What's going on in this aerial picture?

Markio

i wondered if it was graves for the cattle during the foot and mouth ? (stab in the dark)

I doubt theyd risk putting them that close to a mian road. as far as I can remember during the last outbreak most were buried on an old airstrip somewhere

Edited by shot shot

i wondered if it was graves for the cattle during the foot and mouth ? (stab in the dark)

Maybe not, apparently any foot and mouth carcass burials were further down the road. But it's apopular guess but i don't think it's right.

There is an archeaological site under those fields, so my guess would be an extensive dig.

Details of the site here. The map linked in corresponds to the fields in question.

ZB

Good find, http://unlockingessex.essexcc.gov.uk/custo...mp;MediaID=2704 These fields are the right ones, but looking in from east to west. But there are still a hell of a lot of trenches.

It's the best bet so far though.

They are obviously trenches but what for? So many and all seemly exact angles.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=51.9265768&l...amp;m=a&v=2

There's even a digger at the top of the collection in the middle of digging out a new one.

Answers on a postcode.

And yes, i have run out of alcohol.

Looks as though someones had more than too many goes at trying to write the word *** in large letters on the ground and has failed miserably... :good:

Edited by p@cman

In fact i'm positive it's an Archaeological dig, if you look carefully you can see DustyFox explaining to Tony Robinson how the Geophys kit should be used as he desperately tries to influence some people in a new hobby he knows **** all about.

In fact i'm positive it's an Archaeological dig, if you look carefully you can see DustyFox explaining to Tony Robinson how the Geophys kit should be used as he desperately tries to influence some people in a new hobby he knows **** all about.

Excellent :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :D