Guns safe stolen !!!!

EMT

This incident was shocking. I was called to attend this robbery just after it happened so for professional reasons I can't say a lot more than has been released in the media but they went straight to the safe with the right tools for the job and managed to get it off the wall.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/3786268.Up...enfleet_robbery

Edited by EMT

:good:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=70154&hl=

A MOTHER and daughter were tied up when robbers broke into their home to steal cash and a set of guns.

The two robbers forced their way into a house in Rushbottom Lane, Benfleet, and bound the 48-year-old and 22-year-old woman who were inside.

They stole a substantial amount of cash, a collection of registered firearms, and a metal gun safe.

Police are now hunting the men who fled in a bronze or gold coloured car.

:D

I guess that this puts some of the recent comments about making public what guns you have more pertinant than ever. I think it was dusk2dawn who suggested on another thread that we shouldnt post loads of pics of guns and have them listed in our sig (as I do)

I think it is a great shame but his comments make more sense than ever.

Steve b

:good: They would need explosives to get mine off the wall!!!Its inaccessible, and had 8" bolts in the wall and floor.They would have to demolish the wall.

In and out in 10 minutes? Has to be planned, I wonder how much the guns were worth? They had to be the real target. :D

Sounds safe ha no pun and all that blah blah.................... A saw would cut through a safe no problems at all so yes a realistic 10 minute job

Jonno

Sounds safe ha no pun and all that blah blah.................... A saw would cut through a safe no problems at all so yes a realistic 10 minute job

Jonno

:good: Stihl saw, or con saw (no pun intended) as we call them would make short work of a safe. All the bolts would do is be handy for keeping the thing steady while it's being cut.

I used to be in steel erecting Believe you me Inside walls in some strutures are utter ****, Trying to fasten propely to breezeblock Etc is a nightmare, You think its good till you get some wight on it and it pulls straight out, Some of the best stuff for inside walls is Hilti HIT 100 two pack resin fixing, to glue in threaded rod, It will take the blocks with it. Depending on situation rawlbolts are **** for inside/plaster covered walls.

Lets be real now, I really doubt that a saw would cut through a gun cabinet. Theres a reason there "Police Approved".

Arent they made from toughened metal ? Thats what I heard :good: (My apologies if im wrong :D )

There supposed to be toughened so you cant just crack them open easily lol!

I myself have gone around all the edges of my Cabinet with sealant to fill the space between the wall and cabinet, nothings getting behind it lol!

It'd be an interesting test if anyones got a knackered safe and a con saw. My money is on the saw.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the cops usually use language like reasonable precautions etc.

Basically admitting yes we know you can't actually 100% for sure certain guarentee you can stop your guns from being robbed but do as much as you can to slow them down/make it hard, without taking on the state defecit of Zimbabwe?

Edited by JohnGalway

So i guess the moral of the story is to fill your cabinet with bricks and hide your guns under the bed, then watch the thieving ******** try to carry it then shoot them as they get to the end of your drive from your bedroom window! :good: (Iam only joking and putting guns under your bed is not acceptable, how the hell would you get to sleep!!!!)

The report says the cabinet is three foot wide, that is a serious cabinet. It took me two people to carry my 7 Gun bratton up stairs, that is only about 16" wide, without guns. That is a serious weight to lift!

Totally agree with you; as 2 of us just fitted my new 8 gun Bratton last night and they weigh a bloody ton (118lbs) and if you multiply the width by 2+ times ; the weight would be even more and then they have got to carry it (with guns) to a BRONZE car and what car will take a 5ftx3ft box.

:good:

Dave K