How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

KEGWORTH special shoot something or other.

89 Winning B class by a mile when I left.

:P Just dropped one on nearly every stand <_<

Just wiating for someone to stick in a 90 in Bclass :blink: I think a 94 was winning it.

DEMONS EXCORSIZED :lol:

Well shot Anni :lol:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well shot to Mr potter and Chard aswell

Chard was trying his new Gun down technique :lol: going to have to practice that abit but hit some good stuff doing it <_<

Mr Potter did a 89 to so I'm chuffed to have matched him :blink:

Edited by Anni

Very well shot Anni, looked very, very good all the way through. :good:

I made a decision when we were driving down to Kegworth that today I would get on with my new gun down style :oops:

I have to confess that I didn't have the balls to try it at the North v South, but today I would :rolleyes:

Furthermore, I decided that I would shoot every bird gun down, even when they would be more suitable for shooting gun up, like DTL-style birds. I decided that if I started deciding that this or that stand would be easier to shoot gun up, I would just end up shooting most of them gun up, because it would be easier for me. :lol:

Anyway, it felt a bit awkward and I struggled to a rather mediocre 73 <_<

However I think if I persevere, I will quickly get used to it and it will then just feel "normal"

Today, I was either :

1 - Worrying about gun mount/face on stock and failing to concentrate on the clay. :oops:

2 - Thinking about the clay and ending up shooting at it with my face off the stock or something equally stupid. :sly:

3 - Doing some kind of ******** half and half style, with the gun in my shoulder but head up, and putting my head down after I called for the bird, so neither gun up or down, as the Grand Old Duke of York said :blink:

It'll come :rolleyes:

Again well shot to both Anni who was outstanding and Mr Potter, who also shot an 89, but we'd expect him to get that :lol:

Skeet again for me:

Practice at Bisley> 21,21,22,23 for 87ex100, some helpful hints from Alan Warren who was on fire as normal.

Once I get high 2 and the pair on 2 sorted should be in B class territory.

Jon.

Shot the Essex club team shoot today. Did an 89/100 with 2 nasty stands and a handful dropped along the way.

Good strong team performance but no silverware I fear.

I would have been up there in the pool shoot with 22/25 if it weren't for the fact that the kid they had keeping the scores really wasn't into it, wasn't too sure how it ran and clearly didn't want to be there. Someone else in the group of 5 got my score of 22/25 :rolleyes: I am sure he's pleased though :rolleyes:

Mung,

Out of interest, which did you classify as the nasty two? I think the lowest scores I witnessed was on stand 8; midi from tower and manual trap close range wabbit...

I got 2 of the 3 midi (which another day i would have blanked, so pleased with that) and none of the bunnies. It was the second from last stand with the mini (Bumblebee thing) and the quartering standard that sticks most in my mind as a cock up, only did a 3 there. if only etc etc. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I made a decision when we were driving down to Kegworth that today I would get on with my new gun down style :blink:

Anyway, it felt a bit awkward and I struggled to a rather mediocre 73 :rolleyes:

However I think if I persevere, I will quickly get used to it and it will then just feel "normal"

Today, I was either :

1 - Worrying about gun mount/face on stock and failing to concentrate on the clay. :good:

2 - Thinking about the clay and ending up shooting at it with my face off the stock or something equally stupid. :oops:

3 - Doing some kind of ******** half and half style, with the gun in my shoulder but head up, and putting my head down after I called for the bird, so neither gun up or down, as the Grand Old Duke of York said <_<

It'll come :rolleyes:

I found that carrying out "dry mounting" indoors (not some sort of sexual act) 15 minutes every night helped a lot - hasn't done much to my scores lately but hopefully that will come in time. After a time you stop thinking about it and it just happens.

:good: Just dropped one on nearly every stand :rolleyes:

Just wiating for someone to stick in a 90 in Bclass :rolleyes: I think a 94 was winning it.

DEMONS EXCORSIZED :blink:

Top shooting Anni <_<

:lol: Just dropped one on nearly every stand :rolleyes:

Just waiting for someone to stick in a 90 in Class :rolleyes: I think a 94 was winning it.

DEMONS EXORCISED :lol:

I WAS THERE!! I witnessed it I saw a demon exorcised, I didn't think it would happen before we started, especially after Anni's head rotated 360o on his shoulders when we were booking on (think he was trying to impress his stalker) <_< :blink: :good:

But he absolutely kicked that demons *** from Stand 1, cool, methodical, calm, it was a pleasure to watch and if he wins B class it will be thoroughly deserved.

Chard did OK for someone trying a new style, gun down. Some stands he shot like his new best friend, George D, others his gun down technique looked awkward and he struggled but certainly not too shabby, it will get easier :oops::oops::sly:

Had to work hard to keep up with Anni and I didn't know until the end what the scores were (I thought he had pipped me by 1). There will be no justice if Anni doesn't win B class. I'm hoping to be placed but there was already a 90 in A class class when we left at about half past one.

Coniston next week and only 5 days to wait!!

Mr Potter

Top shooting Anni <_<

Cheers Rob :blink: Well done to you and Jaybird at Catton.

Thanks Mr Potter and thanks for offering to shoot that last stand first as it was my turn in the pack to go first, even though you were on a good card yourself.

I thought I better stand upto the plate though and get it shot :good: shame I shot over one of them :rolleyes: would have done the big 9 0 :rolleyes: