100milesaway

paulos

Many thanks to you all for your good wishes, i will have to either get my gun repaired or get a new one for when i go. Still debating which, for those of you that don't know me I have been very neglectful to my gun and am now in fear of it coming back to bite me. :good: Both chokes have been stuck in 1/2 and 1/2 for 3 years, theres a dent in the rib, it desperately needs a service and a really good clean and i've lost the lovely silver disc that sits in the stock. :) The guesstimate is £300 minimum ,to get it back to what it was and it could be more.The question is would i be better off in investing in a new one of the same? Whilst i am chuffed to bits to have qualified for the team again, i'm under no illusion as to my declining talents and 7 years on from when i was on the team before do feel a tad more nervous this time.What i don't want to do is blame a poor performance on my gun,and feel i should get that in order first, i'm sure that will chase the demons away.I also think it's such a shame that there are many better lady shooters than me around that just don't want to make the effort to go that step further to shoot for their country. I actually only completed 4 of the 7 selection shoots, not doing the other 3 'cause i thought i had done that bad that it wasn't worth it to do the others, i didn't even send the forms in and was shocked when i got a call from theCPSA to tell me i had qualified. Anyway, i can assure one and all that i will do my best and whatever transpires i will enjoy it. from Auntie. :lol:

Many thanks to you all for your good wishes, i will have to either get my gun repaired or get a new one for when i go. Still debating which, for those of you that don't know me I have been very neglectful to my gun and am now in fear of it coming back to bite me. :good: Both chokes have been stuck in 1/2 and 1/2 for 3 years, theres a dent in the rib, it desperately needs a service and a really good clean and i've lost the lovely silver disc that sits in the stock. :) The guesstimate is £300 minimum ,to get it back to what it was and it could be more.The question is would i be better off in investing in a new one of the same? Whilst i am chuffed to bits to have qualified for the team again, i'm under no illusion as to my declining talents and 7 years on from when i was on the team before do feel a tad more nervous this time.What i don't want to do is blame a poor performance on my gun,and feel i should get that in order first, i'm sure that will chase the demons away.I also think it's such a shame that there are many better lady shooters than me around that just don't want to make the effort to go that step further to shoot for their country. I actually only completed 4 of the 7 selection shoots, not doing the other 3 'cause i thought i had done that bad that it wasn't worth it to do the others, i didn't even send the forms in and was shocked when i got a call from theCPSA to tell me i had qualified. Anyway, i can assure one and all that i will do my best and whatever transpires i will enjoy it. from Auntie. :lol:

I'd be very tempted to spend the £300 and get your gun up to scratch again. You hear about so many occasions where somebody chops in their "old faithful" and they never really take to the new gun :lol:

I had a look down at the game fair for guns Auntie. There were very few bargains to be found but Kelbrook had a load of MK38 GD 5's in - trap and sporter. Might be worth a look if you are thinking down that route? You can have a go with my new one as well if you are at Marne on Wednesday :lol:

I'd agree with Chard (begrudgingly :) - what a total douchebag :good: ) in that even if you swap like-for-like, you won't get one that suits you the same as the one you have now :lol:

Edited by paulos

I had a look down at the game fair for guns Auntie. There were very few bargains to be found but Kelbrook had a load of MK38 GD 5's in - trap and sporter. Might be worth a look if you are thinking down that route? You can have a go with my new one as well if you are at Marne on Wednesday ???

I'd agree with Chard (begrudgingly :hmm: - what a total douchebag :yes: ) in that even if you swap like-for-like, you won't get one that suits you the same as the one you have now :no:

I'm Shooting at Grinton on Wednesday in the wensleydale league, but whats all this about a new gun?:lol:?:P?:D?:P?Spill. from Auntie. :yes: