Hi all looking for advice

picardy

I used a belt as a youngster. After a while you can appreciate their limitations.

When decoying I use a Zebco chair - brilliant thang, It's got pockets on both sides. Easy to fit 50 carts in either side.

For walked up I put shells in both pockets. For driven I take 2 cartridge bags and re-fuel accordingly.

I can't think of any occasion where a belt would be an advantage.

Used to use a belt all the time, nowadays i use pockets or a bag, its just so much easier apart from anything else.

Hopefully goes without saying that you don't have anything else in your bag or pockets other than the same size cartridges, trying to shove your asthma inhaler in the chamber is embarrasing, dropping a 20 bore cartridge in your 12 bore can be a whole different ballgame.

Edited by JR1960

In a hide a bag walking round or on a shoot day use your pockets :good:

Cartridge belts only mark your stock :yes: hate the bloody things

A bag, or your pockets. :good:

Cartridge belts can mark your gun, catch up on other things and when you bend over the cartridges can fall out.

As above,i do not want to damage my pride and joy!, for me its a bag on driven days, i transfer a few cart's into my pocket as and when, if its a rough shoot, i just load my pockets!

Cant stand cart' belts!

Edited by Hot-Shot

Two cartridge belts over shoulders like a bandito. Really I use a £10 vestfrom Decathlon with cartridge loops from Decathlon. Holds about 20 plus a few in the inside pockets. Something nice and secure about having them in loops,I hate dropping them.I do use a belt sometimes too.

I use a bag in the hide But if the Pigeons are coming in steady i sometimes use my carp fishing boilly pouch it fits round my waist at a comfortable height for easy access & a quick reload it will easy hold 30 cartridges that you can top up, works for me anyway and i think thats the important thing it's what works for you. I don't tend to use belts if im heading round the field after a few rabbits it's pockets. Hope this helps All the best & good shooting. Tis

I'm still in favour of the belt. It was cold enough yesterday for the first time this season to wear a proper coat so I left my belt in the car and put a box of carts in my pocket. My shoot involves quite a lot of walking and even more standing about so by lunch the weight of my coat was killing my back. At lunchtime I got the belt and carried my carts in it all afternoon, moving a few into my pocket as I needed them. Definitely easier to load from the pocket but with a bad back, the belts best for carying them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Tactical-Utility...1713.m153.l1262

i bought one of these bags off e(vil)bay... not expensive, but excellent value for the money... really...

main pouch has a drw sting neck round it and i can easilly fit 100 carts in there... ectra pockets for knife,phone, small bino's, sg cert etc etc...iits got a few loops just right for putting a couple of carts in for very quick reloading...loads of zips/pockets......ans as its a shoulder bag it sits on your hip or round your back, and stays there... you dont even know youve got it on....

great in the fields....

the pictures do it no justice, its a quality item for the cash...milliatary standard...check it out... :good:

Edited by myzeneye