Nissan Navara

Cosd

Got £5k'ish budget to spend on a car and thinking of getting one of these. Anyone know anything about them good or bad?

Missus likes it becuase I can go to the dump yard and do all sorts of things like that, and I had to say of course my darling, that's exactly why I'd like one of those :mad:

It will be replacing a coupe which is great to drive but not much else! I drive 25 miles to work every day mainly M25 and M1, so it has to serve this purpose too. I don't really want to be driving something that drives too much like a van if you get my drift. I guess it might even be able to cope with the odd field or two :good:

Any reviews/opinions welcome.....

If you get one, pray your engine does not implode. They have a reputation for engine catastrophes. Conrod coming through the block. I read on another Forum - might have even been this - that the engine bearings are faulty and need replacing with an aftermarket bearing kit from the USA. The danger mileages are 5,000 and 30,000. If they get past these you could be okay. I would not touch one with a barge pole.

They are utterly useless, lightweight pieces of toss mate. I bought one brand new and it didnt make it to 42k. Turning circle like an oil tanker (which you'll need to feed it), body work is also **** while still managing to be superior to nissans customer service. If you do a search on here you'll find a few threads about this subject :good:

On balance, avoid.

the reason above plus a host of others.

I drive a 03 plate, 70,000 miles and problem free other than paint flaking off the arches, cruise ship like turning cirle, horrible dash, screen and side windows that mist really badly and dont clear.

That said it is comparitvly quick, alright for mild off road and towing and realativly comfortable, With £5000 ish id probably get a latter plate isuzu trooper.

My uncle has one as his company car and a year or so ago the brakes failed on an a road resulting in a big smash at the next roundabout! He went back though but think its the only off roader/truck he can get thru work. Didn't they have the worst safety rating (NCAP) for a while... pretty sure it was resolved but not a great start, lol.

Buy an old defender, probably far more reliable!

5k won't buy you much navara wise, as said they do have an issue with con rods appearing through the side of the block but I'm not sure whether they have sorted the issue in which case buy one with a replaced engine and you may be ok. Shooting wise the crew cabs do make a good platform and you won't get much better for lamping. I've got an L200 bargain buy so far I get about 30mpg and it is pretty civilised on the road even at motorway speeds even considering its got a half decent set of off road boots on it. I thought about a Navara but have to say the stories did put me off a bit

I'm uite surprised with the feedback to be honest, but also appreciate the honesty. reading some reviews online (carmag type) it reads like a good car, even reading the ford ranger or mitsubishi reviews they both say 'not as good as the Navara' for one reason or another.

As far as not getting much of a Navara for £5k, There is a choice of cars in Autotrader on a 2002/2003 plate.

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Really not sure now, you guys really have put the dampers on it for me, but as I said thanks for being honest.

Any other recomendations for that sort of money, bearing in mind what I want to use it for?

I have a L200 Warrior, been driving them for the last 5 or 6 years , thisone is 3 now and they all go like hell , anywhere.I stopped buying new ones 3 years ago as the new @I look like a Ford Ka on stilts @ shape came out and I didnt like it.L200 all the way for me , and having been a mechanic in the army for 20 years, I know why I do not want a Landrover!!

I'm uite surprised with the feedback to be honest, but also appreciate the honesty. reading some reviews online (carmag type) it reads like a good car, even reading the ford ranger or mitsubishi reviews they both say 'not as good as the Navara' for one reason or another.

As far as not getting much of a Navara for £5k, There is a choice of cars in Autotrader on a 2002/2003 plate.

Really not sure now, you guys really have put the dampers on it for me, but as I said thanks for being honest.

Any other recomendations for that sort of money, bearing in mind what I want to use it for?

Precisely why I bought mine have a look at the ad for mine on here 54 plate 47000 miles with 6k of extras, been a good motor and a good shooting bus for me

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...l=nissan+navara

Precisely why I bought mine have a look at the ad for mine on here 54 plate 47000 miles with 6k of extras, been a good motor and a good shooting bus for me

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...l=nissan+navara

It was becuase of your add that I started looking at these !!

Yours is a lovely looking car but out of my price range to be honest. I'm in the middle of doing a load of work on the house and I just can't stretch that far.....

Thanks anyway....

it was becuase of your add that I started looking at these !!

Yours is a lovely looking car but out of my price range to be honest. I'm in the middle of doing a load of work on the house and I just can't stretch that far.....

Have you looked at the ad lately? the price should be within your budget now, the credit crunch is really hurting me so let my bad luck be your good fortune and grab a bargain, I promise I won't cry too much

I have a late model (2007) Navara Aventura and I can only say that’s it’s the dogs dangly bits as far as a workhorse is concerned. My only complaint (and this to Nissan) is the atrocious mpg, way less than the claimed figures in the literature. That said 18k service intervals and not much else in between. I use it off road all day, every day and it gets well and truly put through it’s paces. It’s heavy enough on the back end not to get stuck in the worst mud and has enough power to plough through most ridges (mind you I am looking at hiking it up a bit, say 4â€). You won’t get one (yet) for 5k and I believe most, if not all, the adverse comments relate to the earlier models which did get a bad press but I think that with the later models things have much improved. I'm sure there are good 4x4 out there for 5k you've just gotta look!

If you get one, pray your engine does not implode. They have a reputation for engine catastrophes. Conrod coming through the block. I read on another Forum - might have even been this - that the engine bearings are faulty and need replacing with an aftermarket bearing kit from the USA. The danger mileages are 5,000 and 30,000. If they get past these you could be okay. I would not touch one with a barge pole.

:good: And at that price you must be after an airfix model :good:

LB