Taser Incident

jonno 357

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The punching looked bad at first glance. Watched a second time - the policeman appeared to be punching the top of his arms in an attempt to get him to comply with handcuffing.

I suspect that in isolation, it looks worse than it actually was.

Erm after the second blast he did look rather incapacitated.

I reckon after a blast of 80,000 volts my arms might have trouble complying with a handcuff request. Good to see there were plenty on hand to administer another blast and then punch the cuffs on.

Yet a further incident of police brutality, hooligans in uniforms, x 3 punches to the head

Thats what I call a well balanced unbiased critique on the video.

It just goes to show how a preconception can override what your eyes see I have played the video about ten times, and there is no way that I can definitively say he was hit in the head, it appears to me that the blows land in the upper arm area near the shoulder, this is the area that is used to give the assailant (a dead arm) in order to facilitate him being handcuffed, as they are trained to do, anyway you can not tell from the video with certainty therefore I will leave it to the inquiry into the events,

Frank

He was still struggling after the first shock (when you're drunk the effects of a tazer are massively reduced) and refused to lie on his stomach or put his hands behind his back (which is why one of the Police punched him in the shoulder). Considering he's been charged with GBH on a police officer he got away very lightly. :yes:

Don't want it to happen to you? Cooperate with the Police on the street and get things sorted out back at the station with your legal rep, simples! :good:

Mark

Yet a further incident of police brutality, hooligans in uniforms, x 3 punches to the head

Comply with directions or get a 'calming chin strike' its his call - he chose the latter. People always complain after resisting arrest and getting injured in the process. To be honest if it where bloke on bloke (rather than bloke on police - who have to use home office approved restraint techniques) there would have been plenty more punches being thrown.

I say the police should fight with reciprocity - You punch them they punch you back. Would save a lot of this anti police 'liberty' rubbish. Some people need to get a life and face up to the fact that police have to deal with the unsavouries of society and quite often they resist arrest.

Edited by Newsportshooter

Thats what I call a well balanced unbiased critique on the video.

It just goes to show how a preconception can override what your eyes see I have played the video about ten times, and there is no way that I can definitively say he was hit in the head, it appears to me that the blows land in the upper arm area near the shoulder, this is the area that is used to give the assailant (a dead arm) in order to facilitate him being handcuffed, as they are trained to do, anyway you can not tell from the video with certainty therefore I will leave it to the inquiry into the events,

Frank

Not convinced 2 x jolts from a tazer and no dead arm, over zealous thugs in uniform, in the old days people didnt have camera phones, the police have to be policed, they've been getting away with this sort of thing for far to long, this kind of brutality has to stop, just because they wear a uniform doesnt put them above the law.

Not convinced 2 x jolts from a tazer and no dead arm, over zealous thugs in uniform, in the old days people didnt have camera phones, the police have to be policed, they've been getting away with this sort of thing for far to long, this kind of brutality has to stop, just because they wear a uniform doesnt put them above the law.

Methinks you have more fish to fry than you are saying, the majority of the posts on this incident appear to be reasonable and as they are all not aware of the facts of the incident they seem to be taking a measured stance.

You seem to have all the facts and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what happened they are thugs and you are right.

It must be great to be right all the time.

Frank

Methinks you have more fish to fry than you are saying, the majority of the posts on this incident appear to be reasonable and as they are all not aware of the facts of the incident they seem to be taking a measured stance.

You seem to have all the facts and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what happened they are thugs and you are right.

It must be great to be right all the time.

Frank

When you clench your fist and strike a prone man on the floor 3 times with three of your colleagues offering assistance the facts speak for themselves, this can only be classed as brutality and therefore the offending so called officer should be hauled in as any common thug would be. Where are the police trained to restarain a man by using there clenched fist at four on to one, also using a tazer.

I would be interested to know a little about the guy who was tazered.Was he an upstanding chappy who just had a few to many drinks,or was he a nasty violent guy who deserved all he got.Now i know there no excuse for violent behaviour from the old bill or indeed anyone else,but that guy must have done something tretty extreme for 4 rozzers to have dealt with him like that. The officers must have known they were being watched by dozens of witnesses,it wasnt like they sneaked him down a back alley and kicked the **** out of him.

Im sure we will here more about the WHOLE incident not just the bit we all saw.

RH

Re the punching

it was VERY CLEARLY a controlled "dead arm" strike

NOT with the full force that could have been exerted

one could see the officer was "pulling" his punches

BUt

USELESS twazzocks, the officers present, appeared to be leastwise.

as they officers appeared to be scared of getting hurt, keeping at a safe distance, not prepared to engage properly

Need 18 stone with an 18" neck, and perhaps a size 18 boot to boot

and yes a bit of background would be in order, the "victims" background? , record? immediately previous physical conduct?, verbal would be good too, ETC ETC

Cheers

youall

M

We expect our police to keep law and order on the streets of this country ,so that we as law abiding citizens can go about our business safely . The police have been issued taser guns to help them to subdue the violent and dangerous minority that infest our lives and would do us harm just by being there .

When the police use force to subdue a violent person then there is an outcry from the bleeding heart liberals shouting police brutality . I dont know the story behind this incident in Nottingham ,but you can stake your life that the man who was tased was not an ordinary joe walking home from work minding his own business .

Any body who has had to subdue violent dangerous men will know how difficult it is even when you have that person out numbered . I do speak from bitter experiance on this matter as i was very seriously injured helping to restrain a very violent dangerous man .

Dont go knocking the police because they have had to use force to arrest a violent person , if they had not used force to arrest him , they themselfs or members of the public would proberbly have been injured .

I personally expect the police to rid our streets of the violent people who would do us harm , and i tell you now i dont care if some of this scum is hurt when they are clearing them off the streets .

Harnser .

This thread's got legs....

I guess you have to ask, was this guy standing in the street with his cravat and cigarette holder musing away the wee hours and watching the world go by? Possibly not. That video doesn't show the whole story. As said, if his previous response was to harm a copper then a 'strong' reaction was just going to happen. Without the complete story we have no idea if this was a last ditch effort to restrain a complete loony or just police brutality/over reaction.

Edited by Markio

As with many police techniques and these street situations....never look good on video, and always appear one sided.

Chap being arrested had already committed GBH and an officer was injured. Door staff at a club had requested police assistance due to the aggressive male.

The punching was to the arm, probably fore arm muscles, approved technique. Want you cant see is that the male is most likely gripping his hands to prevent being cuffed. He clearly isnt going to come quietly, and the officers dealing clearly felt there was a risk.

I have been tasered and I can 100% say I would choose being tasered over being battoned or even sprayed. Taser sure is unpleasant, but when it stops you are fine. A good baton-ing could mean weeks of pain/injury.

The talkover on the Sky news clip was ********, I am not aware of any deaths that have been linked directly to the leccy side of things as far as Taser is concerned. Iirc, the deaths have been as a result of head injury when falling. Still better than a baton round or a 9mm.

What has not been said is that the 'red dot' effect has lead to most jobs being sorted no problem without having to discharge. If someone is willing to take the tasering rather than the option to comply with officer commands, then you have to consider what danger these people are likely to pose to the police and public. You want them getting away with violence on your streets?

cops are there to do a job and a job they did , guy was ressiting so they controlled him , it was in nottingham alot of gun crime so the taser as the easiest way to do it , i think they should bring the laws in like they do in america , if that was america the guy would have been tasered cracked on the head a few times with a batton 6 huge guys jumped on his back and banged up for 5 years , this country is too soft on people ! they give cops guns and tasers in this country but if u use them u get critosized and face losing your job for it , cop in america shoots someone and gets a medal !! i no if i was a cop and had some drunk / drugged idiot going for me i would wrap the kosh round there head :good:

Interesting. I see that the chap has already been found guilty of GBH and assaulting an officer. I must have missed that bit.

I have an electric fly swat run off 2 x 1.5 v AA batteries. I have touched the business end of that and it's given me a dead arm for an hour. Okay I got it from Romford market and it's as CE compliant as anthranx but I get the gist that a good tazing is probably enough to drop a man to the floor, drunk or otherwise.

I can only call it as I see it on the video.

Man's resisting and gets zapped - fair do's. He has his back to the camera and doesn't appear to be struggling any more, but he gets another belt - a good few seconds I would add if you listen to the sound. He is then not moving. He then gets jumped on and a pounding.

I wouldn't be so daft as to suggest that people don't get drunk and fisty, nor would I be so daft as to suggest that police officers never over do it.

Looks a bit rough; so it's a good job the IPCC can have a look see to make sure that all is well and above board.

As with many police techniques and these street situations....never look good on video, and always appear one sided.

Chap being arrested had already committed GBH and an officer was injured. Door staff at a club had requested police assistance due to the aggressive male.

The punching was to the arm, probably fore arm muscles, approved technique. Want you cant see is that the male is most likely gripping his hands to prevent being cuffed. He clearly isnt going to come quietly, and the officers dealing clearly felt there was a risk.

I have been tasered and I can 100% say I would choose being tasered over being battoned or even sprayed. Taser sure is unpleasant, but when it stops you are fine. A good baton-ing could mean weeks of pain/injury.

The talkover on the Sky news clip was ********, I am not aware of any deaths that have been linked directly to the leccy side of things as far as Taser is concerned. Iirc, the deaths have been as a result of head injury when falling. Still better than a baton round or a 9mm.

What has not been said is that the 'red dot' effect has lead to most jobs being sorted no problem without having to discharge. If someone is willing to take the tasering rather than the option to comply with officer commands, then you have to consider what danger these people are likely to pose to the police and public. You want them getting away with violence on your streets?

the deaths have been as a result of head injury when falling. Still better than a baton round or a 9mm.

:good::yes::hmm::):hmm: