Anyone seen any Cubs yet

pavman

Yep 1st 1 last week with a .22lr winchester super x sub, i was watching a bank where theres a known earth and one poked his head out, since then ive had more and the vixen.

I sit not a few miles from Martham as I type, will wave as I pass tonight on my way home :good:

Squeaked 5 cubs out early today. They were looking at me and happily sat there for 5 mins.

Unfortunately couldn't shoot them as that permission is a sewage treatment plant, which is overrun with rabbits, so they need the foxes to help keep the number down.

I don't know of any chicken pens in the area, so no real risk. Plus they have about 10 acres of land heaving with bunnies.

had a call last friday by a disstressed woman she had 5 cubs sunning there selfs in the garden with the vixen when her two minni poodles approached them the vixen hammerd the hell out of the two dogs 1 had a broken jaw the other as she descrbed it had its face pulled off i explained the vixen was only protecting her family . didnt want me to deal with the fox but wanted me to catch her and her cubs and dump them somewhere else ?? not happening call out fee got larger .so yes cubs about down here

They are no more than 200 yards from a fairly large driven Game shoot...

I would have slotted them mate.

Not Gus' shoot... I though that was the only one.

Anyway, my mate said he might let me have one next time. However there's a chance one of the workers at the site might be watching them and it'll be my mate who could get the blame if they go missing, potentially losing his permission.

:blink: only shoot what you're asked to :good:

Not seen any cubs around here yet I don't think it will be long before I do! Unfortunately most of the earths where I expect to see them on my permissions are too close for comfort to fields where the ewes and lambs are put out, so any foxes or cubs that show their selves had better behave and chose their diet carefully or they will be getting fed with a 50gr .222 bullet fired by "yours truly"!

• 3 weeks later...
had a call last friday by a disstressed woman she had 5 cubs sunning there selfs in the garden with the vixen when her two minni poodles approached them the vixen hammerd the hell out of the two dogs 1 had a broken jaw the other as she descrbed it had its face pulled off i explained the vixen was only protecting her family . didnt want me to deal with the fox but wanted me to catch her and her cubs and dump them somewhere else ?? not happening call out fee got larger .so yes cubs about down here

Think I would rather see a fox than poodles......... Dam things my mother has them alot more fiery than you think.

I was out having a walk yesterday and spotted a vixen with 2 cubs. I was not expecting to see them so I was not moving as quietly or stealthily as I could have been so she might well have more than 2 cubs which I could well have frightened off and back underground before spotting them!

This is on land where I was planning to have a foxing session with the lamp next week anyway so things are looking hopeful, especially as I have now located someone that "knows what they are doing" and has a couple of good experienced terriers if I nail the vixen first!