THE FOXPERIMENT (not sponsored by sporting gun)

Blackbart

Everybody has failed to notice that it was dead to start with.

A piece of paper fired from an elastic band will kill a dead fox.

:lol: :lol: :yp: :P :P

Blackbart, this has got to be the best thread ive seen this for a while. many thanks for your efforts. :good::oops: :blink:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on this one, that would make very interesting reading, but don't let sporting gun get hold of it :good:

Agreed this one will be great to see, given its surprising performance it would be nice to see a boar aswell if any arrangement could be made with any forest of dean lads.....(probably being abit optomistic for this one to happen tho)

boar and deer would be less likely as they have heads designed for bashing things and each other so skulls are thicker.

Actually I do know a keeper who tried to destroy a pot bellied pig with a .22lr and that resulted in a ****** off piggie after 3 shots he had to go back for a bigger gun

Edited by al4x

When i was a lot younger i had a fox in a trap and didn't know what to do, i was about 13. anyway, me and my trusty .177 webley omega sorted the fox with a single shot to the front of the head. i can remember it like it was yesterday. fox was in a cage trap and i was asked to sort it out. i went down the track with the air rifle and spend ten minutes trying to work out what to do so i just put the rifle barrel into the cage, pointed at its head and squeezed. it just dropped, no messing or anything, dead as dead gets.

first and only time i have done this and i like to think im old enough to know better now. :welcomeani:

Phil.

OK, a fox "can" be killed with a sub 12 lb air rifle, and this thread and "experiment" proves it, but the shot would have to be placed in exactly the right place from a reasonably close range, using the correct type of pellet. That is all well and good, and I raise my hat to the O.P. for putting so much effort and time into it. What we have to be very careful of here is that we don't get a few idiots (Which we almost certainly will) that read this and think that it gives them justification to go out and try shooting foxes left right and centre with the first air gun that falls into their hands.

Please let us emphasise that this was an "experiment" only and was only carried out to find if it was POSSIBLE for a sub 12 ft/lb air gun to kill a fox and it is not saying that it is O.K. to use sub 12 ft/lb air guns to go out fox hunting! We all have to recognise that foxes are vermin and all vermin must be controlled, but controlling them should be done as humanely as possible using the right "tools for the job"! To use anything other than the "Right tool for the job" will only bring fox control under even further scrutiny from the "Antis", something that we could all do without!

Edited by Frenchieboy

OK, a fox "can" be killed with a sub 12 lb air rifle, and this thread and "experiment" proves it, but the shot would have to be placed in exactly the right place from a reasonably close range, using the correct type of pellet. That is all well and good, and I raise my hat to the O.P. for putting so much effort and time into it. What we have to be very careful of here is that we don't get a few idiots (Which we almost certainly will) that read this and think that it gives them justification to go out and try shooting foxes left right and centre with the first air gun that falls into their hands.

Please let us emphasise that this was an "experiment" only and was only carried out to find if it was POSSIBLE for a sub 12 ft/lb air gun to kill a fox and it is not saying that it is O.K. to use sub 12 ft/lb air guns to go out fox hunting! We all have to recognise that foxes are vermin and all vermin must be controlled, but controlling them should be done as humanely as possible using the right "tools for the job"! To use anything other than the "Right tool for the job" will only bring fox control under even further scrutiny from the "Antis", something that we could all do without!

:good: I did it to prove it could be done and not should be done.

And truth be known,i nearly didnt post the results for just that reason.....

Cattle are killed with a captive bolt pistol , which is a pistol that fires a hollow bolt into the brain , powered by .22 Rimfire blanks

My neighbour works at a slaughterhouse and they occasionally get Bison in. The captive bolt gun won't do the job on them, as they found out...However, they have a .308 hidden away somewhere which comes out in these situations. :good:

The carcasses are often inspected and any with more than 2 bolt gun holes in the head can get the company in deep poo!