Done a man thing ......

Cosd

Ok so it's my 16th wedding anniversary this Saturday and I haven't bought the wife anything yet :good:

Usually we go out but this time round we have a family Christening starting at 4:00 so by the time we get back it would be too late to take her out and we don't leave the kids alone yet when it's dark (12 + 13 years old).

Got the day off tomorrow, first stop is the florist to get flowers delivered first thing Saturday. But totally stuck from there on!

Help me out guys and gals!!

Edited by Cosd

Is there a Show she would like to see, a special place she would like to visit, dinner on the Orient Express, or something really special ?

Then book it and announce the "treat" (probably too late to get tickets to give her) on Saturday.

Its my experience that Wives like something to look forward to, almost better than the instant present. :good:

Also, when you choose a card, get one where the words almost make you throw up.

The more nauseous the words, it seems the better women like them. :lol:

Sound advice from Cranfield. No wonder that guy's a moderator.

Dinner on the Orient Express is quite pricey. I got my Other Half a gliding session for ours the other week and she was over the moon with it.

Maybe something a little less ordinary?

Flowers are always good. My other half absolutely adores flowers. Generally get a bouquet for £30 - £40 and they always turn out really well.

Edited by Doc Holliday

If your looking for something different that wont break the bank,go into your WH Smiths they do adventure day packages,hot air ballooning,drive a tank,racing car that sort of thing,and you can book when suits you,maybe when the kids are at school! i think they even do clay shooting(but can you get away with that?)worth a look mate.

Also, when you choose a card, get one where the words almost make you throw up.

The more nauseous the words, it seems the better women like them. :good:

Love it Cranfield, I just walk into a card shop and buy the first one that catches my eye - that's so embrassing I need a bag to carry it in. Then after she has openned it - move it up to the top shelf, so noboby can read it.

Why is it that men really get stressed trying to 'get it right' about wife dates etc and we have to pretend to be pleased about wives getting another 3-pair of 'socks' out again for us year on year (xmas, b/day, dads day). So that's why Marks & Sparks sell them in packs of x3 :lol:

Mind

i once sent the then girlfriend / now wife a blank (signed, gulp) cheque through the post

Then realized what I had done

But it arrived OK

I'd have been more relieved if the postman had stolen it!

:good:

Nial

And to think the Yanks wasted a fortune on the Apollo missions

Wheras your wife managed the moon and back in a glider

ie to quote

"I got my Other Half a gliding session for ours the other week and she was over the moon with it". :good:

Only half a gliding lesson, that is not very fair if she had to get out half way through.

Get her a boob job; a nice set of bolt on Jordans - that's the present that keeps on giving and something you can both enjoy.

cant fault your thought process Mung, I would only add with the Proviso if you split up you can visit them at weekends :good: