window cleaners

stu_young

just moved in to a new place a 2 up 2 down sort off affair an asked the window cleaner how much to wash the 6 windows i have got.. well do me with a feather he said 15 quid!!!! does that sound about right last time i employed a window cleaner it was a 5 quid for all the windows the front an back door an all the upvc

so if you have your windows cleaned how much do you get charged an do you have them cleaned fortnightly or monthly

Edited by stu_young

I do a little window cleaning to keep a little cash flowing during the quite winter months.

Average house is £15 bungalow is £7 dont forget it all depends on are you a rural house or in a estate .

It still takes time and money to drive stop unload your gear and if you not got a run of houses most of mine are 10 mins apart so you can soon add in 1 1/2 hours driving into your day.

Some of my big houses takes over 4 hours to do and I charge between £50 and £65.

And dont forget that old nightmare of doing self employed outdoor work weather on some days you earn good money but that is rounded up by the rainy days when the PAYE employees still get paid come rain or shine which is why it can seem steep.

Also there is a big north south division on labour charges as cost of living is diffrent despite what some think ever tried living in M4 belt of gold you could buy a large house up north etc for the price of my poxy little masonette.

Cheers OTH

Edited by Over the hill

Guest gloker

Ours charges a fiver, once a month. dog goes mental throwing herself at the windows when he turns up. He is a shady looking chap, but does an alright job. He would be mad to try and burgle us mind, the dog hates him with a passion and he would end up covered in Jack russell bites!

never employ a window cleaner if he dose not have ins like it was said if they fall of they try to sue you he tried it with me when he fell of found out he had no ins not the right ladders for the job so you might think that its expensive but in the long run its the going rate always check with them they have the right docs for the jobsn if not dont have them be warned

8 windows and two doors for £8 but always gave a tenner - Our cleaner used the ionised water system - first time I saw it I thought he had ripped me off as he never cleaned water off glass - soon dried though streak free and he also did plastic frames - I would never have a bloke with soapy water and leather again.

Dave

I had a chap with a bucket and ladder did it once/twice £5 never saw him again (except doing a house down the road...) then got a guy with a pole "reach wash system" £7.50 for one 3 window bay 6 windows, he never did the door and haven't seen him since last summer but he does houses over the road..... he got a cushy number as next door wanted there's done as well.... must either get another one or do it my self i suppose... neither of them could shift the bird poop remnants of egg from halloween...

Edited by HDAV

8 windows and two doors for £8 but always gave a tenner - Our cleaner used the ionised water system - first time I saw it I thought he had ripped me off as he never cleaned water off glass - soon dried though streak free and he also did plastic frames - I would never have a bloke with soapy water and leather again.

Dave

Could you use the ionised water to wash a car so it dried streak free?