hertfordshire game and country fair

sticko

Hertfordshire game and country fair. does any body know if it is run by the same organiser as last years knebworth show ?

is anyone going this weekend. and do you know if they have a clay shoot (website not that clear awaiting reply) was a good day out for all the family last year

see you there if you are going

pete :good:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like there's going to be any clay shooting, only a "Gun Safety Demo"............yawn... :good:

I think I'll give it a miss. :hmm:

I know for a fact they won't allow any shooting on the Show Ground itself, I laid on a shoot there a few years back for a local YFC event, and within a few minutes of the first shot being fired was being harangued by a guy living nearby. :good:

After that, all shooting was in the large field opposite the ground, across the A5183.

Cat.

Doesn't look like there's going to be any clay shooting, only a "Gun Safety Demo"............yawn... :oops:

I think I'll give it a miss. :yes:

I know for a fact they won't allow any shooting on the Show Ground itself, I laid on a shoot there a few years back for a local YFC event, and within a few minutes of the first shot being fired was being harangued by a guy living nearby. :good:

After that, all shooting was in the large field opposite the ground, across the A5183.

Cat.

Yup, last shoot I knew of there was across the road from the ground but that was a few years back and that was before that silly bunch of gated houses got put up recently - even more people living nearby now.

May pop in Saturday if we're not pressing pears for perry :):good:

Doesn't look like there's going to be any clay shooting, only a "Gun Safety Demo"............yawn... :good:

I think I'll give it a miss. :oops:

Cat.

How sad, but it must be a built up area being so close to Londinium and international airports. Do the "locals"also complain of gas guns, cockerels crowing, sheep baaing and the combine? This is England.

How sad, but it must be a built up area being so close to Londinium and international airports. Do the "locals"also complain of gas guns, cockerels crowing, sheep baaing and the combine? This is England.

Aside from a couple of houses, it's in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure the M1 next to it would muffle the sound.

Yup, last shoot I knew of there was across the road from the ground but that was a few years back and that was before that silly bunch of gated houses got put up recently - even more people living nearby now.

May pop in Saturday if we're not pressing pears for perry :good::good:

I've been lamping out there quite a lot fairly recently... the look on some of their faces as the 243 barks during the night is priceless...