Man seriously injured

pigeonshooter76

POLICE have revealed that a shooting accident where a man suffered serious injuries took place in Catton near Swadlincote.

The 50-year-old was shot in the back from relatively close range during an organised pheasant shoot.

He was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in Birmingham, by air ambulance.

The accident happened at 2.45pm yesterday.

The person who shot the man has been voluntarily questioned by police and has not been arrested.

POLICE have revealed that a shooting accident where a man suffered serious injuries took place in Catton near Swadlincote.

The 50-year-old was shot in the back from relatively close range during an organised pheasant shoot.

He was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in Birmingham, by air ambulance.

The accident happened at 2.45pm yesterday.

The person who shot the man has been voluntarily questioned by police and has not been arrested.

here is link http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/UPD...il/article.html

What may I ask is relativly close range? I was shot a couple of years ago , at a range of about 30 m .............. the only pellets that made damage were thoes that hit my face, lucky for me both in the same hole!!That takes some luck!!The rest hit my chest area , and because of the ammount of layers of clothing I was wearing because of the very cold weather they didi nothing , by the way it was 36g 3mm

Catton is 5 minutes from me .

I shot on my beaters shoot today which is a stones throw away and the gamekeeper and his son know this person well so you can imagine the safety talk .

What i can say is that no walking back guns were allowed at all no matter what their experience wasThe unfortunate keeper was shot at a range of 2yds and his condition is serious .

What may I ask is relativly close range? I was shot a couple of years ago , at a range of about 30 m .............. the only pellets that made damage were thoes that hit my face, lucky for me both in the same hole!!That takes some luck!!The rest hit my chest area , and because of the ammount of layers of clothing I was wearing because of the very cold weather they didi nothing , by the way it was 36g 3mm

:sly:

cor blimey, glad to hear your ok mate, bet that bloody hurt. if you look at the numbers of shoots, something is bound to happen over the season. Just hope the guy pulls through :D

when i was in th cadets i near got shot with an l98 - cadet bolt action version of the sa80, 14 yo idiot forgot to take the safety off, spun onto his back and pointed the gun at me and said "sir, my gun wont work" and pulled the trigger to show me!!!!!!

you can imagine my response....

2 Yards!! Bloody hell thats like being shot with a breneka!I hope to god for the sake of him he was hit in a limb , might mean he will loose it but if it was center body mass he has a big and probably lethal problem.Have you seen the damage a shotgun can create at very close range? My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

2 yards, that ain't going to have a happy ending :yahoo:

There but for the grace of god. **** sometimes just happens - on Saturday I had a live semi auto pointed at me - slung over someone's shoulder who then bent down to check their dog.

I trust me with a gun, but no one else.

I'm with you on that Mung :good::good:

2 Yards!! Bloody hell thats like being shot with a breneka!I hope to god for the sake of him he was hit in a limb , might mean he will loose it but if it was center body mass he has a big and probably lethal problem.Have you seen the damage a shotgun can create at very close range? My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

I was told he was shot in the lower back with a huge exit wound in the stomach area .Not sure if the Burton Mail have reported anything at the moment :)

Just looked

No nothing stated

:good: Got to say injuries like that are usually fatal. Striking the intestines or stomach and leaking bacteria into the bloodstream, along with the open wound, even if they do stop the bleeding he could pass due to infection. (toxic shock).

I hope he finds the physical and mental strength to pull through this.

How sad, I hope he pulls through.

Another lesson to us all regarding safety. How this happened is neither here nor there, the point is an accident is an accident no matter how stupid or how safe we all are.

There was a very good article in one of the BASC mags a few months back, and it spoke about being out with others and holding back and not speaking out when you see the possibility of danger, so as not to offend someone be them an aqaintence or a friend. It had many scenarios which I think many people could relate to, and in short the message was SPEAK OUT. I know I'd rather offend someone than witness an accident or even get shot myself.