hunt's seam to be ignoring ledgislation??????

pheasent plucker

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately, your views are irrelevant.

Some may find the idea of a man travelling abroad to pointlessly slaughter wild boar either barbaric or simply in poor taste. Was your trip social..? Was it pest control..?

Not my view point, but don't be so quick to point the finger elsewhere. It would be wise to remember that to the anti's, we're all murdering scum, whether it be rifle, shotgun or hound.

i travelled abroad to meet my girlfriends family; her brother took me along on a hunting trip to hunt boar which are eaten by the hunters families, who are mostly poor and a little extra meat goes a long way. tell me, do you eat foxes? and i should point out that the animals are killed as quickly and as cleanly as possible (which is why ive been looking for a large calibre boar rifle), and not shredded by a pack of hounds.

i agree, to anti's were all murdering scum. i never said anything to contradict that, and if you read my first post i said i would support the ban 100% EXCEPT for the fact i dont like any restrictions being placed on hunting at all, because we'd be next. i have no problem with foxes being killed in itself, the manner in which they are killed is what i dont like.

yes, im sure my views are irrelevant, as are yours, and everyones else on this forum. but thats my opinion, and i didnt know i wasnt allowed to post it. forum rules must have changed again without me realising... :good:

My experiance with my local hunt is most of the riders do what they like , when they like and sod the real countryside sportsmen. The year before last they set a drag hunt through a SSSI using a quad bike in late March. Causing nesting waterfowl to dessert and the bike wheels crushed big areas of bluebells and other wild flowers which were then killed by a hard frost the next night. Two years on and the bluebells have not recovered with just grass growing in the wheel ruts. The best of it was they did not have permission to be there in the first place. Some hunts may be well run but a lot are not as the posts on here show.

Edited by anser2

And isn't it just brilliant to see them doing so !!!

well said hunt till you die i say the anti hunting ban is a load of old ******** and a infringment to basic human rights what goes on in the country should stay in the country not in westminister as with every stupid law somewhere there is a loophole and hunts are exploiting it and i say fair play

so youre saying im wrong to not like fox hunting because im a hunter, even though, as i said im my previous post, due to a fox hunt - WHO WERE TRESPASSING - we had sheep that threw their lambs after fox hounds chased them, and the hunt master tried to trample me with a horse? the only thing that stopped me shooting the hounds chasing the sheep was the huntmaster and his horse being in my way!

apart from all that i think its barbaric, no other term for it, and i dont care if i sound like an anti by saying that. going out for a couple of hours some night with a rifle and a lamp is far more productive than playing charge of the light brigade on horses all day, so you cant even use the old pest control argument. as for it being a social event? go to a pub! if i posted a video of my rottweiler ripping a fox to shreds id get called a sick ****** and probably get banned. :good:

I never said you have to like foxhunting, and that would be very unlikely as you know nothing about it as you have only based an opinion of it from an isolated incident and what you have read in the papers.Like someone else has said i may find you going abroad to shoot pigs barbaric but i wouldnt slag the whole thing off if i hadnt tried it myself.And for your information there is nothing more certain and instant then when a pack of hounds catches a fox,it is instant certain death and this can not be said of a fox that has been shot by some muppet that doesnt know what he is doing.

The pest control argument for hunting is in my experience more of a managment thing.Most of the foxes that are caught by a hunt are either old,injured or diseased.The fittest survive.If you know anything about foxes then you will know that the ones that cause the most problems to farmers are the old,injured and diseased !The fit healthy foxes can when hungry catch their own food,rabbits and the like.They will take chickens and lambs sometimes unlike the unfit foxes that have to scavange and steal food "all" the time to survive.So the hunt does serve as a pest control tool and it targets the biggest pests.

As for saying it is not a social event..what do you call it when a load of people get together and do something ?I thought it was a social event.PS you can keep your video of your rotty ripping a fox to bits to yourself...I find that barbaric.

i travelled abroad to meet my girlfriends family; her brother took me along on a hunting trip to hunt boar which are eaten by the hunters families, who are mostly poor and a little extra meat goes a long way. tell me, do you eat foxes? and i should point out that the animals are killed as quickly and as cleanly as possible (which is why ive been looking for a large calibre boar rifle), and not shredded by a pack of hounds.

i agree, to anti's were all murdering scum. i never said anything to contradict that, and if you read my first post i said i would support the ban 100% EXCEPT for the fact i dont like any restrictions being placed on hunting at all, because we'd be next. i have no problem with foxes being killed in itself, the manner in which they are killed is what i dont like.

yes, im sure my views are irrelevant, as are yours, and everyones else on this forum. but thats my opinion, and i didnt know i wasnt allowed to post it. forum rules must have changed again without me realising... :good:

Babby a pack of hounds will kill a fox as quick as any any rifle. When you see the pack ragging the fox it's well dead. It's a fine way to control foxes ;)

How many foxes take a bullet in the back end and take hours to die in a ditch? That's the doggy men's argument.

What's your views on digging and snaring?

I always thought that the idea of the hunt was the hunt itself, like you explained the weak,old and ill get caught which is without doubt a true cull in every sense of the word, so why do hunt staff have to turn in sets before the day begins shorly when the fox gets to ground that should be the end of that chase one nill to the fox,stopping the fox going to ground is cheating shorly,or digging them out as alot of hunts do, that is not sporting,or putting them on land the night before a hunt is due to hunt.

On our shoot i was pigeon shooting one morning and say the hunts landy come round to back fill the sets and 10 mins after he left the field i saw 3 foxes come out of a covert wander over the brook over to my side, 1/2 hr later the hunt came through and 1/2 hr after that all 3 foxes went back to the covert, i would not have beleived it if i had not seen it myself.

I believe hunting in its true form is magestic, but these days they are no better that gipos badger bateing.

let um get on with it!!!!! theres far too much money in shootin for um to stop it!!!! do you not think this government should turn its attention to more serious issues?;) did you see moron brown gettin pampered on the plane?:lol: he needs to get a grip b4 this country really is done for!!! :good:

My experiance with my local hunt is most of the riders do what they like , when they like and sod the real countryside sportsmen. The year before last they set a drag hunt through a SSSI using a quad bike in late March. Causing nesting waterfowl to dessert and the bike wheels crushed big areas of bluebells and other wild flowers which were then killed by a hard frost the next night. Two years on and the bluebells have not recovered with just grass growing in the wheel ruts. The best of it was they did not have permission to be there in the first place. Some hunts may be well run but a lot are not as the posts on here show.

shame about the bluebells aspecially as they dont kill chickens or lambs.

let um get on with it!!!!! theres far too much money in shootin for um to stop it!!!! do you not think this government should turn its attention to more serious issues?;) did you see moron brown gettin pampered on the plane?:lol: he needs to get a grip b4 this country really is done for!!! :good:

Unfortunately the 'we'll be alright' attitude will be the death of field sports.

FM

I always thought that the idea of the hunt was the hunt itself, like you explained the weak,old and ill get caught which is without doubt a true cull in every sense of the word, so why do hunt staff have to turn in sets before the day begins shorly when the fox gets to ground that should be the end of that chase one nill to the fox,stopping the fox going to ground is cheating shorly,or digging them out as alot of hunts do, that is not sporting,or putting them on land the night before a hunt is due to hunt.

On our shoot i was pigeon shooting one morning and say the hunts landy come round to back fill the sets and 10 mins after he left the field i saw 3 foxes come out of a covert wander over the brook over to my side, 1/2 hr later the hunt came through and 1/2 hr after that all 3 foxes went back to the covert, i would not have beleived it if i had not seen it myself.

I believe hunting in its true form is magestic, but these days they are no better that gipos badger bateing.

Your idea of the hunt is a media and to some extent some of the fields idea of the hunt,IE to gallop around the countryside and have a jolly good time.

Then there is the farmers,master,whipper in,terrier man etc.. idea of the hunt.Make no mistake they are looking to find chase and kill fox.The reason you see the hunt landy blocking sets is because those weak,old ill foxes will go to ground straight away.In the good old days of freedom,if the farmer was having particular problems with foxes it would be dug and shot or if there was another farm to visit that day that was having trouble it may be left and the hunt would move on.

I could tell you all the ins and out of hunts but i suspect you know most of it.

I havent been hunting for years, but only because i havent had time really. Anyhow where im from there are no horses just 3 or 4 blokes, maybe a gun or 2, 4 or 5 terriers about 25 pairs of hounds, and a hell of a lot of walking up screes and rockpiles! It was really exciting as far as i remember and me and my friend used to get far more of a buzz hearing the hounds pick up the scent in some trees and watching them cross a mountain than from any shooting trip! the noise was great! We were kids, and out with the hound at about 7am, if i have kids id rather they were out hunting and getting some fresh air and excersise instead of sitting on a playstation!

I did however work on an estate in the midlands a couple of years ago and went hunting once there, didnt like it much, about 80 people standing in a big circle around a copse in a field clapping to stop the foxes coming out, while the hounds were inside catching foxes, you could hear them but not see them! was boring, cold, stupid amount of 4x4s on the field, a load of toffs! and they only killed a couple of foxes!!

sp

the hounds had to be dragged away from our sheep (they were pregnant ewes, lost a few lambs due to it), then the hunt master tried to get his horse to kick me after i pointed out they were hunting illegally!

There's certainly an element to the hunting fraturnity that will ruin it for the rest. They like the hardened lot at LACS/others look upon what they are doing with a slightly slanted if not twisted view. I've seen Huntsmen from local hunts jump off horses and start fights, whip people with camcorders get their horse to tread on people. Once saw whilst in Devon a group of followers set upon a load of young protesting lads, two being put in hospital. In the same light l've spoken to hunt workers who've see hounds poisoned, horses stabbed, cars burnt out.....what sort of world do we live in!!!:good:

Trouble is with hunting (and this is someone who followed from being a child till mid teens - religiously) there are the elements that like the protestors think they are above the law, and can do anything they please.

Blabby, if l was you l'd got a stick and cracked the huntsmans horse in the tackle and then watched him try to stay on as it would of tried to near kill him.

In answer to the origional question - undoubtly stopping happens, and bagged foxes are released, they just relaxed the laws on hunting with the complete hash they made of the involvement of terrier to flush (i.e. you can use a soft terrier to flush not a hard one?!?!?!?!!?!). End of the day l saw a fit healthy fox that has been bagged and released if fit, does stand a good chance of getting away, considering their explodential growth over the last 4 years l dont think the hunts are having any real affect.

T

PS you can keep your video of your rotty ripping a fox to bits to yourself...I find that barbaric.

my dog has never riped a fox apart, i was trying to explain how i see fox hunting. and it wasnt an isolated incident with that hunt, it was several :good:

Babby, if l was you l'd got a stick and cracked the huntsmans horse in the tackle and then watched him try to stay on as it would of tried to near kill him.

didnt need a stick, i had a shotgun in my hand, he soon realised it wasnt a good idea.

look, my opinion is simple. i dont like seeing dogs rip apart any animal. as far as im concerned theres no difference between a pack of hounds ripping a fox apart than IF my rottie ripped one apart - and no, its never happened, and it never will. but blackbart, whats the difference between a hound killing a fox and a rottweiler, or a labrador, or a german shepherd, killing one? a dogs a dog, so if you see one as being barbaric... well thats up to you to work out.

yes, the hounds will kill a fox instantly, if the fox doesnt get away, but only IF it doesnt get away. i have seen a fox that has escaped from a hunt with half its tail ripped off, not in the papers (which i rarely read OR believe) but on another one of those fun occasions when i had the hunters in. you talk about rifles dazza? a rifle when used properly will kill a fox stone dead. but the thing about it is, it doesnt chase the fox for a mile or two (causing god knows what distress to it) before shooting it. fox appears, bang, its dead, doesnt know whats hit it. i try to minimise the amount of distress and pain i cause to the animals i kill, which is why i use firearms. is it wrong for me to dislike anything that, from what ive seen first hand, doesnt? :lol:

but as i said thats my opinion, thats all it is. if you dont like it, fine, you dont have to. ive tried to be logical and reasonable in my arguments (maybe not totally successful) but there you go. ;)

my dog has never riped a fox apart, i was trying to explain how i see fox hunting. and it wasnt an isolated incident with that hunt, it was several :unsure:

didnt need a stick, i had a shotgun in my hand, he soon realised it wasnt a good idea.

look, my opinion is simple. i dont like seeing dogs rip apart any animal. as far as im concerned theres no difference between a pack of hounds ripping a fox apart than IF my rottie ripped one apart - and no, its never happened, and it never will. but blackbart, whats the difference between a hound killing a fox and a rottweiler, or a labrador, or a german shepherd, killing one? a dogs a dog, so if you see one as being barbaric... well thats up to you to work out.

yes, the hounds will kill a fox instantly, if the fox doesnt get away, but only IF it doesnt get away. i have seen a fox that has escaped from a hunt with half its tail ripped off, not in the papers (which i rarely read OR believe) but on another one of those fun occasions when i had the hunters in. you talk about rifles dazza? a rifle when used properly will kill a fox stone dead. but the thing about it is, it doesnt chase the fox for a mile or two (causing god knows what distress to it) before shooting it. fox appears, bang, its dead, doesnt know whats hit it. i try to minimise the amount of distress and pain i cause to the animals i kill, which is why i use firearms. is it wrong for me to dislike anything that, from what ive seen first hand, doesnt? :blink:

but as i said thats my opinion, thats all it is. if you dont like it, fine, you dont have to. ive tried to be logical and reasonable in my arguments (maybe not totally successful) but there you go. :wacko:

Your right its your opinion and you are entitled to it.We both have had very different experiences with hunts and i have never seen hounds chase sheep or a fox escape a pack of hounds after being caught.The burns report(which the government ignored)concluded that fox hunting did not cause undue suffering to the fox,but that is bye the bye as it was never based on animal welfare.Most foxes get away and the ones that are caught are the ones that cause most damage.

We could both go on and on but i have had conversations with anti hunt supporters while out hunting some civil some not so and at least you havent threatened to kill me,my children,burn my house,stick a cam corder in my face or try and push my car into a ditch with a landrover(all of which have happened)

Thanks for being civil about it and i respect your opinion.

i dont understand i thought were ment to show respect to quarry, i dnt consider chasing a fox threw fields with dogs respect the fox is running for its life scared wich is stressing it where as shotting a fox they dnt know its coming thats shows more respect in my opinion

i beleive that shooting them is far more humain and less distructive to the land, the amount of times we have had to go into the estate after the hunt have been through to mend fences they have knocked down or walls they have pushed over, even clipping barbed wire to get through rather that use the bloody gate,the man and the rifle don't leave a trail of distruction, and not even a sorry from the hunt or a offer of componsation for cost of repair. :unsure:

Your right its your opinion and you are entitled to it.We both have had very different experiences with hunts and i have never seen hounds chase sheep or a fox escape a pack of hounds after being caught.The burns report(which the government ignored)concluded that fox hunting did not cause undue suffering to the fox,but that is bye the bye as it was never based on animal welfare.Most foxes get away and the ones that are caught are the ones that cause most damage.

We could both go on and on but i have had conversations with anti hunt supporters while out hunting some civil some not so and at least you havent threatened to kill me,my children,burn my house,stick a cam corder in my face or try and push my car into a ditch with a landrover(all of which have happened)

Thanks for being civil about it and i respect your opinion.

no way would i go down that route mate, although we have differing opinions, im still a hunter! thanks to you as well :unsure:

I have followed hounds for very many years and have never witnessed, or heard of any first hand accounts of the type of stories being related in this thread.

Hounds attacking farm livestock is especially unheard of, as in most areas they are continuously hunting through fields containing livestock, especially sheep (in my area).

With regard to the welfare of the fox, as has been said, any fox accidentally caught by hounds is killed instantly and do not escape.

On the few occasions I know of gates being damaged by followers vehicles, the Farmer was notified and paid the costs of the repairs necessary.

All Hunts make great efforts to stay on good terms with the Landowners and Farmers, as without their kind granting of land access they couldn't hunt.

Threads that appear in this form on Shooting/Country Sports Forums always make me suspicious, as even if we don't actively support other Country Sports, we rarely try to talk them into disrepute, or accuse them of openly breaking the law.

if pigeon shooting was baned but we were allowed to go into the field with a gun to scare them off and one was seen to be shot that would be unexeptable because you would be judged to know what you are doing. so why can the hunt take hunting dogs into the field and kill foxes which has been baned but it seen to be exeptable,"an accident" dropping somthing is an accident knocking something of a shelf is an accident. putting a fox hound behind a fox and the fox hound killing the fox is not an accident. why do hunts think they are above the law when they know dam well that killing foxes with dogs has been passed by legislation and deemed to be against the law? "just an observation"

because you can still drive foxes to guns and also to birds of prey, as well as hunt trails laid by a runner. Dogs being dogs though don't know the difference so there is allowance in the act to say that if they kill a fox while carrying out one of the activities mentioned then thery won't be prosecuted. Dogs being dogs prefer foxes to trails so "accidents" do happen, Its all legal and means people can still enjoy their sport

if pigeon shooting was baned but we were allowed to go into the field with a gun to scare them off and one was seen to be shot that would be unexeptable because you would be judged to know what you are doing. so why can the hunt take hunting dogs into the field and kill foxes which has been baned but it seen to be exeptable,"an accident" dropping somthing is an accident knocking something of a shelf is an accident. putting a fox hound behind a fox and the fox hound killing the fox is not an accident. why do hunts think they are above the law when they know dam well that killing foxes with dogs has been passed by legislation and deemed to be against the law? "just an observation"

Hounds are not placed behind foxes and nor have they ever been.Foxes are caught by accident because the hounds are following a trail scent and a real fox gets up and the hounds chase that instead.Now you could say the trail has been deliberately set near likely fox lie ups, but i could say you deliberately pushed that thing off the shelf or you dropped that thing on purpose.Accidents are a matter of opinion and yours may differ.

If it bothers you so much become a so called hunt monitor(if you arent already)and then you can see what goes on.

Personaly i think you are a troll "just my observation"