Gun Cabinets

JohnnyBravo

Fairly new to the sport but I'm about to get my 1st gun. I know I need to get a gun cabinet 1st but I'm not sure which one to get! People keep telling me that I should a cabinet for at least 5 guns as I will get hooked and before long I will have more than 1 gun. Really unsure as to what to buy.

The two I am looking at are

DELETED FOR SPAMMING

I really have no idea what I should be paying for a good cabinet or where I should I buy it from, I also have no idea what manufacture to pick. All help very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Cranfield

Never too cheap!!!

Go for what you think you will fill, but if you are on a budget you obviously want to save on a cabinet to spend on a gun.

Brattonsound make solid units, and their delivery is top!

Remeber if you are, or wish to go down the FAC route you will either need a separate safe for ammo, or one of the safes with locable topbox.

£172 with vat,

I went for a 3 gun which I am happy with - you can always upgrade later on if you feel the need, and gun cabinets are always in demand do you wouldn't lose much on it or anything at all if you buy second hand

:hmm:

I have the extra deep 5 slot brattonsound cabinet with lock top, good quality safe, and as everyone has already said, you'll be suprised how quickly you fill it, mine has 3 shotguns and 4 rifles ... (Yes with a bit of creativity you can get 7 in), The lock top swallows a huge amount of section 1 ammo too..

Another shout for Paul Hart here. I got my RL7+ off him at a great price. He can get factory seconds which are a good buy. Usually have a very small dent in them but can't be sold as perfect. All are solid and still approved.

I would say get the biggest you can fit in the space you've allowed for it. My RL7+ is tight now, although I only have 6 guns in it it's nice to be able to get them in and out without hitting the gun next to it! I actually got a small split in my laminate stocked Tikka T3 from the door frame of my safe :lol:

Just make sure whatever cab you get has plently of room, both width and height. I have a 3 gun with locking top safe and I can only just get my gun in there diagonally, reason is that the latest gun is a 32", has extended chokes, and a 15.5" LOP. A few inches extra height would be nice indeed.

Obviously, no worries if you are shooting a 28" or rifles.

Hi All,

New to this forum and I thought i'd give this thread a bump. I was keen on Brattonsound RL5+, and at 149+ vat thought it was a good price, but then found that the thesafeshop.co.uk were doing a price match with double the difference. I emailed them and they've honoured the deal so I've just ordered mine for a total cost of £152.95 inc delivery. FEO coming round next week so hopefully all being well I'll be able to fill it up soon.

Nathan