Mexican Flue

Boromir

They haven't made a lot out of it so far that I've seen other than cautioning travelers to Mexico to take care. It does raise some potential issues, especially in the southwestern US as there is a BIG illegal immigration problem so if folks with the disease start hopping the fence it could become a problem.

I hear a flight attendant from British Airways has been quarantined after showing symptoms when landing in this country so it`s here. Time to start stocking up on ammunition now before everyone starts turning into zombies or sneezing over me or something.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

Hi

We in the medical trade have been planning for this for the past few years, and were not that ready, I could'nt even order the body bags.

If it hit's am staying home for a few weeks and not answering the door. Hope 2000 rounds is enough, might go and get another 2K when I get back to the UK.

Woody

I am hoping that this passes us by, as the British livestock industry remains in a precarious state. I understand that the US Centre for Disease Control has yet to give a definite verdict on the samples provided.

Bear in mind that the genetic gap between pigs and humans is significantly less than that of poultry and humans (re the Avian 'Flu scares).

seeing as how flu killed anywhere from 20 to 40 million in 1918 without "easy global" transportation and subsequent ease of spreading of the virus, its only a matter of time before one strain kicks off big style, if it does please let the politicians of this world world get it first? before they can tax it.

KW

Some of you old boys, like me, might remember the Swine flu from the mid to late 70's, well it is back but is rapidly mutating. The US CDC has always talked of another Pandemic like the one in 1918. It never was 'IF' but when is it going to happen again.

Hi

We in the medical trade have been planning for this for the past few years, and were not that ready, I could'nt even order the body bags.

There was some goverment bloke on the telly thie evening saying the UK (goverment) is the second best equiped for such emergencys!!!!

Well given that we ran out of road salt on day one for the "BIG freeze" I do not hold up much hope for the goverment helping me out in this....or much else either!

Me thinks the "home selter" is not looking such a daft idea now!

Got reports from Hong Kong USA Mexico UK Canada and god knows how many other countries. Anyone seen the tv series survivers ? Looks very familiar!!

In all serious you might want to grab a couple of boxes of buckshot if you can guys. Just incase :good: Might also be worth looking into staying away from the general population if need be! Might have to book a few weeks stalking in the highlands B)

I'm with jammie dodger on this one. I thought it was going to advice on how to look after your chiminea or something. Anyhow, having realised that it isn't I may as well do my bit to ensure wide spread panic so that the whordes pour on to the streets, screaming, and buy up all the bread and milk. Why do people do that?

Anyway, after the dismal failure of the Swiss scientists trying to engulf the planet into a black hole of their own making, I reckon this is it! This is the big one! This will be mother nature's way of controlling the human populous as we haven't done it ourselves. Sure, you can blame the catholics for that but I think it goes deeper.

I reckon we'll be whittled down to sensible numbers without knowing why some of us don't get infected. I've seen this kinda thing in films so it must be true. Anyway, I also heard it from a bloke down the pub so I'm totally convinced.

I'm off to run screaming throught the streets to my local One-Stop and buy all the bread and milk they have.