How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40x50 today at the local. Was a trophy shoot and i won my class. High gun of the day was 41 so i'm pleased with the score even though i let myself down on one stand dropping 6 of the 10.

Well shot Markio :angry: You must have still been suffering from the after effects of your birthday to miss those 6 :yes::yes::yes:

Chard how did you finish up at Doveridge today ? I finished on 87 but had a disaster on my last stand & missed 5 which was not that hard. :yes::yes::yes:

The whole thing was a disaster for me Keith. I can't shoot Doveridge at all, definite bogey ground. I found the British Open completely demoralising and it's affected my confidence badly. I got 51 in that and today I got exactly the same disastrous score - 51. I hated every minute of it and never got going at all. I think it's a lovely ground, cracking scenery but I hate shooting it. I just can't get any kind of score going. Very odd. I am normally totally unaffected by the difficulty of a shoot or otherwise, I'm usually consistently mediocre :yes: but at Doveridge, I'm absolutely useless.

Anni was **** too, but better than me with a 60 and Timps did OK with a well-earned 74.

I get no pleasure from that, so I probably won't bother with it again. :angry:

Edited by Chard

60 Here, it was a tuff shoot, but some great targets that rabbit was awesome !

Should of done better, missed some real bread and butter stuff, but then again did well on a few stands I didn't think I stood a chance on

Edited by Ian E

Kegworth for me today.

It was a really good shoot,the hardest i have shot there for a while :angry: A fair few interesting targets that needed thinking about especially the pair over the pond.

I was pleased with how i shot,second time out with the new gun,two away on one stand and then seven stands with one away on each of them :yes: finishing on a good 91 :yes:

Azzurri.

60 Here, it was a tuff shoot, but some great targets that rabbit was awesome !

Should of done better, missed some real bread and butter stuff, but then again did well on a few stands I didn't think I stood a chance on

The bunney was hard but I dont know whats happening recently cus I keep hitting them all like I did at doveridge today. But it was a tough shoot but how do you expect to get better unless you shoot them :hmm::good:

The whole thing was a disaster for me Keith. I can't shoot Doveridge at all, definite bogey ground. I found the British Open completely demoralising and it's affected my confidence badly. I got 51 in that and today I got exactly the same disastrous score - 51. I hated every minute of it and never got going at all. I think it's a lovely ground, cracking scenery but I hate shooting it. I just can't get any kind of score going. Very odd. I am normally totally unaffected by the difficulty of a shoot or otherwise, I'm usually consistently mediocre :no: but at Doveridge, I'm absolutely useless.

Anni was **** too, but better than me with a 60 and Timps did OK with a well-earned 74.

I get no pleasure from that, so I probably won't bother with it again. :hmm:

Rich, dont get despondent, I missed 2 on the driven because you get complacent. But I bet you missed more in front today than behind (which you was on the driven) But who am I because I bet you shot that simo pair better than me on on the lefthand side starting up the hill :huh::no:

Ho but 5 away what would it have been (92). Still theres always next week at Shuggy. Even better I am looking forward to 3.5 weeks in Tenerife shortly :good::good::good:

Rich, dont get despondent, I missed 2 on the driven because you get complacent. But I bet you missed more in front today than behind (which you was on the driven) But who am I because I bet you shot that simo pair better than me on on the lefthand side starting up the hill :huh::no:

Ho but 5 away what would it have been (92). Still theres always next week at Shuggy. Even better I am looking forward to 3.5 weeks in Tenerife shortly :hmm::good::good:

:no: Doubt if I shot the simos better than you, Keith. If it's the pair of L - R looping away ones, I got Loss/Kill, Loss/Kill, Loss/Kill, Loss/Loss I think :good:

Timps and Chard kindly offered me a lift from Manc to Doveridge this morning, however I stayed local and did the skeet and ABT at Spennymoor. Did a 44/50 on the ABT and a 48/50 on the skeet. I don't shoot much ABT so will live with that. Skeet could have been better, but I haven't been shooting much of it lately so can't grumble with that either :hmm:

Hello Mates,

I'm new here and from across the pond.

I woke early only to find my best friend had to cancell our trip to the range today so i went by myself.

I had to find some other shooters to join as I brought my Remington 870 to shoot some clays with and I don't have an electric thrower.

I found some great guys to shoot with and popped off over 150 rounds. I averaged 95% today, which is good for me.

Rem 870, 28"VR mod choke

Winchester game rounds

150 rounds fired, 144 clays hit.

Here's my shotgun

1fe50bc0.jpg

Timps and Chard kindly offered me a lift from Manc to Doveridge this morning, however I stayed local and did the skeet and ABT at Spennymoor. Did a 44/50 on the ABT and a 48/50 on the skeet. I don't shoot much ABT so will live with that. Skeet could have been better, but I haven't been shooting much of it lately so can't grumble with that either :lol:

Average (for a gimp) :blink:

Edited by Chard

Shot the Essex Clays (Phil Moss / Scott Greenfield) shoot with Evil Elvis yesterday.

Nice little shoot and 5 minutes from home. :hmm:

Some very testing birds and nice scenery. We put in some terrible scores but at least mine was one whole point higher than Bazzas (even with his dodgy adding up) :oops::good:

They had the only tea van that didnt have hot water ready :good: so no tea or coffee :blink: and the sausage bap was pretty ropey too. (pretty important clay ground considerations in my book :good: )

Gutted I missed the Phil Moss shoot.

I reckoned it was going to be:

1. local

2. testing

3. set up with some thought

I understand it was all of the above and I'm gutted I missed it. However, I was taking one for the team this weekend in Centerparcs. Oh hang on, I forgot, if you actually want to type the word "Centerparcs" that will be £10 per usage of the word. I made a silly mistake of 'saying' the word Centerparcs just now and they took £5 from my debit card for each time.

My wallet is empty and my bottom sore from the shafting I took. Mind you, that's just any old weekend in Suffolk :good:

Oh no, hang on, my wallets not empty - where there was money there is now a big stack of debit card receipts. Centerparcs, the modern euphemism for being "nickel and dimed".

I digress....

I shot a few sporting clays at Coniston and broke the first 21 targets straight then missed the second of the overhead minis on the Pendle layout. I shot a few stands on the other layouts as well and hit 43 ex 50 overall. This is about as good as it gets for me.

First time out with my lovely new 682 Ltd and I am a very happy bunny.

Shot the Essex Clays (Phil Moss / Scott Greenfield) shoot with Evil Elvis yesterday.

Nice little shoot and 5 minutes from home. :hmm:

Some very testing birds and nice scenery. We put in some terrible scores but at least mine was one whole point higher than Bazzas (even with his dodgy adding up) :oops::good:

They had the only tea van that didnt have hot water ready :good: so no tea or coffee :blink: and the sausage bap was pretty ropey too. (pretty important clay ground considerations in my book :good: )

Where was that? What dates is it on? It'll be nice to try a new place.

I shot a few sporting clays at Coniston and broke the first 21 targets straight then missed the second of the overhead minis on the Pendle layout. I shot a few stands on the other layouts as well and hit 43 ex 50 overall. This is about as good as it gets for me.

First time out with my lovely new 682 Ltd and I am a very happy bunny.

Nicely done with a new gun. from Auntie. :good:

Where was that? What dates is it on? It'll be nice to try a new place.

It is between Billericay and Herongate.

We asked when the next one is but they didnt really know :good: They send out texts to rally people so next time it happens I will post up the details. :blink:

It is between Billericay and Herongate.

We asked when the next one is but they didnt really know :good: They send out texts to rally people so next time it happens I will post up the details. :blink:

Please do, it's been a while since i did a new ground so interested in dates to work around the wallet. :good: