How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had a lesson today, freezing cold, peeing with rain, managed to get a handle on driven pairs of all things.Used to really hate these but after the first couple of pairs it was pointed out where i was going wrong, and HEY PRESTO! Can't seem to miss 'em now. had 150 clays over 2hrs and had about 20 pick ups left. tried driven left and rights, quartering loopers, l&r crossers, the works. really chuffed! i'll post my score after sundays shoot..regards, gram.

PS, really looking forward to essex crew meet up at high lodge now.

Looks like Auntie was top gun then well done :hmm:

Well shot the pair of you :lol: Gutted I couldn't make it, it made for an incredibly frustrating day at work :hmm:

aunti still showing the way then :yes::lol: good lass :):no: got to watch her lads :hmm::hmm:

sounds like you had some interesting targets up their today so some decent scores :hmm:

i got stuck with some young farmers for the day. :no::no:

Sharp shooting indeed from Auntie today ;)

Complete mix of targets today and well worth the trek up there to shoot something different :no: Paulos, you would have no doubt enjoyed it :no:

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day B :yes:

Edited by Nicky T

21 is getting there Jon. B)

What are you missing most often now? You'll be able to recognise what you did wrong on each miss by now. Then, you can work on that particular issue. :rolleyes:

Nothing consitently, single high on 1 sometimes causes me problems but have moved my hold point higher and letting the gun do the work.

4 used to cause me many problems but is under control after fitting the easy hit, having my cross dominance identified and getting used to it after a coaching session. 4 is definitely where i'm working on, low high on the pair is getting there but i would say if i had to pinopint i would say the pair high low is what i need to work on. Being able to shoot consistently low high is fine but if i end up in a shoot off it's no use so need to plan for the future.

Overall i would say it's concentration, i know i can kill every bird, i just need to put it all together.

I have decided to start shooting skeet doubles in practice as my mate and I have steadily improved and it makes it more of a challenge, starting doing regd shoots had focused me too.

I was planning to do some more tomorrow but had a great offer to go out for a wander looking for tree rats, pigions, rabbits, fox and deer (not with a sg :o that's .308 time ???

ESP+DTL+ESK= hopefully being able to hit them :good: I'm a lot more accurate with a rifle :hmm:

Jon.

Me and Anni risked the registered comp at Shugborough today :good:

Weather was OK down there, hardly any snow on the deck, it was just ******* cold. Ground was frozen like concrete :yes:

Nice course, **** shooting. I got 72, Anni got 65, which were exactly the same scores as the last time we did Shugborough :wub::good::yes::wub:

Feels like you're getting nowhere sometimes :wub:

Diabolical weather when we got back to Manchester, snow/sleet with ungritted roads. This turned into sheet ice on the A556 into Manchester, traffic crawling along and slipping and sliding all over the place :yes:

Shugborough

Yeah sometimes it does feel as your stuck in a rut :wub: A 65 :wub: I have lost my ability to annihilate the long range stuff :yes:

"65" Jesus H christ on a skateboard I,m going backwards. :good: I should be punched full on in the face (form an orderly queue plz).

Edited by Anni

Me and Anni risked the registered comp at Shugborough today :good:

Weather was OK down there, hardly any snow on the deck, it was just ******* cold. Ground was frozen like concrete :yes:

Nice course, **** shooting. I got 72, Anni got 65, which were exactly the same scores as the last time we did Shugborough :wub::good::yes::wub:

Feels like you're getting nowhere sometimes :wub:

Diabolical weather when we got back to Manchester, snow/sleet with ungritted roads. This turned into sheet ice on the A556 into Manchester, traffic crawling along and slipping and sliding all over the place :yes:

Fair play to you two but still think you must be as mad as a box of frogs ;):P