UK Handgun Petition

I don't believe we have ever been permitted to have licensed firearms for "personal protection", so its not a question of "bringing it back".

I also agree that we should be more courteous to our overseas members, who have a lot more experience of legislation and practices in their own countries than we do.

A number of "off topic" posts have been removed from this thread.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having a think about this on the car in the way to work - LBC were doing a phone in about hand guns and the latest teenager to get shot.

If I were permitted to carry a concealed firearm at first thought I would probably take the opportunity as too I suspect would most on this shooting forum. You may not keep it, carry it all the time or even regularly fire it but lets face it we would all want one.

However, would I really need to carry a concealed firearm? Am I at such risk that I could and would possibly need to shoot someone? 36 years have gone by and never have I come near to the occassion.

Then I thought what would happen if the kids got hold of it.

Not for me.

Profile Views: 0*

Local Time: Aug 4 2008, 05:56 AM

1 posts (0.82 per day)

Looks like the OP don't want to talk to us anymore :good:

Profile Views: 3*

Local Time: Aug 7 2008, 02:09 PM

1 posts (0.22 per day)

He's now revisited us twice that I have seen, without making any comment. Seems like one of them who throws corn into a fire to see how it pops.

If anyone on here has signed this so called petition be ready for loads of spam in your email inbox!

Ipetition is a free site where anyone can start any petition and harvest email addresses. this guy is collecting your emails which will most likely be sold on!

perhaps if anyone on here is thinking of kicking their own forum off you should contact him to see if he will sell you the list, there is no way this is a genuine petition as it will NEVER happen! by kicking off a controvertial petition is a good way of harvesting data!

If in doubt with a pettiion site check it has a genuine URL which this one doesnt its a mass petition site

If anyone on here has signed this so called petition be ready for loads of spam in your email inbox!

Ipetition is a free site where anyone can start any petition and harvest email addresses. this guy is collecting your emails which will most likely be sold on!

perhaps if anyone on here is thinking of kicking their own forum off you should contact him to see if he will sell you the list, there is no way this is a genuine petition as it will NEVER happen! by kicking off a controvertial petition is a good way of harvesting data!

If in doubt with a pettiion site check it has a genuine URL which this one doesnt its a mass petition site

That looks about the size of it, well spotted SK.

see http://en.netlog.com/angels70

try googling his name , he has more than one petition around the same one on different sites and one for pepper spray legalisation

he's also posted similar on a police forum LOL, read the responses

http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_po...&PID=292713

M.

Edited by MGMan

Do you know what really scares me about this one . Supose the government said yes and every law abiding citizen was allowed to carry a concealed pistol for self protection . Who the hell is going to train all these novice pistol shooters walking around with their .45 slab sides and .357 magnums . Any body who has shot pistol will know how bloody difficult it is to shoot one accurately and safely . If it did happen i would stay indoors just in case some little old lady was blasting a few round off at the bus driver for being late . Harnser .

Do you know what really scares me about this one . Supose the government said yes and every law abiding citizen was allowed to carry a concealed pistol for self protection . Who the hell is going to train all these novice pistol shooters walking around with their .45 slab sides and .357 magnums . Any body who has shot pistol will know how bloody difficult it is to shoot one accurately and safely . If it did happen i would stay indoors just in case some little old lady was blasting a few round off at the bus driver for being late . Harnser .

Probably the same people that trained us when we had pistols in the past Harnser. As in nobody.

It's not going to happen, if we can't carry a knife, no way will we be allowed to carry pistols. In 50 years there will be no guns in this country either, our rights are slowly being eroded away.

if you could carry, like the states you would not get mugged,because they know you carry.think about it.

I`m with bob on this, it`s just like saying you wouldn`t "have sexual congress" with a prostitute as she/he may have a STD..... many still do don`t they otherwise STD`s would be a thing of the past.

if you could carry, like the states you would not get mugged,because they know you carry.think about it.

I wasn't going to mention it but my opinion is...... In this country a mugger will only need his fists or a knife to intimidate someone to handing over their bag and/or valuables, if there was a small chance that the mugee might have a hand gun (as the original poster wants) then as a mugger you'd go in fully tooled up right? Mexican stand off with worse results. Fact is in the US history gun rules OK, always was, always will be, there's no way else to go execpt be armed, the in the UK we still have a choice, and it seems the choice is NO! Why raise the stakes when they don't need to be.

My little one will of off to little grasshoppers as soon as possible.

Here they have training courses that you're required to take when applying for a CHL.

When CCW was first implemented in Florida in 87, the anti gun groups and some concerned citizens went NUTS. They were saying " the streets will run red with blood, simple fender benders will turn into shoot outs between permit holders blah, blah, blah. Over 20 years and 39 shall issue states later, it never materialized.

I'm not saying CCW has lowered the crime rate. I don't think it's had any effect really. But it hasn't made things worse either.

As for the UK, I think handguns should be relegalized for target shooting and such like it was before Dunblane. Semi-automatic rifles too.

Here they have training courses that you're required to take when applying for a CHL.

When CCW was first implemented in Florida in 87, the anti gun groups and some concerned citizens went NUTS. They were saying " the streets will run red with blood, simple fender benders will turn into shoot outs between permit holders blah, blah, blah. Over 20 years and 39 shall issue states later, it never materialized.

I'm not saying CCW has lowered the crime rate. I don't think it's had any effect really. But it hasn't made things worse either.

As for the UK, I think handguns should be relegalized for target shooting and such like it was before Dunblane. Semi-automatic rifles too.

Good point about the difference in gun crime, in the UK i don't believe we need it, only the more hardened guys have hand guns and as i said before, why raise the stakes?

For the record the closest i've come to gun crime was being in a club at Epping about 8 years ago. Two bouncers where shot outside (not fatal). The club kept going for an hour or so longer to contain everyone so all was not lost. Point is that in 32 years that's the closest i got to handgun crime then i can live with that. As Dr Scholl said before, if it really truly is a case of criminals killing criminals then why the **** do we need them? Answer is, in the UK we do not.

I've been around trained people with handguns who I wouldn't trust to own one, yet alone Joe blogs being allowed to carry one :good:

I'm all for allowing handgun ownership as it was before the ban but this is going too far and will it only serve to discredit the genuine attempt to get the ban lifted.

I had a handgun pointed at me outside a nightclub in Germany many moons ago and it sobers you up quite quickly, and that was the bouncer :yes:

I've been around trained people with handguns who I wouldn't trust to own one, yet alone Joe blogs being allowed to carry one :good:

I'm all for allowing handgun ownership as it was before the ban but this is going too far and will it only serve to discredit the genuine attempt to get the ban lifted.

I had a handgun pointed at me outside a nightclub in Germany many moons ago and it sobers you up quite quickly, and that was the bouncer :yes:

Y'all might have a better chance of getting the handgun ban lifted than you think. After all, the government is exempting the Olympic team for the games in 2012, right?

It's a step in the right direction anyway.

Edited by Dr_Scholl

Y'all might have a better chance of getting the handgun ban lifted than you think. After all, the government is exempting the Olympic team for the games in 2012, right?

Sorry mate but that has little do do with anything. Imagine having engineered that gun ban then the same government having to address it again for an international event, typical really, knee jerk reaction, suffer the smaller fall out later. The ban will be back enforce for the same Olympic candidates after the London games for the Olympics at the next country, the focus just will be loose enough to ignore.

If I didn't see the petition is real I would have thought this was a joke, I'm lost for words at how stupid the idea is, but I am very pleased to see that the general oppinion among legal gun owners follows my sentiment, hopefully this is proof to the anti's that we are not all gun toting homicidal maniacs.

Even the Cops arent armed in this country. However satisfying the idea of instant justice,your average Mr Public wants to wee their pants when faced with sudden violence. Add a gun to the equation and there is a recipe for disaster,probably for the gun owner.You then have an armed mugger on the loose.

Edited by vole21