Legal Highs

norfolk dumpling

At last a real move to do something about this huge and growing problem. Kids are dying and the dealers/manufacturers are getting rich. My initial reaction to the drafting of this legislation is one of relief - any mind altering substance other than alcohol, tobacco, coffee etc now out (other than for commercial/medical purposes - Teresa May for the next PM?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At last a real move to do something about this huge and growing problem. Kids are dying and the dealers/manufacturers are getting rich. My initial reaction to the drafting of this legislation is one of relief - any mind altering substance other than alcohol, tobacco, coffee etc now out (other than for commercial/medical purposes - Teresa May for the next PM?

Should probably include alcohol in with that!!

Would imagine that this causes more death and heartache than any other drug.

Yep. Some years ago I listened to a debate about the effects of alcohol on the human, and a comment by a prominent chief of police who said if alcohol was introduced for the first time tomorrow, it would immediately be banned as a class A drug, was endorsed by some scientist from a prominent university.

If anyone wants a resounding example of the banning of drugs not working, they only need to look as far back as prohibition in the USA. Another good example is the availability of drugs within the penal system. If they can't control drugs within a prison why on earth do they think they can outside?

it is merely the same old 'seen to be doing something' politico smoke and mirrors.

Its a step but if your selling them as a toy/ or for a collection peace or plant food and so on this gets around the relaxed law sick of drugs next door to me got a cannabis factory I mean factory at least a hundred plants know quite a few teenages im mean youngster 14 thats tryed class a drugs loacl town is rife in drugs its more easy for them to get class a drugs than a packet of fags for a can of beer in my area

Edited by littlerob

Its a step but if your selling them as a toy/ or for a collection peace or plant food and so on this gets around the relaxed law sick of drugs mext door to me got a cannabis factory I mean factory at least a hundred plants know a quitefew teenages im mean youngster 14 thats tryed class a drugs loacl town is rife in drugs its more easy for thembto get class a drugs than a packet of fags for a can of beer in my area

Do you partake by any chance? :whistling:

you can't say that mate people don't like the truth

99.9% of those that like a drink, do so responsibly and with no ill effect to themselves or others, 99.9% of those that take DRUGS end up as smack heads with all the ills the title brings.

KW

Blimey, 50% + of the population must heroin addicts by your reckoning then.

99.9% of those that like a drink, do so responsibly and with no ill effect to themselves or others, 99.9% of those that take DRUGS end up as smack heads with all the ills the title brings.

KW

Not in excess it doesn't whereas with drugs, you will not know how you react until you try them, may be too late then. Can't see that happening after a pint of beer....

I know what is in beer, don't know what is mixed with some drugs.

KW

Bang on KW, and it's not often i say that!

Funny you should say that, 6 out of every 10 drivers stopped recently and drugs tested were on something.

KW

What a load of rubbish!!

Why not tackle what makes people want these "highs" as I guess they are just trying to escape some reality ?

They won't all get sorted but it's a start.

Kdubya, where did your figures come from?

Why not tackle what makes people want these "highs" as I guess they are just trying to escape some reality ?

They won't all get sorted but it's a start.

Kdubya, where did your figures come from?

Plucked from the air it is a load of rubbish I know plenty of people that use cannabis and cocaine socially and have done for many years and hold down responsible jobs and have some have Fac's too with no problems whatsoever

P

Edited by geordieh

Nah, 64% of the adult population are classed as overweight/obese and heroin addicts are usually skinny. So the figures wouldn't add up. When are the food dealers and food pushers going to be cracked down on?

l

KW

I don't think that you fully understand the problems of alcohol in our society today . Your figures are way ,way wrong . Alcohol Is the biggest reason for crime in today's society ,It's also one of the biggest causes of divorce and separation . Most drinkers will say that they are in control and that they do not pose a problem to any body .

Why not say that responsible use of class A drugs is no problem to society ,after all the effect of booze and drugs is very much the same ,except that the drugs have a certain stigma and drinkers will look down at drug takers although they are after the same high . Drugs and booze are very much the same and become addictive and make normal people behave in irresponsible and some times dangerous ways . Harnser

Plucked from the air it is a load of rubbish I know plenty of people that use cannabis and cocaine socially and have done for many years and hold down responsible jobs and have some have Fac's too with no problems whatsoever

P

My brother in law, chartered surveyor by trade used to smoke cannabis every so often until the day he was burgled by a little scrote to feed his habit. He didn't see the connection at all until i pointed it out.

I would not get in a car or shoot with someone who was drunk so why would i with someone who i knew did cocaine or weed?

Many companies now randomly test people, good news.

I don't think that you fully understand the problems of alcohol in our society today . Your figures are way ,way wrong . Alcohol Is the biggest reason for crime in today's society ,It's also one of the biggest causes of divorce and separation . Most drinkers will say that they are in control and that they do not pose a problem to any body .

Why not say that responsible use of class A drugs is no problem to society ,after all the effect of booze and drugs is very much the same ,except that the drugs have a certain stigma and drinkers will look down at drug takers although they are after the same high . Drugs and booze are very much the same and become addictive and make normal people behave in irresponsible and some times dangerous ways . Harnser

Alcohol makes up 47% of violent crime,violent crime makes up approx 25% of total crime according to the stats in the table here

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/feb/13/violent-sexual-crime-statistics-england-wales-2013

The biggest issue is in teh 16-24 yr age group.

Fact is people do not care about their behaviour any more> i would never have dared bring the police to the door or bring shame on my parents, now, it doesn't seem to matter any more.

Approve (as in safe make up), legalise, tax - the whole lot.

The war on drugs does not work.

Works in theory until those with the habit start to fund it by theft again. NHS can't really afford itself now.

not sure about those statistics

Neither am I but it made my point, never come across many who burgle, thieve, mug old women for what tablets are in their handbags, or or go on the game to support a drink habit?

KW

What complete tosh :lol:

I`ll let Bill explain it to you

***Warning some swearing***

what was the tosh your answer or the vid

KW