just had a shock.

MM

im not so concerned about the justice factor, as im in agreement that she has done wrong, and needs to pay the price. Her poor mother and sister are the ones i feel sorry for. You could not meet nicer people. Although i might look like it, im not a drug taker. Im very anti drugs, having seen the damage they can do to the person and the families, and this is a prime case of it. What makes people turn to a liffe of crime, when they have such a normal life.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MM - it has to be greed in my opinion. placing self gratification before all else. As long as they think they are getting away with it the further they will push - and then something like this happens and it is all those left behind who have to suffer the pain.

Pushking :blink:

Edited by Pushkin

im not so concerned about the justice factor, as im in agreement that she has done wrong, and needs to pay the price. Her poor mother and sister are the ones i feel sorry for. You could not meet nicer people. Although i might look like it, im not a drug taker. Im very anti drugs, having seen the damage they can do to the person and the families, and this is a prime case of it. What makes people turn to a liffe of crime, when they have such a normal life.

seeing the effects of drugs on my friends in school and in uni stopped me ever taking them. all the stuff about weed being a gateway drug is true as far as i am concerned.

having read the globes article i can see why the sentences were so heavy, they didnt go about it in a small way!! and i thought the wirral was so quiet :blink:

Jeeze, importing dope worth millions, living the high life, with all the trappings, and yet Dunn, her bloke was claiming disability

payments as well! Utter scumbags, MM mate, dont feel sorry for her at all, understand your feelings for her mum but not the

daughter. :blink:

as someone who has seen both sides of the drug trade thru work and social life i dont feel for her at all..will prob be out in 6/7 years if that and they have no idea the pain and suffering it will cause to her family and others with people that have a habit...but the money is there to be made from drugs..which is why alot of people fall into the trap so to speak..

what would you do when you can either work 9-5 all week for basic wage or sell a few wraps of coke or smack and earn the same amount in a few hours..

Take pills for example aka extasy you can buy them for less than 25p each and sell 4 for £10 ...

same kind of mark up with coke and smack...depends how much you cut it which is your profit margain

As Mungler said earlier - legalise the lot and tax it rotten! I live in a very small town but could quite easily get any drug I wanted within 5 minutes if I wanted to. I'm not inclined to believe there would be a rash of people taking up H just because it's legal. Make some money off it and stop the exploitation and imprisonment of plebs while those making the money and pulling the strings make the money.

I know of a boy who perfectly nice till his father commited suicide and then he went completely wrong and is staying at HM plesure at the moment.

Yes,there are often extenuating circumstances,but it dont take away their ability to know the difference between right and wrong.

However-in this case it was driven by greed.

Another vote to legalise and tax it large!

Nothing constructive to say on the "person" in question so will leave it at that.

defeats the object.....people will still smuggle it in to avoid the taxes, like cheap cigs from abroad

shaun

I feel sorry for her family

as for legalizing heroin not a chance

ever noticed every now and again there are warnings that there is some purer than normal heroin around warning them usally in high crime areas. here's my theory the goverment release a load of pure smack then the junkie bum od's taking the amount he normally shoots up with thus lowering the crime rate as a few less on the rob to feed there habbit

Edited by ST3V3

defeats the object.....people will still smuggle it in to avoid the taxes, like cheap cigs from abroad

shaun

Exactly.

It wouldn't work. There'd still be a huge black market for the stuff, in the same way there is for booze/fags. I bet there's not many on here who haven't done a 'booze cruise' to avoid our crippling taxes?

Absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the girl. I find it hard to believe her family wouldn't have known something was going on. A 21yr old shacked up with a man of 37 on disability benefits yet living the life of riley? If that was my daughter i'd be asking questions.

On a lighter note at least she'll get plenty of crack on the inside!! :blink: :yes:

shaun

Only if they were available abroad....

but the reward would be so much less, and don't forget the billions in advertising and branding that will be spent, no more dodgy hoodies on street corners (BTW proper drugs dealers dont look like they do in the Bill!) it wont be radom purity cut with whatever it will be "new coke light", "Original coke" (you all know coke-cola contained cocaine in the original receipe right!) just think it could work the other way, how about all the "drug tourists" coming over spending loads of dosh to get high on "London proof ecstasy", and "Traditional Scottish blend hash"! and then going home....

Prohibition didn't work it just gave birth too and fuelled organised crime, if you think the majority of people taking recreational drugs are down and outs who can't hold down a job your out of your tree more than they are, Coke is very middle class rife amongst housewives school kids and professionals alike, cannabis by huge sects of the population from the obvious to the not so and ecstasy the drug of choice for party animals and regular people. the vast majority of drug users (recreational not habitual/chronic) are law abiding tax paying people just the same as you and me..... it's amazing to see the ignorance and almost Victorian Hypocrisy shown. Whilst the anti gun movement is treated like uneducated sensationalists the same can be said bout many

Just because it is illegal doesn't make it wrong, just because it is legal doesn't make it right.... are laws to protect us? or control us?

(sorry got a bit philosophical...there)

Look at it this way, if it was legal the suppliers could actually be held accountable for the mess they cause at their expense rather than ours.....

Edited by HDAV

I feel sorry for her family

as for legalizing heroin not a chance

ever noticed every now and again there are warnings that there is some purer than normal heroin around warning them usally in high crime areas. here's my theory the goverment release a load of pure smack then the junkie bum od's taking the amount he normally shoots up with thus lowering the crime rate as a few less on the rob to feed there habbit

If only...or are you saying they don't fly a huge cargo plane back from Afghanistan empty.....

Would you like if you couldnt be with your daughter for the next fifteen years?

Get Real mate -there are people out there who will NEVER be with their sons or daughters AGAIN -as a result of taking drugs -which have been supplied through people like her.

Get Real mate -there are people out there who will NEVER be with their sons or daughters AGAIN -as a result of taking drugs -which have been supplied through people like her.

Exactly the dealers on the street are absolute scum however i am not against the legalisation of drugs but very much doubt it would ever happen.

George

Yes but then you can apply the same logic as many people on here, they knew what they were doing when they were taking drugs. People decide to take drugs, the same as alcohol which is spoken of as OK because it is seen OK by our Government, but comparing drugs to alcohol, which causes the most problems?

For anyone to say I am pro-drugs, i'm not, I'm more pro beer, you can see that anyone that has met me!

What are the real reasons that she was given 15 years for a first offence? That she was getting one over on the government or the damage she does to people? You don't have to buy drugs they are called pushers but it's individuals choice.

Do they call Off licences pushers?

I have to say reading this thread has made me think about a film which I watched only the other week titled 'American Gangster' staring Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe.

It protrayed the legendary drug baron Frank Lucas who has been named the biggest of all time in the USA during the 70's

I must admit that I sat through it surprised about the actual lengths he went to in establishing himself in the business-from setting himself up direct with the producers in Asia to importing the Herion into the USA in coffins containing dead GI'S from Vietnam. I read up afterwards the coffin bit was denied it ever happened by the American authorities (but Lucas insisted he did it)

Now I was guilty of thinking-Heck this guy was making a million dollars a day in the 70's and well........ wow.......

It was later on in the film where the effects of the herion peddled among the poorer elements were shown (in fiction) that I realized this was and is bad for society, and that somewhere similar pictures are being played out in real life.

Despite the earlier posts of legalize the stuff and such like, it wont work as there will always be the weaker element of society that succumbs to it, which in literal terms will be a majority rather than a minority.

Regards