How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

Shot a 60 at Doveridge today with Mad Scientist shooting a 61 to win the honour of buying the brews :rolleyes:

Really enjoyed shooting at Doveridge - great ground, testing but not impossible targets and staff with a sense of humour. Roll on Wednesday's Police Shoot :yes:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot at quite possibly the gayest shoot I have ever been on, it was an interclub shoot at a club that I have never shot at before. One stand was a incoming bird wihch dropped and landed about 50 yards out. Out of the ten people in our squad there were about 10 hit out of the 100 shot at. The next stand had a chair in the cage !!!!!!!!!! you had to sit down and shoot. *** is all that about?

I ended up on 33/50 and lost the will to live on several stands. The first one my squad shot ended up with a neighbour compplaining about shot landing on his house so the moved the stand and we had to shoot it again from a different position.

Thank goodness that next week is back to the clubs home ground and normality should resume.

Well as it's week 3 on Pump Action Month I took my 870 and my Mossberg to Gatwick, it was pouring with rain so used the Mossberg, shot 41/50 on sporting I was pleased with, 20/25 on skeet, then messed it up by having another round of skeet and shooting 14!!

I think I may have lost interest somewhere :rolleyes:

Shot shrove hill with bagsy and elvis and mattfatcatsplat. Saw the PDLM gang there too.

The shoot was pants; a broken rabbit trap, long queues on each and every stand and we got soaked.

Won't be going back anytime soon.

It's a real shame - the fella called Glen who runs this shoot knows how to put on a top grade set up because we have all shot and enjoyed the Mays shoot and the Essex Team shoot, however, his regular shoots at the white bear and shrove hill are frankly rubbish. He needs more land and somewhere else to throw some clays - easier said than done I know, what with neighbours and planning permissions.

Indeed, I reckon the Mays shoot of last year was better than the Essex Masters of this year, and can't wait for the next one.....

Edited by Mungler

Has fun with the Mafia at the scrapheap challenge and shot like a winkle - No change there then!! Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring, Winter, Autumn and Summer - All in 2 hours!! Soggy but happy (well, happier than bagsy in his musclefit T shirt anyway!!).

Bigweed - Do you shoot Robin Hood regularly? - I do it every now when at my shore home (er, OK...caravan) now and then and would be nice for some company - They change it around and it goes from kids stuff to wheretheflippineckdidthatgohowthehellamimeanttohitthat territory.

MC - Shooting from a chair - Where's the problem?:rolleyes:?:yes:??? If they serve iced gin and tonic at the same time (with a little slice of lime) with your feet up, I'll be there very week (Would you shoot foot down or foot up?).

Nipped up to Barrow Heath today, the usual 10 stands of 10, but some quite good targets nevertheless, did an 84, not brilliant, but could have been a lot worse as we shot the last 2 stands in the pouring rain. :rolleyes:

Now, for all you Cheryl fans, we had a call in the car on the way back from her to say she's just won the Ladies cup at the Italian FITASC Championship, shot a very tidy 177, but the Big Fella was back on top form, he romped home with a 190 to take High Gun. :yes:

Cat.

Went to Polowood today (private shoot near Lewis) with Jonnyoftheboy, mad cannon, Jinx and Toilette. Excellent day out. :rolleyes:

Hire the ground for yourself and a group of mates - 200 clays for £60 each or for a group of 6, shoot as much as you can for £80 a head.

Have yourself a mini comp or just practice all day - highly recommended

yep, can vouch for polowood. was a great day.... private practice was excellent

PDLM was at the scrapheap - Which one wos you?:hmm:?

The good lookin' geezer :hmm:

Once again Bagsy, Mung and Evil are **** at introductions :yes:

I started out well at Shrove, shooting my first stand straight (the one Mung is moaning about, Rabbit and Battue) then was straight on the next when one got drenched halfway and then missed everything. :hmm: Think I ended on a 50something, which is ****.

Mung's card looked really good when I saw it, would imagine it being a strong 62+ :rolleyes:

Bigweed - Do you shoot Robin Hood regularly? - I do it every now when at my shore home (er, OK...caravan) now and then and would be nice for some company - They change it around and it goes from kids stuff to wheretheflippineckdidthatgohowthehellamimeanttohitthat territory.

Shot it about 5 times now - nice little shoot. Give's a shout the next time you're thinking of going. Spoke to Andy (the guy who runs it - also runs Hawley) and said he's got a few more traps coming soon and should make the summer a bit more interesting - what ever that means :rolleyes:

FCS,

If you want to know what is wrong with shooting from a chair you should try it. Also I forgot to mention that it was a fibre only shoot as well and the rain didn't stop all morning. ANd I shot with my left leg out in front and my right under the chair. Is that the right way to do it? I still shot gun down. Even getting cartridges out of your pocket was a task.

It must have been a bit like your day at shrove hill, so many no birds and with shooting stand 1 twice after they moved the cage I ended up using 73 cartridges for a 50 birder. That is a worse cartridge kill ratio than I get on the marsh.

Edited by MC

Shot a 60 at Doveridge today with Mad Scientist shooting a 61 to win the honour of buying the brews :hmm:

Really enjoyed shooting at Doveridge - great ground, testing but not impossible targets and staff with a sense of humour. Roll on Wednesday's Police Shoot :hmm:

Roll on Wednesday indeed :yes:

I think Annihilator thinks he's going to be dishing out severe rodgerings all round

I've got my Hull FITAAAAAASC Extra Long Range Turbo Super Dupa Bitchmuthas ready :rolleyes:

I think Annihilator thinks he's going to be dishing out severe rodgerings all round

I've got my Hull FITAAAAAASC Extra Long Range Turbo Super Dupa Bitchmuthas ready :rolleyes:

If you need some proper shells let me no :hmm:

Sounds like fighting talk to me! I'd better leave the 21g's at home and take some decent cartridges myself! :hmm:

Was at worsley this afternoon to get abit of practise in :good: .

Take what ever shells you want pigeonpals (YOUR ALL GAN DARRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNN) :mad:

Me and my miroook are as one now :mad: .

Nice avatar magman (you lost ya specs). :D .

Was at worsley this afternoon to get abit of practise in :good: .

Take what ever shells you want pigeonpals (YOUR ALL GAN DARRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNN) :mad:

Me and my miroook are as one now :mad: .

Nice avatar magman (you lost ya specs). :D .

I notice you're keeping your score at Worsley quiet. Was it 73? :lol::lol::lol: