his mates the lad was of a 'competitive and cocky nature', and 'always trying to prove himself better than anyone else'. Hmmm, throw in a quantity of alcohol and a few shotguns in a confined space and what happened was more of an inevitability than an accident.