Whats happened to flaming june

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

I dont know about you guys but I think this june even though sunny its not been warm for a good part .

The crops are still well behind our barley on the sandy soil is normally ready too cut by the last week of june no chance of that this year it still very green.

Last night got down to 6c in oxfordshire thats fleece weather .

OTH

Edited by Over the hill

Roasted for the last 3 days admit today mainly in the afternoon and out of the wind. still nice though er and remember this is the UK still cheer up the nights start drawing in next week :good:

KW

Everytime we have a glorious April we tend to have a naff Summer. For the last 5 or 6 years I've noticed that on or around the Summer Solstice the weather tends to be somewhat cloudy and cooler than we expect. The reason I notice is there is a village fete we go to on the 3rd saturday of june every year as the OH likes to meet up and chat with her old boss whom organises it. Everytime we've gone it's normally been cloudy with the odd shower here & there. I think one time it was warm enough to forego the fleece.

BTW, the average British Summertime temperature is only 14 degrees C so when the weathermen say "it's likely to remain about average for this time of year" don't go thinking you'll be running about in your Jorts.

Edited by Doc Holliday

its warm enough over here, too warm nearly, weve given up shooting at the mo and taken up fishing instead, its great - last sunday i spent 7 hours fishing, caught my first ever pike and managed to drink 3 litres of strong cider and a half bottle of vodka while i was out :good: :(

Edited by Ozzy Fudd