Is this ...........?

jonno 357

i have no issue with the actual video, sounds like some sort of silenced centerfire, the damage isnt actually that impressive for a centerfire.....or maybe a 17hmr

i think as this is a secure part of the site that it is slightly better, but i still would say that its just ammunition for the anti's as there are a few botched shots in there, thankfully its not from this country

just my personal feeling

Edited by dunganick

I'm afraid if that turns you on, well i'm dissapointed. We can all kill and no doubt most of it in these clips were clean, but *** don't try to turn our lifestyle in to an American dream.

I'm sure the rifle boys like it, but not me, and I have killed more Vermin of all species than most, and don't like sensalisation, it does nothing for the future of feild sports.

Pretty juvenile and stinks of the wrong morales to me. I agree with Mack and Paul, Dunganick while well versed, should remain on the range.

Sorry.

Cheers

Hammy

I agree with Hammy..

Pest control is one thing.... wanton blood lust is another... I dont think your average american Hunter has much between the ears and certainly doesnt know the meaning of the word "Sportsman"

I think the ammo most of them used is Testosterone charged and propbably equates to the average penis size with shell cases less than 2ins long.

Such waste.

FM.

Pest control is one thing.... wanton blood lust is another... I dont think your average american Hunter has much between the ears and certainly doesnt know the meaning of the word "Sportsman"

Mike, that is a very sweeping statement and I wonder how many American Hunters you have met.

I am friends with quite a few and have found them to be at least as responsible as their English counterparts, if not more so.

Also, consider how many of the Firearm owners that post on this site would liked to have made that video.

I can think of a few.

Mike, that is a very sweeping statement and I wonder how many American Hunters you have met.

Loads, and they all appeared as though they had escaped fom the cast of Deliverance.

One of my closest friends is an "ALL American Hunter" and even he admits that many of his compatriots hunting habits although within the law, are not particularly moral.

I appreciate there are some sensible Am Hunters out there but if there is sensationalism and glorification of killing either man or beast, in war or hunt then The yanks are top of the pile when it comes to bleating about it.

I shot 2 rabbits and two squirrels yesterday using a .22 air rifle all clean kills. My culture, heritage and down right humanity prevented me from using a howitzer to do this or from producing a gory video about it. I personally object to such films and cannot see any purpose in their production.

Cheers

FM.

Loads, and they all appeared as though they had escaped fom the cast of Deliverance.

I find this statement as unbelievable as your first comment.

Despite you knowing an, " ALL American Hunter", I believe you are falling into the stereotype trap.

I have fished and hunted through nine States of the USA, mostly in the company of local sportsmen and I have never seen, nor heard, of any thing that has offended my sense of sportsmanship, which is as finely tuned as anyone you have met.

Where we do agree, is that I see no place for these type of videos, nor would my American friends.

i really cant see what it is about these videos that seems to turn people on. i understand that those videos are from america, where hunting ethics might be slightly laxer, but broadcasting these clips will do no favours to shooting in this country. yes, shooting rabbits with large centrefire rifles does kill cleanly and we are legally entitled to do this, but it is a right which can be lost all to easily. althogh the open general license can be open to interpretation, rabbit shooting should be seen as a privelage. the least these "hunters" could do is give their quarry a little respect and dignity in their death.

paul

ps. i hope i dont cause any offense to anybody on this site, as i posted similarily on another forum and just seemed to recieve torrents of abuse and foul language.

:D:D:D

Jack Rabbits are considered a huge pest problem in parts of the United States. (The same as praire dogs). It is perfectly legal and I happen to know one of the hunters in the video clip which is from his DVD. He posts regularly on another forum dedicated to Varmint Hunting. He is an incredible shot, many of the shots on those videos are taken at some incredible ranges...a few over 400 yards. I've seen him shoot accurately offhand at over 250 yards at those jacks. He reloads all of his own ammuniton and shoots custom as well as factory made rifles with top shelf scopes.

Most Varmint Hunters shoot 22 centerfire ammunition (22-250, 220, 22BR) using hollowpoint or v-max type bullets to get that explosive expansion which causes that spectacular terminal effect. I happen to know that one of his favorite calibers is a 6mm-284, a very popular round for benchrest shooters.

If you got to www.huntingfootage.com there is a video clip of a hunter (from Europe, killing a moose calf that has been chased down with a dog. The dog causes the calf to be confused and unaware of the hunter. He successfully shoots and kills the calf. That type of hunting is illegal in my country, initially it sickened myself and others on that site. but, it was pointed out by the Web Master that it is a perfectly legal form of hunting in that country and should be treated as such.

Jack Rabbits, praire dogs and ground squirrels (not to mention crows, PIGEONS :D and starlings) are a huge nuisance both financially and for health reasons to ranchers and farmers across the US. Farmers and Ranchers enthusiastically welcome varmint hunters to eliminate these pests so that they don't have to use poison(s), which will keep killing even after the targeted animal is dead. Predatory birds (Bald Eagles, redtailed hawk, etc..) and scavengers will eat the dead, poisoned animal and in turn become too ill to fend for itself and/or die. Poison does not discriminate in what it kills.

I happen to own a copy of that DVD. I have shot rabbits as pests in the summer time and while you can eat summer season rabbits, they are so full of worms it looks like your eating rabbits with spaghetti. But, I was doing a favor for the rancher who had planted 45 acres of pole beans. He knew I was a very safe and accurate shot :D . If I had said "no!" I would have definitely fallen out of favor with him and I am very conscientious of 40 head of cattle meandering around the fenced in pole beans trying to find a way in.

Hmmm...no personal attack here :D

Now...back to playing my banjo...

Edited by Crowblaster

Now...back to playing my banjo...

:D:D:D

I appreciate an American with a Sense of Humour.. My posts were very much Tongue in Cheek and not meant to be offensive...

I apologise truly if I have offended any of our colonial cousins however I do feel the size of the ammunition in the clips was rather Texan in its choice :D

God Bless America :D:D

FM

everyone is concerned about the size of the shot used to kill these rabbits put yourself in the shoes of the rabbit im sure he would rather be killed stone dead with a heavy round than wounded with a .22 air rifle

cheers sean

Definately gave those bunnies a serious seeing to but I'm not convinced they appreciate being shot at all mate ;-)).

Guess it would be easy to stereotype people because of where they come from. Still having said that I've never seen anybody in the UK out deer stalking in a dayglo orange "cammo" suit just so that another hunter doesn't mistake him for a deer and shoot the hell out of him. :lol::lol:

I liked the white water rafting scene in the film

One question: WHY???

Why would anyone want to see exploding rabbits, whats the point in making such a video?

Is it so they can replay it again and again in slow motion? If so again why?

I can understand someone taking a pic of the bag after a particularly good day, I can understand someone taking a pic of a particularly good shot, what I cant understand is someone taking a video of chunks of rabbit flying through the air. Maybe I differ from some of the guys that use this forum but personally I take no enjoyment in the actual death of an animal, the hunt or the flight yes thats what makes people like us tick but few real sportsmen revel in the actual death of their quarry, in fact at the risk of taking some stick I have to admit that I am always quite saddened when I pick up my kills, at the end of the day we have just caused the death of a beautiful animal the least we can do is show it some respect.

I mean no offence to anyone but this is just my opinion.

Peregrine

Peregrine,

I thought I was the only person who feels gutted when I pick my quarry up, I was in my car the other day and watched a group of woodies flying past and thought to myself, I’m not killing them anymore.

I know I will but I agree the animals we kill are stunning creatures, which are adaptable and a joy to watch in the wild. I do love shooting, but like you say Peregrine it’s the stalk, the shot or the flight that gets the heart pumping not the death of the animal.

We have to understand though that there’s people out there who are a little tapped in the head and actually enjoy the killing of animals, they enjoy seeing lumps of flesh flying off but they are not the majority but they do exist.

These are the types that scare me, or make me concerned of what they are capable of.

The PM