Another video link

Now this video as much better sporting (is that English?) than the other one saw today (Shooting clips from the usa). Didn't like the way they went about the killing of the tiger, but this video clip seemed ok. Strange i know.

Good video :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:< That's ******G ****!!! :< One, why do people go looking for these blood thirsty types of hunting videos and two, i did'nt think that hunting rhinos whether on safari or whatever is exactly legal. With this sort of footage, if it was illegal, can't that be used in a court of law as evidence??? LATER.......MUCH LATER!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Have mixed views myself. It certainly is blood thirsty but then hunting is atavism, end of, and atavism implies a reasonable degree of blood lust anyway, even when it's done for the sake of management or conservation. So to that degree we're all blood thirsty.

Certainly in this case the beast has more chance than were it to be shot from 100yds away and never knowing.

Also if you read a few accounts from safari's written by PH's and clients alike it's a fact that whether you're using .416 Rigby's, 500, 600 or 700 Nitro's a miss at that range is very common (through fear), also bullet placement is still absolutely vital if you require to drop the beast immediately, which clearly you must when operating in "whites-of-the-eyes" territory. So indeed the beast has more chance than one would first suppose.

Bear in mind also that often these shots have to be taken with the shooter standing inside briar and thorn patches, which in no way stop a charging large animal. So if you don't get it right first time you can't just hope to leg it.... you're simply dead (probably). I feel that few of the clips shown that involved a second shot actually needed it, but in that position myself I'd probably have been keen to get a second one off just to be sure!

Injury and fatality figures for those that indulge in this sort of safari are very high, so chalk one up for the animals! I doubt that shooting from more traditional ranges ever results in an injury to the hunters?

In short I'm undecided, but I can see an argument for saying it IS respectful of the quarry.

its no my cup of tea :P i cant see how they get off on it my self but its there sport not mine so i cant realy knock it as they would not be into what im into ,iv been over there my self just to look not kill when i came back i was going to pack up shooting it changed me that much,its like shooting cows in a field its not sport at all ,give me pests every time they are a lot smarter than some dum hippo

I know what your saying sarge and rob, i can see the conservation side of it. I guess it's no different to the game farming what we do, it's just on a much larger scale and yes, mark one up for the animals. Close range shooting like that must have it's drawbacks, you miss your dead!! Not my cup of tea :P

• 2 weeks later...

So why did we see a ******** at the start of the movie who seems to think that big cartridges and a knife are"COOL" :<

Not my bag at all I know one guy who paid £5k just for a licence to shoot an elephant and if he don`t then he don`t get it back.

Good on the local economy but guys who get a kick out of that........sorry speachless( :( )