UK Grand Masters

tosspot

working 7 days a week does not help. might get a wednesday off to put all the worsley shooters in their place when ive finished chards theory of better shooting course.

not sure on the 'you must wear a dress ' to shoot theory though. :yahoo::yahoo:

:yahoo:

Patience Glasshopper. It'll pay dividends in the end, you'll see :yahoo:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose if you are happy with a below average score then so be it, I reckon as your average is 84.9% you should have shot best part of 170. Still at your time of life you can't be blamed for slowing down and taking things steady.

PDLM,

You REALLY are an **** kisser.

No wonder Scott Greenfield had to dash off from the Essex Team Shoot early today!

UK Grand Masters 22nd, 23rd 24th and Mon 25th May.

Overall Winner was David Hughes 184.

Runner Up after shoot off Scott Greenfield.182

AA1 182.

2. Chris Broomfield 179.

3. S Nutbeam 179.

4. M Marshall 178.

5. M Vessey 177

Yes, I bet you're all saying Dave Who..??

Dave Hughes is a damn fine nice young chap from Wales, (surprise, surprise with a name like that), he was very much in contention for the Essex Masters right up until the last day, (a bit like me really.......a thoroughly nice guy :oops::oops: ).

Now, for all you Cheryl fans, get this...........she did an 86 on the lane layout, (in pretty poor weather, followed by a 92 in the valley).....!!!!!!!!!!

That's a 178, according to my abacus, she beat me by 14 birds on the hardest layout. :good::lol:

I reckon if I shot that layout 10 times I couldn't shoot a 92, so well done that Gal...!!!, she yet again stuffed most of the blokes..!! :lol::sly:

That's also hot on the heels of a 93 yesterday at Upavon, and that's normally no easy layout.

I'm going to try and find out what she has for breakfast, 'cos we're both shooting the Belgium Compact Sporting Grand Prix next weekend, should be a good laugh, I'll be doing plenty of shooting, (in between drinking loads of their beer and molesting their women..!! :oops::oops: ).

Anyway, thanks to Mung & MC for their kind words, shoots like this are a good benchmark to determine just how well you're shooting over a pretty tough layout, let's all hope for a good competition next year, perhaps we'll tempt Chard down from Corrie Country, if he can get away from the "Skeet in the trees" Worsley Grunge..!!

Cat.

I'm going to try and find out what she has for breakfast,

Cat.

Leaving that research a little late aren't you, surely the only reason she is taking you is to make her breakfast and act like a butler catering to her every need.

Thanks for the nice comments all. I thought that the shoot was fantastic and looking forward now to the classic after Belgium of course. I thought that the Valley layout was mega and Dave definatly did a wicked job setting the targets which did catch many people out. Let's bring it on for next year and hopefully they will do another UK masters at Southdown only bigger and better. I for one will be looking forward to that in 2010.

Now as to what I eat for breakfast well that's easy - I don't usually. I always get up and get to where I am going then mid day have something ie the cheese on toast at southdown is the best or don't bother having anything at all. Depends what the mood brings.

Cat - I reckon that you shot well matey especially since this must be the 4th or 5th competition you have shot with your new gun! What a result!!!

I am sure that Belgium is going to be great and can't wait to shoot some compak and obviously have some Vino to follow for Tricky's birthday bash.

Cheryl

I reckon if I shot that layout 10 times I couldn't shoot a 92, so well done that Gal...!!!, she yet again stuffed most of the blokes..!! :lol::lol:

That's also hot on the heels of a 93 yesterday at Upavon, and that's normally no easy layout.

Methinks Cheryl likes loopers based on those scores, well shot :good:

Now as to what I eat for breakfast well that's easy - I don't usually. I always get up and get to where I am going then mid day have something ie the cheese on toast at southdown is the best or don't bother having anything at all.

Well I can't see that catching on in Essex :good: