Cartridge Price Rises

edr

I have just been to my local gunsmith and been told that RC1/2 s have go upto £170/1000 from £150/1000. Our gunsmith said they are all going up apart from eley who have not upped theres yet will be in a few weeks though??

Is this correct, best to buy a few thousand before the season???

Thanks

EDR

I just bought 1000 Hull Intercomp HV, 28g, Plaswad 8's and they have gone up £20 since last month, they are now £175 a thou.

Also bought some Express English Sporter 28g, Fibre and got the last box at the old price, they had a pallet load sat outside that would be at the new price.

Jon.

Edited by JonD

defeats the object of a 20 bore entirely IMHO, light gun so it will swing well but you don't need that much lead in the air,

seems to be popular but I think thats because a lot of game shots who use a 20 bore only do so because they can't be ***** to carry a 12 bore despite usually being reasonable sized blokes hence they seem able to manage the recoil.

The price of lead has gone way down so they can't use that excuse again. This is because of the exchange rate with the Euro. Even if the cartridges are loaded in this country all the components are imported, from Italy mainly.

With all the companies that are going bust or struggling for work in this country how is it cheaper to import cases and wads from across the other side of Europe?

At least Eley use mostly home produced components last time I looked. probably why they haven't had to put their prices up.

Edited by Vince Green

Why oh why do you shoot a 20 bore and then put that ammount of shot through it?

I use 21 gr in my 28 bore and it is more than enough for game.

This has always puzzled as well a 12g load through a 20g absolutley pointless and the ammunition is dearer, each to his own I suppose!

I just bought another 1000 of Gamebore "WildGame" 32g 6 shot £152.and a few pence, they perform the same as clear pigeon from Clarkes of Walsham Le Willows near Bury St Edmunds. its geat for us Ipswich boys they deliver 1000 of for free. ???

Alan

This has always puzzled as well a 12g load through a 20g absolutley pointless and the ammunition is dearer, each to his own I suppose!

I just bought another 1000 of Gamebore "WildGame" 32g 6 shot £152.and a few pence, they perform the same as clear pigeon from Clarkes of Walsham Le Willows near Bury St Edmunds. its geat for us Ipswich boys they deliver 1000 of for free. :good:

Alan

Do they deliver rifle ammunition as well please?

Do they deliver rifle ammunition as well please?

Hi IM sure they do but its based on the quantity, Clarkes wont deliver less than 1000 shotgun carts with out charging you for delivery, give them a ring they are really helpfull, and they have a reasonable shop and free tea and coffee, that does it for me the lure of free tea!!

• 1 month later...

dont blame rfd`s the average gunshop makes very little on cartridges ..its manufactures being collectively greedy and i will add that the raises over the last 3years has had NO BEARING WHAT SO EVER on international lead prices! true lead has gone up but not like shells. if it was lead cost then the increase would be less blanketed <its not like the % increase in a box of 410 will differ from a box of 12 is it> sadly we shooters are a captive market on the whole and as such in there pockets... i home load alot n thats hardly changed in cost tho i reckon i could load steel for what id pay over the counter for lead,and theres nothing gone up like steel has in resent times

cartridge are still cheeper here in the Uk than in France even with the £ being worth less against the Euro a box of 25 ,32gram no.6 in France cost me

9 euros conpared to here for around 4 quid here and were not much more than when i started 25 years ago back then Eley Grand-prix cost £3.50 and Baikal cartridges cost £2 which i used as i was working on the YTS and got £ 27.50 a week then.

Bob.