kidnapped kent couple

Martin2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the SAS fancy a bit of training and want to do it, then fine let them. But I wouldn't order any of our well trained soldiers to put their lives on the line for a couple of old numpties - they were warned and they knew where they were sailing into, and they went ahead.

If I stood in the middle of the M25, would I be surprised if I got hit by a lorry? What if immediately before standing in the middle of the M25 a traffic officer told me it wasn't safe and not to do it and I still went ahead. Would I then be entitled to demand the world's attention and resources to help me out of my predicament if I got run over?

If the SAS fancy a bit of training and want to do it, then fine let them. But I wouldn't order any of our well trained soldiers to put their lives on the line for a couple of old numpties - they were warned and they knew where they were sailing into, and they went ahead.

If I stood in the middle of the M25, would I be surprised if I got hit by a lorry? What if immediately before standing in the middle of the M25 a traffic officer told me it wasn't safe and not to do it and I still went ahead. Would I then be entitled to demand the world's attention and resources to help me out of my predicament if I got run over?

Well put , they should stick to going skeggy

Why do people do stupid things like this when they know of the dangers.I suppose that they would had got a few drinks from their tales of "how we sailed through pirate infested waters" but now that the've come a cropper they want our help.If you play with fire you can get burnt-simple as.I cant see why we should risk any of our soldiers lives on these aged buffoons.

what should we do about the kidnapped couple in Somalia,pay the ransom,negotiate or sas/sbs,i say sas/sbs mess with brits you die.

The SBS tried a rescue mission a little while ago.

It failed due to 'delays and technical problems'. :lol:

Not sure exactly what the delays were, but i believe it had something to do with Andy McNab not quite finishing his new yarn 'Blackbeard Down'. :good:

The SBS tried a rescue mission a little while ago.

It failed due to 'delays and technical problems'. :lol:

Not sure exactly what the delays were, but i believe it had something to do with Andy McNab not quite finishing his new yarn 'Blackbeard Down'. :good:

could be wrong, but i thought it was due to delays in authorising the mission, by the time it had been ok'd the pair had been moved :lol:

Regardless of the "they should have known better" replies they were after all in international waters and should in this day and age be safe and free to travel where they please, if harm comes to them, we should then indulge the present day gene pool in Somalia still not yet evolved from the stone age, with a little modern day technology delivered personally by the RAF,after all its not as if we don't know were the neanderthals are?

KW

could be wrong, but i thought it was due to delays in authorising the mission, by the time it had been ok'd the pair had been moved :lol:

Nah, i'm sure they were just waiting for McNab to finish chapter 12. 'How i single handedly saved two old scroates from marauding pirates' Unfortunately due to book signing commitments McNab only finished chapter 12 last Sunday.

Expect a 'shock and awe' stylee rescue attempt very soon.

You heard it here first :good:

why sail in the most pirate infested waters in the world without an AK47 :good:

they said on their blog before they left, that the waters would be too choppy for pirates.. :lol:

Don't reckon an AK would save you, the pirates have more advanced stuff, rocket propelled grenades etc these days, saying that though they are idiots but not sure they should be left to die, guess when pirates realise they don't have any money they'll let them go.

Apparently they sold their house the pay for the boat, which frankly strikes me as a bit risky did they plan to live on the boat for ever?

weren't they one of the ones that were captured further off shore than the pirates had been operating? There have been lots of iffs and buts about things with them such as the navy vessel that watched it happen but couldn't get organised to intervene. Yes they've been a bit silly but when you're sailing round oceans to actually get somewhere how far away from Somalia should you stay to be safe? also they would have assumed they were low on the list as lets face it if the pirates seize an oil tanker they are receiving millions in ransom

Don't reckon an AK would save you, the pirates have more advanced stuff, rocket propelled grenades etc these days, saying that though they are idiots but not sure they should be left to die, guess when pirates realise they don't have any money they'll let them go.

Apparently they sold their house the pay for the boat, which frankly strikes me as a bit risky did they plan to live on the boat for ever?

Big PAH!

I reckon we should ask Greenpeace if we can borrow "Rainbow Warrior" and load it with 1000's of 28g 7.5s and go and sort them out. Rocket propelled grenades? no match for a 7.5 from a benelli Montefeltro :good:

I dunno, I am all up for bombing a few pirates - hell why not?

But instead of focusing on sending a message to the pirates, what about sending a message to people not to be so daft. Indeed, what happens if someone dies in the rescue attempt? It was all a bit avoidable really wasn't it?